Tegray Scales

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I think Tree's elbow killed his first season as a 3/4 lb....and I still don't know why they just didn't throw Hager or Littleton in the games for him....it would have prepared them for the playoffs had they/one of them played a lot more....could have possibly changed the outcome...oh well
I see Hager/Littleton as the first guys to get cut if ANY rookie(s) perform admirably...
I like Carlos Thompson still too...but he'll probably move to OLB exclusively....
ahhh Mac....
Burfict grew up around my neighbor....then was moved to Riverside to stay outta trouble....played at ASU and was a demon.....very good college player....I believe he didn't train for the combine in hopes of being drafted by a better team....He found a great fit in Cinnci....

I'd guess he's really a 4.7 guy....with proper training....and

I'll agree, great instincts can partially make up for a lack of speed....great speed without instincts can have you going in the wrong way....faster....LOL

Again.....yall are rough on Tree...Think we play the Giants...I expect him to be all over the field...if healthy...he is a serious player...one of our best over the last 3 seasons.
I loved me some Ogletree but he wasn’t very disciplined or consistent. A great series followed by several missed tackles or playing out of position. I think he would thrive as an OLB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Again.....yall are rough on Tree...Think we play the Giants...I expect him to be all over the field...if healthy...he is a serious player...one of our best over the last 3 seasons.
I'm not trying to be tough on Tree. I actually liked him quite a bit. Maybe it was the elbow but my boss seems to think he simply went back to his traits of taking bad angles that Wade tries to coach out of people. He has always had an issue with missed tackles even though he gets to the ball carrier very quickly. He tends to get juked or be on the wrong shoulder for the tackle. Maybe he'll work out better in the Giants system. I don't wish him any ill will but don't care how well he plays except the one game either. He is no longer a Ram so - meh.

Ram65

Legend
I see Hager/Littleton as the first guys to get cut if ANY rookie(s) perform admirably...

That's interesting. Littleton gets lots of appreciation around here. He did have the two blocked punts IIRC. So special teams comes into play. It's going to be very competitive. Don't forget about Wilson.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, I'm becoming a big fan of Littleton and I think between Longacre, Littleton and Ebukam, they...especially Wade...felt pretty good about just adding guys in the draft.

He definitely wants a beast of a DL and a true shutdown secondary.

As we saw in Denver, NONE of their LBs on that historically good D was drafted prior to the 5th round, iirc. Which means the guys at LB for us simply have to be consistent about their assignments.

I'm SOO excited to watch this team!!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The competition at LB and edge is going to be intense at TC. Last year I focused on the OL. This TC is the LB's.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Tree's elbow killed his first season as a 3/4 lb....and I still don't know why they just didn't throw Hager or Littleton in the games for him....it would have prepared them for the playoffs had they/one of them played a lot more....could have possibly changed the outcome...oh well
I like Carlos Thompson still too...but he'll probably move to OLB exclusively....
ahhh Mac....
Burfict grew up around my neighbor....then was moved to Riverside to stay outta trouble....played at ASU and was a demon.....very good college player....I believe he didn't train for the combine in hopes of being drafted by a better team....He found a great fit in Cinnci....

I'd guess he's really a 4.7 guy....with proper training....and

I'll agree, great instincts can partially make up for a lack of speed....great speed without instincts can have you going in the wrong way....faster....LOL

I doubt Littleton gets cut. He is a special teams stud.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Littleton gets lots of appreciation around here. He did have the two blocked punts IIRC. So special teams comes into play.

I doubt Littleton gets cut. He is a special teams stud.
Special teams is SOOOOO overrated around here too.....Any good college player can play ST....well....Blocked kicks are partly design....partly hustle...no special skill...just "want to".
If he was so highly regarded...I'd doubt we'd have grabbed so many potential replacements for his position...on the D...and on ST's.
Don't forget about Wilson.
I haven't....I have him penciled in to start....and if a rookie like Kiser...Scales...or a holdover plays well, they're cutting Littleton/Hagar....and use the new draftees as backups.

Ram65

Legend
Special teams is SOOOOO overrated around here too.....Any good college player can play ST....well....Blocked kicks are partly design....partly hustle...no special skill...just "want to".
If he was so highly regarded...I'd doubt we'd have grabbed so many potential replacements for his position...on the D...and on ST's.
I haven't....I have him penciled in to start....and if a rookie like Kiser...Scales...or a holdover plays well, they're cutting Littleton/Hagar....and use the new draftees as backups.

All things being equal, a player that has made plays on special teams gets the edge. Some guys have a knack for making plays on special teams. However, I do agree with you that Littleton/Hager could be cut. I haven't seen anything from Littleton or Hager that screams they will make the roster. Wilson could be that steady player that gets the start.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I couldn’t disagree more. Blocking kicks isn’t design and ‘want to’. Otherwise every team would have multiple kick and punt blockers.

Do you think these players don’t want to be playing in the NFL. Teams hang onto ST standouts all the time. There have been several high profile guys over the years. Larry Izzo and Steve Tasker come to mind. The Rams hung onto that RB for many years because of his ST play. ( sorry but I can’t think of his name right now).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I couldn’t disagree more. Blocking kicks isn’t design and ‘want to’. Otherwise every team would have multiple kick and punt blockers.

Do you think these players don’t want to be playing in the NFL. Teams hang onto ST standouts all the time. There have been several high profile guys over the years. Larry Izzo and Steve Tasker come to mind. The Rams hung onto that RB for many years because of his ST play. ( sorry but I can’t think of his name right now).
Reynolds?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm driving the Littleton bus. He is just one of those guys that has a knack for making big plays, wherever they play him. I'm sure he'll be stronger, and has been training hard. I'm sure he's studying to be a starting LB. IMO, he just has "it". Guys that make big plays, or find themselves around the ball a lot, tend to keep making those plays, and finding the ball.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams hung onto that RB for many years because of his ST play. ( sorry but I can’t think of his name right now).
Chase....and you can't think of his name, cause ST's aren't that important...

