Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought this was about DODGER baseball.

How about that 2 grand slam, 8 dinger game, by our men in Blue?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I thought this was about DODGER baseball.

How about that 2 grand slam, 8 dinger game, by our men in Blue?

I don't see an MLB thread for everyone, so I will post Cardinals stuff, and you will like it!

In all seriousness, though, I thought your Dodgers had a good draft. Nine pitchers, but your team seems to handle pitchers well, and your first two were high-schoolers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't see an MLB thread for everyone, so I will post Cardinals stuff, and you will like it!

In all seriousness, though, I thought your Dodgers had a good draft. Nine pitchers, but your team seems to handle pitchers well, and your first two were high-schoolers.
Well.... General Sports Talk should fit the bill Memsie. You know I love you and am just poking fun.

But I'm guessing you would have a serious thread with all our great St Louis fans in here. Just a guess. I - as a Dodger fan - even like the Cards (baseball).

I think you'd have a cool thread here and get a lot more convo if you were to start one about your team.

Keep in mind, I don't have a problem with you talking about your team here. I just think you could generate more Cards discussion with a Cards thread. They're certainty worth talking about.

Tano

Legend
As to the All Star Game - I think both Buehler and Janson should have been picked to the All Star Team

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well.... General Sports Talk should fit the bill Memsie. You know I love you and am just poking fun.

But I'm guessing you would have a serious thread with all our great St Louis fans in here. Just a guess. I - as a Dodger fan - even like the Cards (baseball).

I think you'd have a cool thread here and get a lot more convo if you were to start one about your team.

Keep in mind, I don't have a problem with you talking about your team here. I just think you could generate more Cards discussion with a Cards thread. They're certainty worth talking about.

Definitely fair. It's just that the Cardinals are below .500 (and it'll take a miracle to get into the playoffs), so there's not really much to talk about, except for the draft.

Tano

Legend

I was going to give you a Not so Sure since they "suck" (hides from Memento) but that would only have been to give Memento a hard time.:biggrin:

…..

Legend
Man…..how long to we give Belli time to get his shit together?

.168 now. Captain Ofer.

We need Piazza to come into the club house give him a Greg Brock level season saving speech.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers sliding in Max Sherzer's DM's and offering up Keibert Ruiz, Ryan Pepiot +1 player for Sherzer and Trea Turner. Going to be an interesting next 24 hours.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/status/1420909417718026244?s=21

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers sliding in Max Sherzer's DM's and offering up Keibert Ruiz, Ryan Pepiot +1 player for Sherzer and Trea Turner. Going to be an interesting next 24 hours.

Josiah Grey's part of that package too. I wonder if they think Bauer won't be playing anymore this year?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Man…..how long to we give Belli time to get his shit together?

.168 now. Captain Ofer.

We need Piazza to come into the club house give him a Greg Brock level season saving speech.

I've seen prolonged slumps but this one is a doozy. .160 now. I get keeping him in there to try and break out of it. A basketball player will keep shooting till it starts to fall. But how much is he hurting his team?

Two ways of looking at it. Bat him 8th and he'll probably get more walks. Put him in front of Muncy or Turner and he'll probably see more pitches to hit. Personally, I'd bat him 8th until he figures it out.

…..

Legend
That trade today- and really the Padres and Giants efforts too, are simply insane. The NL west has gone crazy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've seen prolonged slumps but this one is a doozy. .160 now. I get keeping him in there to try and break out of it. A basketball player will keep shooting till it starts to fall. But how much is he hurting his team?

Two ways of looking at it. Bat him 8th and he'll probably get more walks. Put him in front of Muncy or Turner and he'll probably see more pitches to hit. Personally, I'd bat him 8th until he figures it out.
Boy. Really hard to not bat Belli as he's also a really good defensive player.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That 10 year peak chart comparing the two is pretty amazing. When was the last time the two best pitchers of their generation were on the same team?

Whoa there Old School.....the 2 best pitchers of their generation is juuuuust a little different than two of the best pitchers of their generation!!!

Having said that, this trade deadline was amazing. Teams that were at or near the top bolstered their roster and teams that were still in position to get into the postseason made improvements. But the number of front line players who changed teams was amazing.

Rizzo, Bryant and Baez
Scherzer, Berrios and Kimbrel
Gallo, Cruz, Marte

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whoa there Old School.....the 2 best pitchers of their generation is juuuuust a little different than two of the best pitchers of their generation!!!
Kershaw and Scherzer aren't the 2 best in the game during their time in MLB? I mean there are some other good ones the only one though that's close IMO is Verlander.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Kershaw and Scherzer aren't the 2 best in the game during their time in MLB? I mean there are some other good ones the only one though that's close IMO is Verlander.

I dunno. I'm looking at a guy like DeGrom; he's easily the best right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno. I'm looking at a guy like DeGrom; he's easily the best right now.
This year? Sure! Last year? Probably? Over their career? Not even close. This is the age of sabermetrics of war and such right? Career Kershaw is at 68.9 WAR and deGrom? Who people don't realize is only a couple months younger than Clayton? Yeah Jacob is at a 40.9. I'm not sure why people get offended but there really is only two people who can compete on this list of best of their era with Kershaw and Scherzer and that's Zach Greinke and Justin Verlander. The last time I can remember a power duo of starting pitchers like this was Schilling and Johnson and Schilling as good as he was is a distant second to Johnson. This would be like having 2 of Clemens, Maddux, Pedro and Johnson on the same team.