Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So the Dodgers have a new rival? The Giants will always be the main rival in my opinion. But with both teams being so stacked, this year the Padres will be the main rival. Should be a fun season.

Heckuva pitching battle last night. Kershaw was on his game. With that rotation and his diminishing fastball I figured he would be the 3rd or 4th best starter. Darvish made the mistake walking Kershaw with the bases loaded.

Turner looks more trimmed down this season. I wasn't sure how that would affect his bat speed. But it seems to be pretty good so far. Its a long season. Hitters and teams have peaks and valleys all year. I always thought you never know how good or bad your team is till mid June. 13-2 is a great start. Gives a little cushion for when they hit that stretch where wins are harder to come by.

I remember some time in the mid 70's the Dodgers got off to a record start the first month. Something like 24-4 give or take. The Reds were defending champs and started slow. The Dodgers built an early lead over them around 10 plus games. The Reds played better the rest the way but fell short a couple games at the end. Those April games mean just as much as September games in the standings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Heard a funny bit of irony today from Joe Davis. The last Dodger pitcher to walk before Kershaw with the bases loaded? Yu Darvish :D

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So the Dodgers score 23 runs in the 4 game series with the Brewers. Almost 6 runs per game doesn't sound so bad. Except that they only won one game. Two they couldn't muster any offense. The other the bullpen couldn't hold a lead.

The injury bug seems to have hit them. I don't know when Bellinger will return. McKinstry was doing good but he's been out. May is injured in the second inning.

The Lakers got hit worse with the injury bug with both superstars going down for a significant amount of time. What is it with defending champs?

Tano

Legend
So the Dodgers score 23 runs in the 4 game series with the Brewers. Almost 6 runs per game doesn't sound so bad. Except that they only won one game. Two they couldn't muster any offense. The other the bullpen couldn't hold a lead.

The injury bug seems to have hit them. I don't know when Bellinger will return. McKinstry was doing good but he's been out. May is injured in the second inning.

The Lakers got hit worse with the injury bug with both superstars going down for a significant amount of time. What is it with defending champs?
This looks to be not their season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shame about May; he's a great young pitcher.

Cardinals are getting closer to a division lead.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The thing about good starts to the season, it gives you a cushion for when things start to go bad. And it always goes bad at some point for every team.

Dodgers get swept in the double header at Chicago. Since their 13-2 start they've been 4-12. Can you imagine if they struggled at the start before this tough stretch? They coulda been 7 or 8 games back.

Hopefully they can hang in there and keep it close till they get healthy. Right now they are very beatable.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
They’re playing terrible right now and injuries are a a big problem too. I don’t think yesterday’s lineup had a single guy hitting over .270.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They’re playing terrible right now and injuries are a a big problem too. I don’t think yesterday’s lineup had a single guy hitting over .270.

They have quite a few that aren't much over 200. They've sure been giving Edwin Rios plenty of opportunities. He's been in the lineup quite a bit. Last I saw was his batting average dipped below 100. Every time I watch him bat he seems to be an automatic out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Liking the Giants is as bad as liking the 49ers in my book

Well Go Giants !! Keep to your book & your team. Magic Johnson was not true to Jennie!! Who cares about this season anyways. Last year was a end of a great dynasty. Jim Buss can do whatever?

All I know is Buster Posey, Buster Posey,Buster Posey! I still think he is deserving .

Mike Scioscia or Jim Ferguson ?
Add Steve Yeager ?

Then Davey or Steve Sax ?

Tano

Legend
Well Go Giants !! Keep to your book & your team. Magic Johnson was not true to Jennie!! Who cares about this season anyways. Last year was a end of a great dynasty. Jim Buss can do whatever?

All I know is Buster Posey, Buster Posey,Buster Posey! I still think he is deserving .

Add Steve Yeager ?

Where is the Red Flag emogi?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Add Steve Yeager ?

Makes perfect sense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Makes perfect sense.

Let’s go Red Birds !!

