Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Dodgers need to bench Muncy for a few weeks. I don't think he has healed up properly.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Joc Pederson on the Giants? Just wrong.
It reminds me of Brett Butler playing for the Dodgers. Although, he went straight from SF to LA. I'll always think of him as an ex-Giant even though he only spent three years there compared to parts of seven seasons in LA. If the Giants are smart, they'll keep Joc around just as long.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Gotta love it
And LaRussa doubling down with ‘Do you know Turner’s BA with two strikes? You know Muncy’s?’

Uh Tony. Muncy didn’t have two strikes when you walked Turner. Smh.

Thanks for the win, Tony.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Are the Dodgers the second coming of the team of the 90's? The Braves (1991-2005) won 14 division titles in 15 years but only 1 World Series. The Dodgers can win their 11th division title the last 15 years but have only 1 World Series title. Nothing to be ashamed of to be sure but you'd think they'd have more. Just like one would think a team called the team of the decade would have had more than one. Of course there's something to be said for always being in the hunt. Fans love that.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Are the Dodgers the second coming of the team of the 90's? The Braves (1991-2005) won 14 division titles in 15 years but only 1 World Series. The Dodgers can win their 11th division title the last 15 years but have only 1 World Series title. Nothing to be ashamed of to be sure but you'd think they'd have more. Just like one would think a team called the team of the decade would have had more than one. Of course there's something to be said for always being in the hunt. Fans love that.
Yup. I also have concerns we’ll end up like the 90s Braves.

Yeah, we have the best record in the NL with Mookie and Treinen out, May still a month to go, Trace Thompson outhitting Muncy, Bellinger, and JT. Ref season monsters, but when the playoffs come, all these little flaws somehow get magnified.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
That said, the numbers that Gonsolin are putting up this year are nothing less than at Cy Young level.

Wild. Glad the Dodgers have stuck with him, and Mitch White has really improved this year as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to admit, the Dodger are a juggernaut. Sort of like the SJAX of MLB. Simply the best! ~ @Memento [/coor]

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Astros did cheat them out of the World Series Championship in 2017. So there's that. They also cheated them out of a Yankees/Dodgers World Series matchup. That coulda been the most watched series in years.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The Astros did cheat them out of the World Series Championship in 2017. So there's that. They also cheated them out of a Yankees/Dodgers World Series matchup. That coulda been the most watched series in years.
Absolutely. I'd say, if they win this year, add the Astros cheating scandel and you're looking at 3 in a dozen years. Much better than the Braves.

As far as Yankees/Dodgers World Series (or as you would phrase it Dodgers/Yankees) I would love to see that.

It gives my Yankees a chance to be relevant again and gives the Dodgers a chance to draw closer to an even head-to-head history.:biggrin: And end their imitation of the 90's Braves.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers are having the injury bug with different guys going on the IL at different times. At least its not a bunch of key guys at the same time. Chris Taylor the latest with a fractured foot. At least this gives them an opportunity for a longer look at Trayce Thompson. I think he's got potential. I'd be curious to see how he does if he becomes an every day player for a bit.

Tano

Legend
Dodgers are having the injury bug with different guys going on the IL at different times. At least its not a bunch of key guys at the same time. Chris Taylor the latest with a fractured foot. At least this gives them an opportunity for a longer look at Trayce Thompson. I think he's got potential. I'd be curious to see how he does if he becomes an every day player for a bit.
It's mostly killing their pitching staff. Buehler and Treinen are brutal.

But they keep on plugging away with other no name pitchers that no fan of other teams has heard of

Mitch White
Tyson Anderson
Even Gonsolin was pretty much a no name before this year
Ryan Pepiot

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Gotta admit, they sure have been getting a lot out of lesser known pitchers this year. I'm concerned about the late inning bullpen situation though. Seems like they haven't settled in on a regular closer yet. Graterol has the tools with that 100mph fastball. But he needs to learn to be more of a pitcher than a thrower. To me, a good closer doesn't walk people. Especially when protecting a one run lead. I thought Treinen could be that guy. But not so far.

On another note. the Giants sure have hit the skids lately. 11.5 games behind the Dodgers. Their fans were excited about their chances after winning 107 games last year. Now its all falling apart. Really warms my heart. :devil:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The Dodgers have a comfortable lead heading into the break. That 7 games could be more in a week. The NL wild card field only has 6 teams with realistic chances. Atlanta and Philly are both red hot. San Diego and St. Louis should be in the thick of it too. SF? Miami? I'm not buying their chances.

Over in the AL, there a 7 teams separated by 5 games. Boston, Tampa and Toronto have all been lauded as the most probably but Toronto and Tampa have been on the skids for weeks now. Seattle and Baltimore have been red hot. I think Cleveland and Chicago's best chance for the postseason is outpace the Twins.

Should be an entertaining 2nd half in all respects. But first....who is going to make some trades to improve?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'd like to see the Dodgers pick up a reliable closer. Kimbrel hasn't been that guy. Treinen hasn't played in almost 3 months. He might be back soon. But he's always been his best as the 8th inning setup guy. If they can't find a reliable closer they might have to go with Treinen when he's fully healthy. Right now its a bullpen by committee.

I don't know if Dustin May will be back this year. They might just wait till next year. But that fastball could make him a candidate. The best closers don't walk guys. So whoever it is needs to throw strikes. Nothing more frustrating than walking the leadoff hitter in a one run game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Comeback kids. I turned on the game with the Doyers down 5-0 only to watch them go down 6-0. Then they score the next 7 to win.

They're making a habit of this come from behind stuff.