Tavon Austin in Dallas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wish him well honestly. But I never like to see a player kill it after he leaves our team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish him well honestly. But I never like to see a player kill it after he leaves our team.

I root for guys who gave a lot to this team. For example, I rooted for Kurt Warner, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Chris Long, etc.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Jeff fisher drafting philosophy - explosive, raw,athletic, low IQ football players.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
TA spent way too much time posing for pics on Instagram instead of working on his football skills.

giphy.gif

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Funniest two sentences I've read all day.

"The Rams never fully committed to Austin as a weapon. Head coach Jason Garrett and the Cowboys can be more imaginative."

It's true.
Jason Garrett's imagination is powerful. He currently imagines he's a real head coach that's fully in charge of his team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"The Rams never fully committed to Austin as a weapon. Head coach Jason Garrett and the Cowboys can be more imaginative."

It's true.
Jason Garrett's imagination is powerful. He currently imagines he's a real head coach that's fully in charge of his team.
He also imagined two zeros after the 1 in TA’s yards from the line of scrimmage.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I bet you'll never see McVay draft simpleminded goofballs like GRob or Austin with any pick, much less a number one.

Just an FYI..........

McVay doesn't draft players.

The guys who drafts players is the same guy who traded up to drafted Austin. Snead.

Sorry to break that to ya.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just an FYI..........

The guys who drafts players is the same guy who traded up to drafted Austin. Snead.

but snead got fisher the type of guys he wanted. now he gets the type of guys mcvay wants. it's no coincidence the rams draft smart players now instead of athletes. i'm still convinced fisher had no say in drafting goff.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just an FYI..........

I’m guessing he has a LOT to do with it though. Snead doesn’t draft players McVay hasn’t given the go ahead on. I think that’s a given.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s what we need when you run Gurley playaction is lethal

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Not the best start for Tavon in Dallas, I truly wish him well, no hard feelings, as long as you don't have a blowout against the Rams, you'll be fine...

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Just an FYI..........

Best analogy I've heard is that the head coach is the chef and the GM's job is to get him the "ingredients" he needs to make appealing dishes.

You can't have a GM drafting ingredients for Italian foods and then expect a chef who specializes in Oriental dishes to make award winning fare out of them.

If the relationship between Fisher and Snead was as you desribe, which I seriously doubt, then it is another reason why the Rams never reached a .500 record under Fisher and consistently fielding a bottom of the barrel offense.

In any event, I have a feeling Snead learned his lesson about drafting athletically gifted simple minded goofballs with that first pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FFS bro. I don't know how many times we have went over this on this site!!! Fisher had last say and personal control, Snead and Demoff did what was instructed to them. That's how the contracts and organization was set up at the time.
Stop trying to throw Demoff under the bus!
giphy.gif

I’ll give you that , because McVay was a big part of why Brandon Cooks is a Ram & signed long term !!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
but snead got fisher the type of guys he wanted. now he gets the type of guys mcvay wants. it's no coincidence the rams draft smart players now instead of athletes. i'm still convinced fisher had no say in drafting goff.

Remember Fisher had final say on personnel, McVay doesn't and that's a BIG difference.

I’m guessing he has a LOT to do with it though. Snead doesn’t draft players McVay hasn’t given the go ahead on. I think that’s a given.

We know it's collaborative they have talked about it, but Snead is the one making the final call now.

Best analogy I've heard is that the head coach is the chef and the GM's job is to get him the "ingredients" he needs to make appealing dishes.

You can't have a GM drafting ingredients for Italian foods and then expect a chef who specializes in Oriental dishes to make award winning fare out of them.

If the relationship between Fisher and Snead was as you desribe, which I seriously doubt, then it is another reason why the Rams never reached a .500 record under Fisher and consistently fielding a bottom of the barrel offense.

In any event, I have a feeling Snead learned his lesson about drafting athletically gifted simple minded goofballs with that first pick.

It was Parcells who said essentially "if you want me to cook the meal then I get to buy the groceries".

If you doubt that Fisher had final say I don't know what to tell you. It is common knowledge that he did, so I don't know how you don't know that.

It was in his contract, it has been widely discussed.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
If you doubt that Fisher had final say I don't know what to tell you. It is common knowledge that he did, so I don't know how you don't know that.

It was in his contract, it has been widely discussed.

--LesBaker

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Looks like TA has started that break out year in Dallas. Some might accuse him of padding his stats but the kid might just be that kind of player in the NFL.
:whistle:

Yeah, but give Jerrah credit...That one carry for 1 yard damn near turned that game around...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Just an FYI..........

I doubt Tavon was all on Sneed .
I’m not saying he had nothing to do with it but I doubt it was all him. Fisher Implied he had full control personnel wise or at least final say.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I doubt Tavon was all on Sneed .
I’m not saying he had nothing to do with it but I doubt it was all him. Fisher Implied he had full control personnel wise or at least final say.

Fisher did, but I'm sure if Snead had said "we don't want that guy he isn't going to work out" or something like that then Fisher wouldn't have told Snead to go get Austin.

They traded up for him, so there was no doubt they both wanted that guy.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Tavon needs to watch Tyreek Hill and learn from him if he wants to continue his NFL career. Hill is what Tavon should have been with the Rams.