Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Corey a well deserved MVP.

I know Seager deserved it. But I really wanted Kershaw to get that MVP. Astros cheated him out of a chance in 2017. And further damaged his legacy. Woulda been fitting to see him earn a World Series MVP.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I know Seager deserved it. But I really wanted Kershaw to get that MVP. Astros cheated him out of a chance in 2017. And further damaged his legacy. Woulda been fitting to see him earn a World Series MVP.
I think he Seager or Julio all could have won it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Congrats from a Cardinals fan. I hope the Cards kick your asses next year, though.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
MLB site asked "Are the Dodgers a dynasty?" 8 straight division titles and a World Series championship is pretty darn good. But a dynasty? I would say not yet.

Next year all their key players will be back. Plus David Price. He opted out of this season. Some talented young arms on the pitching staff to go with a couple solid veterans. Talented position players. If they repeat, then I would say yes. You can use the "D" word when describing this version of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

If there would be a concern going into next season, it would be the closer. Jansen isn't what he used to be. They have some good young arms with guys who can throw 100mph. But will any of them have the needed mentality to be a quality closer? I would look at Dustin May. If he can learn to be consistent with his off speed stuff, he could be like Gagne was in his prime. Graterol would be an option too.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Cheated him of a WS win yeah. But as fas as damaging his legacy, no. Kersh is still going into the HOF with at least one championship.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats to all you Dodger fans!
I have to say, it was an ironic twist of fate that Tampa loses the WS on a night they got shut down by a team throwing a bullpen game at them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Congrats to all you Dodger fans!
I have to say, it was an ironic twist of fate that Tampa loses the WS on a night they got shut down by a team throwing a bullpen game at them.

I honestly thought Roberts was fine with a game 7 and Buehler pitching. But he wasted no time pulling Gonsolin. That told me he wanted to end it without having to go to a game 7. The Dodger bullpen won that game. All of them that went out there. I was especially impressed with Wood. I like the Dodgers chances of repeating next year.

Tano

Legend
MLB site asked "Are the Dodgers a dynasty?" 8 straight division titles and a World Series championship is pretty darn good. But a dynasty? I would say not yet.

Next year all their key players will be back. Plus David Price. He opted out of this season. Some talented young arms on the pitching staff to go with a couple solid veterans. Talented position players. If they repeat, then I would say yes. You can use the "D" word when describing this version of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

If there would be a concern going into next season, it would be the closer. Jansen isn't what he used to be. They have some good young arms with guys who can throw 100mph. But will any of them have the needed mentality to be a quality closer? I would look at Dustin May. If he can learn to be consistent with his off speed stuff, he could be like Gagne was in his prime. Graterol would be an option too.
If Julio wasn't so valuable as a starter, I would make him the closer.

Someone on the message board watching the game thru a streaming service stated that Urias dude has ice in his veins.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was it easier winning when the other team doesn’t cheat ha ha ha!
My favorite part was Cody saying "I'm not high when I'm playing". Specifies when playing meaning he's higher than a kite the rest of the time.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My favorite part was Cody saying "I'm not high when I'm playing". Specifies when playing meaning he's higher than a kite the rest of the time.

Then his screen froze at the right time. That was funny. His response kinda reminded me of when and old boss asked me if I ever ran over anyone with the forklift. I told him not on accident.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which led to this

giphy.webp

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Noticed that the Dodgers put three right-handed pitchers and an unranked outfielder on their roster to avoid the Rule-5 Draft.

Cards put on Ivan Herrera (our catcher of the future, and he has a hell of a bright future) and Angel Rondon, last year's Pitcher of the Year.

Tano

Legend
The Padres just got Blake Snell .... ouch

They are going to be even tougher next year.