Texans at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Game Day Whahoo !

F347F512-E68F-4930-AF24-D2A3CC7189D7_zpsjj1jjt5a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

socalrams90

Starter
I was not nervous about the game all week yet today I feel anxious. Gonna take a while for me to fill “expect” wins.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Time to go 2-0 vs Texas. Rams need this home win vs a weakened Texans team, or it will be "why can't they win at home?" Many of us don't count London as a home game so it's officially 1-2 at home... hopefully 2-2 later today.

Will be interesting to see the Whitworth-Clowney matchup. Does Whit shut him down, or does Clowney get to Jared?

A really good HOU defense can create some problems, obviously. Looking forward to our guy Donald to be disruptive again, He had an awesome game last week. I have faith in this team to get the W.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just seasoned the steaks, packing stuff up for the Tailgate!! 24 peeps for the tailgate. Funny, my better half is an Uber driver, yesterday she called me while she was working and told me she had just picked up 4 Texan fans from LAX. They were in for the game so we invited them to the TG, just to show them LA hospitality!! GO RAMS!!
That is so great of you guys...The best kind of friendly trolling is with those you like or are spending fun time with!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I was not nervous about the game all week yet today I feel anxious. Gonna take a while for me to fill “expect” wins.

I came on this morning to post the exact same sentiment. I know Sean gets them to focus on preparation during the week and play by play execution during games. I know we have the more talented team. I know we have great matchups across the board.

But, like you, I fear the worst can still happen. Turnovers, injuries, a few mistakes here and there, Goff throws a couple interception balls that get caught this time as opposed to other games when the defenders drop them.

Here’s to them blowing out another undermanned team so I can be nervous again next week in spite of 7-2

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can tell you guys that it feels like a Christmas gift, having the team so good this year. I just heard a couple of Houston sports guys running down the Rams remaining games, and even with their pessimistic beliefs that the Rams lose to the Eagles, Hawks, Saints, and Titans...they think the Rams win today (plus against the Niners and Cards) ending up with a 10-6 record and in the playoffs.

They are wrong, of course..I would be severely disappointed if the Rams didn't also beat the Hawks, Saints, and Titans...I think we also beat the Iggles, but it might be too hard to win out,so we will probably lose to someone that we shouldn't lose too. We have been pining for a winning season for more than a decade, and now we are going to smash through that barrier, enroute to what?
Super Bowl baby!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Question: would you prefer

1. Rams lose to Texans but the wake up call causes the young team to beat the Eagles

Or

2. Rams blow out the Texans but lose badly to the Eagles later this year.

BTW: no pussing out by saying you want to win both. Who the h$ll wouldn’t?

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe

1. Rams lose to Texans but the wake up call causes the young team to beat the Eagles

Or

Sorry man but i dont think one depends on the other. Not what you're looking for but....

GO RAMS !!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

Or

Without a doubt the 1st answer. The loss to the Texans wouldn't be as important because it would be to an AFC team and the Rams would then have the tie-breaker over Philly in the playoffs (if they both finish with the same record).

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

1009_spo_ldn-l-rams-1009-jm-23.jpg

By VINCENT BONSIGNORE
Eight games in, the Rams have done their part. Now it’s on L.A. to do its part

When the Rams last saw the Coliseum in early October, the carry-over skepticism from their woeful 4-12 record in 2016 still lingered ominously in Los Angeles.

The Rams distributed 60,745 tickets to their game against the Seattle Seahawks five weeks ago, of which 55,000 were probably used. Not a terrible crowd in the whole scheme of the NFL, but certainly not where the Rams hoped to be their second season back in L.A.

In one of the great transformations in NFL history, the Rams have done almost the unthinkable.

From the depths of football purgatory they’ve risen up as legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

Now it’s on L.A. to provide the backing they deserve.

The Rams set their Coliseum capacity at 65,000 this year – with some wiggle room to go to 70,000. It was their response to the logistical difficulties of comfortably accommodating the 80,000 to 90,000 that packed the 94-year-old stadium last year.

As well as the Rams are playing – and the high stakes involved over the next eight weeks – there is no reason all 65,000 tickets shouldn’t be gobbled up and used.

That would be the case in any market in the NFL. You’d think it would be the case in L.A.

Eight games in, mission accomplished. The Rams have made a riveting case for themselves as a must-see product.

You’d think it’s enough to grab the attention of greater Los Angeles and create a powerful home field advantage as they make their second half playoff push.

You’d think, anyway.

“We’ve got to just continue to focus on trying to deliver a good product to this city and hopefully the fans will come up and support us,” McVay said.

The Rams have done their part.

Now it’s on L.A. to respond accordingly.

link to full article

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/1...one-their-part-now-its-on-l-a-to-do-its-part/

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Or

Since I don't believe in magical scenarios, I'll take the win this week!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

Or

im personally fine losing to the eagles in the regular season, cuz theres a decent to good chance we meet in the playoffs and I feel it could be tough to beat an equally talented team twice

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not sneaking up on anyone anymore. The word is out. The RAMS are GOOD!!!!!!! So, now our team has to live up to the hype each and every week. Let's get this home win BIG to give the Vikings something to think about next week. We need Bridgewater uptight next week!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The last time the Rams and Texans met was 2013.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y5hlurn_lc

Interesting facts:
That was also Sam Bradford's last victory in a Rams uniform.
Wade Phillips was Houston's defensive coordinator.

I remember that game. It was supposed to be the one where the Texans, then a SB contender, to finally fix things. The Rams were the perfect opponent for that. Matt Schaub, who had like a pick 6 in every game got hurt and fans started cheering for that. TJ Yates does the same thing. Karma, biotch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Time to go 2-0 vs Texas. Rams need this home win vs a weakened Texans team, or it will be "why can't they win at home?" Many of us don't count London as a home game so it's officially 1-2 at home... hopefully 2-2 later today.

Will be interesting to see the Whitworth-Clowney matchup. Does Whit shut him down, or does Clowney get to Jared?

A really good HOU defense can create some problems, obviously. Looking forward to our guy Donald to be disruptive again, He had an awesome game last week. I have faith in this team to get the W.

The Houston defense has not been good in recent weeks.