T. Lewis is looking like he might just be a steal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
But he was always on the sideline in camp tho!
You're right. If he was healthy throughout camp, those extra reps would have helped his development individually and the defense overall. It's too bad. I'm glad we're getting something out of him though.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I hear a few days after the Buc's game Gronk was asked his opinion of Mr T Lewis. But, he was still too sore to respond beyond moaning.

Never seen anybody put big Gronk on his ass like that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hear a few days after the Buc's game Gronk was asked his opinion of Mr T Lewis. But, he was still too sore to respond beyond moaning.

I thought that moaning like a zombie was easily one of the most intelligent things Gronkowski said in his lifetime. Hell, comparing a zombie's intellect to Gronk's is unfair to the zombie; it's clearly smarter.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You're right. If he was healthy throughout camp, those extra reps would have helped his development individually and the defense overall. It's too bad. I'm glad we're getting something out of him though.

Happens.

Let things play out before declaring a player a "wasted pick".

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Happens.

Let things play out before declaring a player a "wasted pick".
I don't think I ever said he was a wasted pick. I am pretty sure I've fished with and maybe even laughed at people who were counting on/expecting him to be great or a big part of the defense. Given how much he wasn't on the practice field or in games, I think that was justified. At the time, the information we had didn't support such beliefs. I think my most notable interaction with anyone on the board about him was clarifying to someone that the reason no one was talking about Lewis was because at that point in this season, very early on this season, he hasn't done anything. The was nothing to talk about, so no one was talking about it. He's played well 2 or 3 out of 5 games this year. I hope it continues.

I won't declare him a wasted pick (which I never did, you offered that up without anything from me) before things play out. Let's also not declare him the savior of the Rams edge rushing group (which you never did, I offered that up without anything from you) before things play out.

Let's just agree that he's played well (or really well, actually) a few times now and we hope it continues.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’d rather have 15 first round grade snaps a game than 40 3rd round grade snaps a game. It’s not like we don’t get to put someone else on the field when we take him off.
Well yeah we would. Hollins was doing great. If he did not get injured he’d get most of the snaps.

The problem is the knees could keep him out for weeks. Players get injured but most don’t have to nurse a chronic injury. It’s a different scenario. He could end up like Gurley on any given snap without even being touched.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Granted, he has to stay healthy, and that is where he has struggled in the past. This Pre-Season, he missed a lot of time, and I felt like he might not be available much, but he has been playing a lot, and is starting to jump off the screen a little. Hope the guy stays healthy, He could be a real steal if he does.

Go Rams.
Lewis made one of the keys plays in the game against Seattle. Basically stopped their first drive of the second half in its tracks with a sack of Wilson for a 12 yard loss. That was a turning point in the game.

There's more where that came from. It's pretty obvious to see that he has the raw physical ability to excel. He needs to develop his skills. But he can already make plays.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Lewis made one of the keys plays in the game against Seattle. Basically stopped their first drive of the second half in its tracks with a sack of Wilson for a 12 yard loss. That was a turning point in the game.

There's more where that came from. It's pretty obvious to see that he has the raw physical ability to excel. He needs to develop his skills. But he can already make plays.
Was it Lewis that drawed an offensive holding call that negated a Seattle TD?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Lewis is looking and getting better. Hopefully the plan to keep him healthy keeps working. When Hollins comes back hopefully he can get back quickly to the level he was before he got hurt. That would give us a solid one two punch at OLB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Lions will be the first game we play against a non athletic QB in almost a month. Our defense will be absolutely salivating. Feel bad for their QB coming in here for that

Lewis is doing great, but with him, when we play a QB that can't move well, yikes

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Lewis is looking and getting better. Hopefully the plan to keep him healthy keeps working. When Hollins comes back hopefully he can get back quickly to the level he was before he got hurt. That would give us a solid one two punch at OLB.

Add in Garrett and Jamir Jones as well. Jones got the block on the punt (and was impressive throughout the preseason; he could be another under-the-radar signing like Hollins was.) I'm hoping Garrett proves himself more, but with more time, he could end up being a steal of a pick.

Them, Hollins, Lewis, and Floyd That could be a future top five rushing group from the edge alone.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Very talented player. Right now he is healthy. Let's hope that continues. It's a marathon. Not a sprint. His knee has many miles left to go.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Add in Garrett and Jamir Jones as well. Jones got the block on the punt (and was impressive throughout the preseason; he could be another under-the-radar signing like Hollins was.) I'm hoping Garrett proves himself more, but with more time, he could end up being a steal of a pick.

Them, Hollins, Lewis, and Floyd That could be a future top five rushing group from the edge alone.
Pass rushers great, but we also need run stuffing Lbers

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

Don't really mention them because on Defense Garrett really hasn't had a chance. If Jones becomes a good player on ST it's a good pickup. Jones didn't look good when he got to play during the regular season for the steelers and preseason is just that preseason. If both turn out to be good players on D that's a plus but I'm not really expecting them too.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

Earl Thomas. However, after earl hit him he lived to continue to play

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I

It is nice to be right, especially when it means something good for the Rams. I don't enjoy being right when I have a negative opinion. Unlike a few people around here. Not talking about you.
I was unfortunately right about Linehan

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Well yeah we would. Hollins was doing great. If he did not get injured he’d get most of the snaps.

The problem is the knees could keep him out for weeks. Players get injured but most don’t have to nurse a chronic injury. It’s a different scenario. He could end up like Gurley on any given snap without even being touched.
Sure he could, but Gurley was worth a top 10 pick. He wasn’t worth a contract extension but he was worth his pick. Greatness short lived is still greatness.