Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Yeah... I don't know much about the situation but it seems this was more about kink than abuse. I'm in no way good with abuse but consenting adults and all....

Bottom line though is that his teammates need to be good with it all or it won't work.
Baseball just stated that he is going to be on admin leave for another 8 days.

I would think that this win in court shows he really didn't do anything wrong other than have strange tastes.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Impressive 4 game sweep of the reeling Mets because of some masterful use of every piece of the pitching chess board those last couple games.

Alittle reasuring but the concerns with Kenley are on point.

Treinen closed it out last night. I would have no problem making him the closer. He's been very good lately.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Treinen closed it out last night. I would have no problem making him the closer. He's been very good lately.
I think we see a rotation of him and Kenley since the latters problems in back to back games.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Crazy game. Tatis big HR extended it in the 15th. Pollock HR seals it in the 16th. Its gotta suck to play that long and come out on the losing end. Padres were a legit contender but they've been struggling lately. Reds overtook them for that second wild card spot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to admit I fell asleep and woke up with a sore back in the recliner to mlb.tv highlights in the middle of the night.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So does MLB need to change the rules a bit when it comes to reseating? Whoever wins the NL West will probably have to play the 2nd best team in the NL in the first round because whoever loses should win the wild card game. There should be some kinda rule that teams from the same division can't play each other in the division round. Or add a team and be like the NFL with 4 divisions.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All I know is, if I'm a legit world series contender I wouldn't want a one game playoff. Even if you're clearly better than the other team. Even the worst team can beat the best team one out of 3 games most times. You never know what could happen. An average pitcher could have his best day. A hitter could get hot. Bloopers could bring in winning runs. That is why they have a series to determine the better team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Jeez, how long is Roberts gonna give Bellinger to find his swing? Runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out. The announcers thought walking Bellinger with Buehler on deck and first base open was obvious.

But obviously they haven't been watching Bellinger. I was crossing my fingers they would walk him and strike out Buehler giving Trea Turner a chance with two outs. Because Bellinger is pretty much an automatic out these days.

Giants manager has been paying attention. They pitched to him and he struck out. No surprise. Buehler strikes out and ends the threat.

If Bellinger doesn't find his swing by October, Roberts has to bench him. He's had a couple months to find it since he returned from his injury. Still hasn't found it. He's currently a liability at the plate. To the point where the pitcher might be the better option at the plate.

Tano

Legend
Jeez, how long is Roberts gonna give Bellinger to find his swing? Runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out. The announcers thought walking Bellinger with Buehler on deck and first base open was obvious.

But obviously they haven't been watching Bellinger. I was crossing my fingers they would walk him and strike out Buehler giving Trea Turner a chance with two outs. Because Bellinger is pretty much an automatic out these days.

Giants manager has been paying attention. They pitched to him and he struck out. No surprise. Buehler strikes out and ends the threat.

If Bellinger doesn't find his swing by October, Roberts has to bench him. He's had a couple months to find it since he returned from his injury. Still hasn't found it. He's currently a liability at the plate. To the point where the pitcher might be the better option at the plate.
If he was hitting the ball hard, I would say leave him in. But every time I look at this stats, he is striking out once or twice a game. He isn't even walking which was a strength of his as well.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If he was hitting the ball hard, I would say leave him in. But every time I look at this stats, he is striking out once or twice a game. He isn't even walking which was a strength of his as well.
If he continues the downward trend in October it would be a mistake to keep him in the lineup. He's totally lost at the plate now. Can't even reach the infamous Mendoza line. That would be a liability in games where he's 8th and the pitcher is 9th. Pretty much consecutive automatic outs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, The Machine hit a home run against my team. Gotta say, it's one of the few homers from another team that I'm happy about.

…..

Legend
Re: Belly. In my mind, I benched him last month.

But then I open the box score, and there he is- going 0-4 again.

I mean, I love a leftys sweeping swing too. But every now and then its fair to expect a violent collision between bat and ball.

Tano

Legend
So the Dodgers can win 108 games and still lose the Division

Who would have thunk

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So Bellinger is starting and batting 8th tonight. What they do with the pitcher on deck will tell you how much they respect, or don't respect his bat. I remember the Giants faced him with runners on 2nd and 3rd one out. The pitcher on deck. They did not walk him like you would expect. He struck out. Then the pitcher made the last out. End of threat. What does that tell you when they had no fear pitching to him?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Turner asked him if he caught that one while rounding the bases :D