Tavon Austin in Dallas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Snead did do the deal to trade up and get Austin. They both liked him and thought he would be a great addition. So Snead WANTED what you call a "simpleminded goofball". He was on board with doing it, he's not perfect and wanted the guy enough to trade up for him to make sure they got him.

Snead did not have job security when Fisher was let go, and Demoff even alluded to that. They decided to keep him, but it was not a sure thing after the season ended.

McVay may talk with Snead about what he wants, and that happens in every organization, and what position they need to bolster. But McVay isn't watching tape and Snead is. McVay isn't doing the work to find players, Snead does that.

Sure Les.

McVay wanted not one, but two, underperforming and disappointing former #1 drafts picks gone.....and off they went

Snead managed to fetch some table scraps and pocket change for the two coach killing blunders.

Those transactions indicate to me who is now in charge of personnel decisions and who is the errand boy.

Three cheers for Coach McVay!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tavon showed plenty of flashes early on in his career where you could see the potential he could bring. He was a true weapon in an offense that had no artillery. Shame he didn't progress, but not sure how he could have. I imagine if he would have been brought as a wide eyed rookie in to a current Rams structure, or even the Cowboys, his career might have gone a different way.

I disagree. He hit his ceiling quickly. He has physical and mental limitations...and now it seems he lacked desire.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sure Les.

McVay wanted not one, but two, underperforming and disappointing former #1 drafts picks gone.....and off they went

Snead managed to fetch some table scraps and pocket change for the two coach killing blunders.

Those transactions indicate to me who is now in charge of personnel decisions and who is the errand boy.

You're not making sense, so I'm out.

I disagree. He hit his ceiling quickly. He has physical and mental limitations...and now it seems he lacked desire.

I think it's more the mental thing and the desire.

Austin is incredibly gifted when it come to athletic ability. But it still takes work and some understanding of what the hell is going on.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
TA in week one with 0 catches, and 1 rush for one yard.

Wonder when Boys fans will realize their new “weapon” is a dud

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
but snead got fisher the type of guys he wanted. now he gets the type of guys mcvay wants. it's no coincidence the rams draft smart players now instead of athletes. i'm still convinced fisher had no say in drafting goff.

This story is old.

Fisher saw Goff as a sophomore, iirc, when watching a Cal game with his son who went to Cal at the time. He recalled telling his staff about this kid and was wowed by him. This was way before Goff had even tasted a winning record.

Once word of that got out, I was on record saying that the Rams were taking Goff instead of Wentz. The only reason they went to try out Wentz was to do the due diligence, but Fisher's mind was made up. It was only the amazing workout Wentz had that made them rethink the decision.

I still maintain that for Fisher, he made the wrong choice. Wentz was the better fit for that sadistically bad offense. That said, I'm super glad he did because as I said at the time, Goff was the better QB for someone like Asshole Face who ran a creative WCO. We have even better in McVay so Goff was the perfect choice in the long run (especially because it's possible that Wentz might have done just enough to save Fisher's job, which I think we all agree would have been awful. Worse, McVay might now be in SF!!! The Horrah...)

But yeah, Goff was Fisher's choice all along and Wentz was at most an afterthought.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This story is old.

Fisher saw Goff as a sophomore, iirc, when watching a Cal game with his son who went to Cal at the time. He recalled telling his staff about this kid and was wowed by him. This was way before Goff had even tasted a winning record.

Once word of that got out, I was on record saying that the Rams were taking Goff instead of Wentz. The only reason they went to try out Wentz was to do the due diligence, but Fisher's mind was made up. It was only the amazing workout Wentz had that made them rethink the decision.

i heard that story many times and that's what i think it is, a story. nothing about his actions showed he wanted goff on the team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You're not making sense, so I'm out.

I think it's more the mental thing and the desire.

Austin is incredibly gifted when it come to athletic ability. But it still takes work and some understanding of what the hell is going on.

I was referring to how easily he goes down and gets knocked off routes. He is too small, too light, to be a force in the NFL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sure Les.

Is there a reason you decided to insult Snead by calling him "errand boy"?

sjm1582002

"You're not making sense, so I'm out."
--LesBaker

I have a policy that if someone in a thread tells me they are "out", I will not bother answering any subsequent questions from them.

Does that make any sense to you?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Because it is a violation of forum rules to insult current Ram employees, is why I ask.

sjm1582002

Because it is a violation of forum rules to insult current Ram employees, is why I ask.

Compared to how I've seen Fisher, and before him Spags, treated on this very forum I'd consider "errrand boy" to be rather innocuous.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"You're not making sense, so I'm out."
--LesBaker

I have a policy that if someone in a thread tells me they are "out", I will not bother answering any subsequent questions from them.

Does that make any sense to you?

I don't give a rats ass about your policies..........I do know that one of the board policies is not to belittle or berate members of the Rams.

It says a lot about you that you would say that about Snead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Alright. Everyone knock this shit off. It’s not bad enough that the thread is about someone who is not even on our team anymore. You guys have to use it as a bitch thread.

As to the “errand boy” reference, I took it as more of a tongue in cheek reference rather than denegrating Snead. That’s just my take and I could be wrong. That being said, it is definitely against the rules of this board to use derogatory terms toward current members of the organization. I would suggest that whether tongue in cheek or not, this should be avoided as we do also look at patterns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I fault Snead for the Austin pick for sure.
Conversely the picks of Donald, Gurley and Goff have proven that he learned from his mistakes...

Ram65

Legend
Snead got the Rams scouting department to a top NFL level. The rest is history that is always going to have questions on who wanted who. I enjoyed watching Tavon early on as he was exciting and did produce some big plays. Lost returns do to penalties. Not worth the pick spot but, that's history as was the over priced extension.

Right now Snead and McVay are making solid picks and free agent signings. That's all that matters moving forward.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
i heard that story many times and that's what i think it is, a story. nothing about his actions showed he wanted goff on the team.

It's true and was retold by that reporter friend of his AT THE TIME.

The problem was that Fisher had no idea what to do with Goff and his old-timey ways including having a coach ask him if he even wanted to be in the NFL on Hard Knocks just showed he didn't understand Goff AT ALL nor understand how to motivate/coach up a QB.

It'd be like someone actually getting a vintage Ferrari while not knowing how to drive a stick... Seems dumb, but there it is.