Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
This is getting ridiculous. Their bullpen is absolutely horrible right now. They almost blow a 13 run lead in the 6th inning.

Losing 5 to 6 relievers is really hurting this team. I doubt any team could withstand 6 injuries to their pitching staff.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm just hoping they can hang in there till they get healthy. Right now the bullpen can't be trusted to hold any lead. They'll probably fall below .500 in the next week or two. If they can stay within striking distance they can make a move when guys start coming off the DL.

I'm still not sold on the Giants being legit. I think the Padres are still the number one threat to the division title. Fortunately they aren't playing much better at the moment. My biggest worry is falling ten game back by July. That might be too much to make up even if they're healthy by then.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Meanwhile, the Angels are a damn embarrassment. You don't do that to Albert Pujols. It's not like your team's going anywhere close to the playoffs. Let him play out the remainder of his contract, for fate's sake.

I hope this is the final push to get him to go into the Hall with a Cardinals hat on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Meanwhile, the Angels are a damn embarrassment. You don't do that to Albert Pujols. It's not like your team's going anywhere close to the playoffs. Let him play out the remainder of his contract, for fate's sake.

I hope this is the final push to get him to go into the Hall with a Cardinals hat on.
Sorry but yes you do when he simply doesn't know when to hang it up, an absolute horrible signing that has been an albatross on this franchise long enough.

Now if we could only get some quality starting pitching...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers are starting to win with a depleted roster. A good sign. Another win over the Giants. Loved the Muncy bat flip. He;s got some swagger now.

Still waiting for the new guys to start hitting. A couple guys I never heard of were in the lineup a couple weeks ago when they were struggling. They seemed like automatic outs.

Did anyone catch the video of all those Dodger fans in the Astros stadium? Thousands of them yelling "Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters!" I loved it. Dodger fans haven't forgotten how they cheated their way to a championship.

Tano

Legend
Dodgers are starting to win with a depleted roster. A good sign. Another win over the Giants. Loved the Muncy bat flip. He;s got some swagger now.

Still waiting for the new guys to start hitting. A couple guys I never heard of were in the lineup a couple weeks ago when they were struggling. They seemed like automatic outs.

Did anyone catch the video of all those Dodger fans in the Astros stadium? Thousands of them yelling "Cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters!" I loved it. Dodger fans haven't forgotten how they cheated their way to a championship.
Houston Astros are on par with New England in my hate for them

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I would think as a Dodgers fan, nobody could equal San Francisco as most hated. But I understand the Houston hate. As a Yankee fan, nobody can equal Boston but Houston would be close. Probably just behind Baltimore and slightly ahead of Tampa and Toronto. :biggrin:

Memento

Name
Jemma

While I won't go that far, yes, Houston has been on my shitlist ever since Luhnow stole information from the Cardinals.

Tano

Legend
I would think as a Dodgers fan, nobody could equal San Francisco as most hated. But I understand the Houston hate. As a Yankee fan, nobody can equal Boston but Houston would be close. Probably just behind Baltimore and slightly ahead of Tampa and Toronto. :biggrin:
Oh I hate the 49ers and Giants equally at rivalry teams but New England and Houston as fricken cheaters are right up there

…..

Legend
Heading out to the Braves Stadium in a few hours to catch my boys in blue. In the third deck, but Repping with Jackies #42 and sitting in the front damn row to make sure they all see me.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Meanwhile, I'm dejected at the Cardinals. We don't have any healthy or viable trade assets (Carpenter and Ozuna are both on the DL, while Fowler just sucks, and we're stuck with him for, I believe, another two/three years).

I get the feeling that we really need to tank to get better, and yet we're in this limbo where we're too bad to get into the playoffs, but too good to get a high pick.

So...yeah.

thats some 7-9 BS right there LOL

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Giants have the best record in the majors. I look at their lineup and ask how the eff are they doing it? Not exactly a murderer's row. I'm guessing they've done well with timely hitting. The problem with that is, a team tends to go into prolonged slumps when you're not hitting with runners in scoring position. We'll see how they do come dog days of August.

Dodgers have quite a few hitting the injury list. Seager, Bellinger, Muncy are all out. Dustin May's gone for the season. And maybe next season. Surprised how well they're doing with so many starters out. I watch games and see guys I never heard of in the lineup. Hopefully they get healthy and make a run at the end.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Read an article on Andrew Toles. I damn near cried my eyes out because mental illness is something I have more experience with than I want.

Memento

Name
Jemma
MLB Draft is coming up at 6:00 Central. Can't wait to see who my Cardinals take.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I’ve never seen someone (in baseball) less excited to be a top two pick than Jack Leiter. He’s not signing with the Rangers.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Michael McGreevy is the Cardinals pick. College pitcher out of UC Santa Barbara, pitchability with a fastball up to 96, nice offspeed stuff, probably underslot.

I can live with it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The Cardinals got a high-school outfielder named Joshua Baez in round two. Love the pick; he could be a legit superstar in the mold of Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton if he reaches his potential. All we need...is to sign him. Easier said than done, but still.