Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Kershaw and Scherzer aren't the 2 best in the game during their time in MLB? I mean there are some other good ones the only one though that's close IMO is Verlander.
In 2021? Sure.
"The 2 best during their time in MLB" or "the 2 best of their generation"? No.

It's so hard to say "the 2 best" of anything. Well it's actually easy to say . Impossible to prove. But I'd expect Dodger fans to feel that way. I would if I were one of them. But that's just over exuberance....IMHO.

Just a few pitchers who played "during their time in MLB".
Verlander (#30, 72.3)
Greinke (#31, 69.1)
Both ahead of Kershaw (#32, 68.9) AND Scherzer (#50, 62.6) in career WAR.
Sabathia (just 3 spots behind Scherzer in career WAR, #53, 62.1)

But it's not just stats. Who would be my least favorite pitcher to face? In 2021? Probably Jacob deGrom or Gerritt Cole. Scherzer and Kershaw are right up there..........provided it's regular season. :biggrin: So just to be clear......the Dodgers have 2 of the best pitchers of their time. I can agree with that.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This year? Sure! Last year? Probably? Over their career? Not even close. This is the age of sabermetrics of war and such right? Career Kershaw is at 68.9 WAR and deGrom? Who people don't realize is only a couple months younger than Clayton? Yeah Jacob is at a 40.9. I'm not sure why people get offended but there really is only two people who can compete on this list of best of their era with Kershaw and Scherzer and that's Zach Greinke and Justin Verlander. The last time I can remember a power duo of starting pitchers like this was Schilling and Johnson and Schilling as good as he was is a distant second to Johnson. This would be like having 2 of Clemens, Maddux, Pedro and Johnson on the same team.

That's fair. I'm just saying that deGrom is an amazing pitcher. Honestly, Scherzer wasn't as good as he was until the 2010s.

As for the bolded, Greinke and Verlander did play on the Astros during their run (cheating, but still, they're damn good pitchers), so technically, the Astros had it after Schilling and Johnson.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's fair. I'm just saying that deGrom is an amazing pitcher. Honestly, Scherzer wasn't as good as he was until the 2010s.
And he isn't as good now as he was when he was dominant. Neither is Kershaw. But they both know how to pitch and with diminishing skills, they're going to need to pitch.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Koufax and Drysdale

train
As good as Drysdale was you'd put a few pitchers ahead of him at the top like Gibson. I can come up with several instances where a top 3 or 4 pitcher in the game had somebody in that 5-10 range with him but never before 2 guys in the top 3 or 4 on the same team. Also you can go with the Braves with Maddux in the top few if not the top and having Glavine and Smoltz in that 5-10 range is all the more impressive.

…..

Legend
Boy this Trevor Bauer guy sure came with baggage.:wow2:

If this gets any nastier, We gotta consider our options.

Tano

Legend
Boy this Trevor Bauer guy sure came with baggage.:wow2:

If this gets any nastier, We gotta consider our options.
I just don't know what to say about this one.

He has text messages from the lady saying he needs to hit her harder.

Well he did - maybe he went too far and didn't stop when the lady said stop.

But in these situations, usually the couple have a safe word. Did they have one?

Now the lady doesn't want to create a criminal lawsuit just wants Bauer to stay away from her and asked for an injunction against him but she lives in San Diego and she asked to come see him.

I just don't know.

I have a feeling she was setting it up so she could sue him for money.

But he definitely has some strange appetites. But I have firmly been of the belief, whatever happens behind closed doors is their own business. I just don't want to know.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I’ve learned from this is there are three people at least in this that have issues they need help with.

…..

Legend
Yea so the 2nd lady….the one from 2020 with similar complaints, thats blowing my mind alittle.
But I have no details like @Tano has. Those details surprised me and proove you cant pass judgememt too quickly

Tano

Legend
Yea so the 2nd lady….the one from 2020 with similar complaints, thats blowing my mind alittle.
But I have no details like @Tano has. Those details surprised me and proove you cant pass judgememt too quickly
They posted his text messages today and it clearly shows the lady asking Bauer to hurt her harder.

People are so strange

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I dunno. It sure doesn't look like there is a criminal case. But the incident sure doesn't look good. I also heard a number of Dodgers players don't want him back. I gotta think from a legal standpoint the league would have a hard time preventing him from playing. But the team may not let him. The damage is done. I can imagine the backlash if they let him return. If she really wanted him to do that stuff its probably not breaking any laws. But that is some weird stuff.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So she named Tatis and Mike Clevinger. Clevinger is not married but has a partner and they have a kid together. I can't imagine how that household is going now. Tatis doesn't appear to be involved with anyone so that is his business.

Tano

Legend
Big WIN for Bauer.

The Judge (a lady no less) rescinded the restraining order and stated that the defendant was MATERIALLY misleading in her application for the restraining order.

The Judge specifically stated a quote in the text message by the woman stating - she wants ALL the pain.

And the Judge said that when the lady asked Bauer to stop - he stopped.

I wonder with this win if Dodger teammates will still say they don't want him back.

His preferences are kinda strange but then again - it is behind closed doors so.....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As far as the team success, Bauer returning would surely give them a shot at catching and passing the Giants. If this stuff never happened and he was never suspended, I gotta think they would not have traded for Scherzer. So if Bauer does return, it sure gives them one helluva pitching staff.

Urias was great out of the bullpen in late innings during the post season last year. Would sure strengthen that bullpen. Its had its struggles this season but they seem to be coming on now. Getting Knebel back and Graterol returning to form is huge for that bullpen. I would seriously think about Urias or Treinen as the closer. Jansen isn't what he used to be.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Janzen scares me everytime he takes the mound. It seems he is either shut down or gives up a homer. I LOVED that we let Urias close out the WS last season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Big WIN for Bauer.

The Judge (a lady no less) rescinded the restraining order and stated that the defendant was MATERIALLY misleading in her application for the restraining order.

The Judge specifically stated a quote in the text message by the woman stating - she wants ALL the pain.

And the Judge said that when the lady asked Bauer to stop - he stopped.

I wonder with this win if Dodger teammates will still say they don't want him back.

His preferences are kinda strange but then again - it is behind closed doors so.....
Yeah... I don't know much about the situation but it seems this was more about kink than abuse. I'm in no way good with abuse but consenting adults and all....

Bottom line though is that his teammates need to be good with it all or it won't work.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Janzen scares me everytime he takes the mound. It seems he is either shut down or gives up a homer. I LOVED that we let Urias close out the WS last season.
Yeah I heard Joe on the broadcast a couple nights ago talk about Kenley in back to back nights. In that second night his era is over 10. We can't have him only closing things out in the post season or it's over fast (or we need to win every game by 6 which is fine too).

…..

Legend
Impressive 4 game sweep of the reeling Mets because of some masterful use of every piece of the pitching chess board those last couple games.

Alittle reasuring but the concerns with Kenley are on point.