Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I cannot watch soccer. It puts me to sleep in 10 minutes.

I was at a pool in Las Vegas where there was a big screen next to the pool and they showed soccer games every day

I tried watching but I just could not get interested in it.

Even if I know the rules, it is like watching chess to me.

And yeah - I haven't watched basketball since Kobe retired and even then I only watched the NBA finals for the most part.
That happens with people who never played soccer, they don't know what to watch or how to watch it. I've noticed the same thing with people and hockey which I'm not a huge fan of but I'll watch from time to time. Soccer is a great game, if you know what you're watching.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Football and hockey have always been above baseball for me. I'd still pay a lot of attention, even if there was another strike, though; I love the Cardinals too much to quit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That happens with people who never played soccer, they don't know what to watch or how to watch it. I've noticed the same thing with people and hockey which I'm not a huge fan of but I'll watch from time to time. Soccer is a great game, if you know what you're watching.
I played and still can't watch it. Too many Floppy Divacs on the field and not enough scoring.

Hockey is a kick ass sport to watch in person but meh on TV.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I played and still can't watch it. Too many Floppy Divacs on the field and not enough scoring.

Hockey is a kick ass sport to watch in person but meh on TV.
The thing I like about soccer and the flopping is you can get in trouble for doing it unlike basketball. I get it totally it's not for everybody and I'm talking played it beyond AYSO as a kid. Myself I'm up at 4am to watch the premiere league on weekend, that's my level of fandom.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing I like about soccer and the flopping is you can get in trouble for doing it unlike basketball. I get it totally it's not for everybody and I'm talking played it beyond AYSO as a kid. Myself I'm up at 4am to watch the premiere league on weekend, that's my level of fandom.
D98E61A6-FF42-4452-85E2-D41B2347670A.jpeg
2C06209E-9D90-465A-B52E-CC4FE03AC79F.jpeg

Reading the letters AYSO brought it all back for me Olders. Here’s my shirt for when I played for the Sharpshooters, crack outfit in LA. I’d like to say I was the star of the show as the foreign import but I’m not so sure that was true.

Tano

Legend

Well I only played Football Basketball and Baseball as a kid and I still really liked those sports at one time. I was never that good so I didn't play into my later years that much except for football on get togethers and basketball and softball with my co-workers.

I played soccer as a kid and still find it extremely boring.

Soccer is like a chess match. You need to plan ahead. I know chess and I still think chess is boring as heck to watch.

I never did play hockey as a kid but I do like watching the games in person. TV - no unless the Kings are in the final round.

The only thing I like about Soccer is when the Spanish Announcer goes

Goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Huh. I've never seen a card issued for a flop. I just see an "injured" guy writhing on the ground that one minute appears to have a season ending ACL or broken leg and the next minute is running like nothing happened.

I played it until my freshman year of HS. It's just nothing I wanted to watch and IMO, all the flopping has just made it worse. To each his own though.

Now about those Dodgers...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jorge Soler is another name I keep seeing us linked to. It's always interesting because the Dodgers are supposedly linked to every free agent by their agents to drive up compensation a bit.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I cannot watch soccer. It puts me to sleep in 10 minutes.

I was at a pool in Las Vegas where there was a big screen next to the pool and they showed soccer games every day

I tried watching but I just could not get interested in it.

Even if I know the rules, it is like watching chess to me.

And yeah - I haven't watched basketball since Kobe retired and even then I only watched the NBA finals for the most part.
Soccer reminds me of marriage. A whole lot of work with not much scoring.

Tano

Legend
I think Bellinger needs to go to a therapist or something because his head is so screwed up right now

He is changing his stance and his swing every day now it seems like.

I know it is only spring training but right now he is striking out almost 70% of the time.

In fact, he has struck out 7 times in a row now and 9 out of his last 10 at bats.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Bellinger needs to go to a therapist or something because his head is so screwed up right now

He is changing his stance and his swing every day now it seems like.

I know it is only spring training but right now he is striking out almost 70% of the time.

In fact, he has struck out 7 times in a row now and 9 out of his last 10 at bats.
It doesn't look good but I'll wait until the regular season. I've seen guys do this, though again with him it's a pattern. I once watched Zach Greinke in a spring game throw 55 curve balls in a row and get lit up because his goal for the day was to go out there and work on that 1 pitch and only that one pitch. Spring is for exactly this to work out the kinks. If it happens and continues in the regular season with Cody I'll worry then.