A funny story this season.Some people in sports have such superstitions.
A A’s fan friend was
passing through. A couple weeks before that he was going to Arizona to watch Spring Training.He Opens up his bag & says sorry I’ve got to put this on((A’s shirt) and tells me why.He said he put it on when The A’s won there first game.Then he put it on right before the next game & said he was going to do it until they lost.At the end of the week someone said the A’s just won there 6th game.I was like you should call John he must be still wearing his new jersey. I believe the streak went 13 or 14.
Albert Pujols,Albert Pujols,Albert Pujols ! Go Cards

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Where is the Red Flag emogi?

Go Red Birds! Spring is here & the Cardinals will be flying in the Fall.
Dodge those Red Sox. The real New York Teams will be there. Been nice to have Met you,but the Yanks are near.

Tano

Legend
Go Red Birds! Spring is here & the Cardinals will be flying in the Fall.
Dodge those Red Sox. The real New York Teams will be there. Been nice to have Met you,but the Yanks are near.
You're just rambling now

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're just rambling now

Lol - yeah to love the Dodgers until you don’t. St. Louis has always been
a Baseball Town. Albert Pulhus ruined The Angels.I can’t even watch them anymore.
The Giants are a fun team.The stadium & the Fans in the City.Dodgers Stadium was my Covid hot bed. That Dirt Bag 3rd baseman. Way to go.Lost what little respect I have for them.Wish Mike Scossioca would have been there manager about 10 years ago & Pulhus never signed.Have another Beer Artie. He had LA .Glad Kronke’s group lost out to Magic Johnson. Yeah - & to think Stan Kronke didn’t have a vision of The Rams in LA. Ask him where he bought that little piece of property in between Hollywood Park & the Forum?
Off track - but baseball has a long history.Had a friend that wanted to hit ball the Parks.Had a friend that took a picture of ComAmerica Detroit.Another I just talked to about it he raised his family in Mass & are Red Sox Fans. I have a NY connection from way back before the Dodgers & Giants flew West ?
Haven’t been back to the new Stadiums.Dodger stadium BTW-was where my life began.Interesting you don’t see double headers much anymore. Just wondering about when the Angel were around. God only knows what this World will bring.
Sorry I’m not a Dodger Fan Reggie Reggie Reggie!!! Steve who ? Sax,Garvey,Yeager.

Got to Love Dusty except when it comes to the Playoffs.

Tano

Legend
Lol - yeah to love the Dodgers until you don’t. St. Louis has always been
a Baseball Town. Albert Pulhus ruined The Angels.I can’t even watch them anymore.
The Giants are a fun team.The stadium & the Fans in the City.Dodgers Stadium was my Covid hot bed. That Dirt Bag 3rd baseman. Way to go.Lost what little respect I have for them.Wish Mike Scossioca would have been there manager about 10 years ago & Pulhus never signed.Have another Beer Artie. He had LA .Glad Kronke’s group lost out to Magic Johnson. Yeah - & to think Stan Kronke didn’t have a vision of The Rams in LA. Ask him where he bought that little piece of property in between Hollywood Park & the Forum?
Off track - but baseball has a long history.Had a friend that wanted to hit ball the Parks.Had a friend that took a picture of ComAmerica Detroit.Another I just talked to about it he raised his family in Mass & are Red Sox Fans. I have a NY connection from way back before the Dodgers & Giants flew West ?
Haven’t been back to the new Stadiums.Dodger stadium BTW-was where my life began.Interesting you don’t see double headers much anymore. Just wondering about when the Angel were around. God only knows what this World will bring.
Sorry I’m not a Dodger Fan Reggie Reggie Reggie!!! Steve who ? Sax,Garvey,Yeager.

Got to Love Dusty except when it comes to the Playoffs.
Giant stadium is fricken cold. I needed a parka to watch a game there.

I told a friend at work out here on the east coast that when he goes to watch the Orioles play the Giants at SF that he better bring one of his warmest jackets.

He didn't believe me since he grew up in the east coast weather and brought a light jacket. He said he was never so cold in his life.