Those blocks were by design...and hustle.
I'm sure he'll be stronger, and has been training hard.
I'd have hoped he'd come in LAST year bigger and stronger...nope...Same guy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm driving the Littleton bus. He is just one of those guys that has a knack for making big plays, wherever they play him. I'm sure he'll be stronger, and has been training hard. I'm sure he's studying to be a starting LB. IMO, he just has "it". Guys that make big plays, or find themselves around the ball a lot, tend to keep making those plays, and finding the ball.
I like Cory a ton too....currently he has some serious value to this Ram defense in many areas. Its always good to have an over 6-3 225 lbs tall lanky athletic with super long arms & big hands playing in your defense.

* CL Cap cost is @$$540 K one serious bargain in any NFL GM's book.
* CL has in 2 seasons demonstrated on the field he is highly versatile & can do many things.
* CL will be a RFA next March which = a great cap bargain again for the 2019 season.
* CL in college 3 of his 4 yrs was a stand-up edge rusher @ DE with his senior season as a SS-OLB'er.
* CL rookie season found him starting twice in the 43 D @ OLB'er & was the main OLB'er reserve.
* CL is a very good fit in the Wade D @ weak side interior post where the talented Mark Barron starts.

CL does have a few holes in his game up till now...its a known fact that CL's ability to hold up @ the point of attack against the run game has always been a big concern & allegedly the reason he went un-drafted.. Any of us who paid close attention to Cory on the field playing for Barron witnessed a liability when teams ran downhill at him.

Of the four starting LB'ing post I can say for certain one post is a lock...Mark Barron will start. If I am right that leaves 3 other posts to pencil Cory in at. What starting position will you drive & park that Cory Littleton bus this season? :thinking:

Rams did bring in 4 new inside LB'ers this off season ...Veteran former KC starter Ramik Wilson, Drafted Micah Kiser & Trevin Howard & signed highly rated but UDFA Tegray Scales to go with Bryce Hager who is entering his 4th season as a Ram.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
CL does have a few holes in his game up till now...its a known fact that CL's ability to hold up @ the point of attack against the run game has always been a big concern & allegedly the reason he went un-drafted.. Any of us who paid close attention to Cory on the field playing for Barron witnessed a liability when teams ran downhill at him.

Of the four starting LB'ing post I can say for certain one post is a lock...Mark Barron will start. If I am right that leaves 3 other posts to pencil Cory in at. What starting position will you drive & park that Cory Littleton bus this season? :thinking:

Rams did bring in 4 new inside LB'ers this off season ...Veteran former KC starter Ramik Wilson, Drafted Micah Kiser & Trevin Howard & signed highly rated but UDFA Tegray Scales to go with Bryce Hager who is entering his 4th season as a Ram.
If I'm reading you correctly, you think Cory and Hagar will probably be cut too?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If I'm reading you correctly, you think Cory and Hagar will probably be cut too?
Lets see if I can paint this picture better for us....I hold a position that the current salary cap situation (lack of funds) carries some big weight :lifting: in LA now. I also think it will have that position far into the unforeseen future too...thus I can see where Cory has very good value due to this the 2018/2019 seasons.

One example is the $10 million cap hit for Mark Barron's services vs the ultra low cost of a Cory Littleton:whistle:. Just how much difference is there between the on field performance of the 29 yr old MB & 24 yr old CL? @ that weak side move post? :thinking:Or CL game day value where CL can play multiple LB'ing posts if an injury were to occur;). Ramik Wilson also played the Barron's post in the KC defense as the starter for the 2016/2017 seasons. Note: Wilson is not a true MLB'er :sadwalk:but his skills & talents do appear to be much more like a 43 SS or WS OSLB'er. So Cory has some stiff competition from Ramik Wilson who has 17 starts & 29 NFL gms of experience. So Wade has this Barron move inside post well covered. If for some reason a team were to offer up a trade for Barron with some draft assets.....well I would not count it out as most do.

IMO the Rams main weakness in our defense currently is @ a Ogletree LB mike post. I have never seen Cory play this post nor has have I seen where in his past he has had any experience in this post CHAMP. This is where I believe the rookies (Kiser & Scales) have a great chance to be the only rookie starting position in this Wade D. I would not devalue Bryce Hager who has 48 straight regular season Ram games where he has had to be the back up to the mike LB'ing post grant you only 1 start. Hager is also the only Rams LB'er who has called Wade defense too. Hager's cap cost is $723K again not much. Hager is sure to make it a outstanding fight :boxing:of it. His brain :sneaky:works very well

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ok @BonifayRam

I stand alone....

I'll still state, if Kiser, Scales, or Howard show something in TC.....Hagar, Littleton or both are gone....way before Mark Barron. Barron is a stud....he just "seems" a lil light to stay healthy on the inside.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Check out the Ohio State 2016 game. Scales is literally everywhere the ball goes, and he makes at least ten tackles.

He wasn’t as good in 2017 . How much better will he get ? I’m not doubt him right now. There are always surprises.

Pro scouts get it wrong half the time anyway. He still went undrafted & there is a reason. He is a quality young person & has his head straight.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ok @BonifayRam

I stand alone....

I'll still state, if Kiser, Scales, or Howard show something in TC.....Hagar, Littleton or both are gone....way before Mark Barron. Barron is a stud....he just "seems" a lil light to stay healthy on the inside.

I agree Champ about Barron. If healthy he brings a dimension Wade really likes. Littleton & Hager are both solid special teams players.

Bones will get his say on who he wants. That will carry weight , but not at the expense of Mark Barron.