Stick with these guys....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Besides when he developed a guy named Jared Goff who had only played 7 games in his career.

Freaking make me LOL - It’s not like Stafford hasn’t needed a backup either.Meaning Baker sure was a nice pickup.
Just to say there’s a different route & fit throughout The NFL.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am hoping for changes after the bye, Jourdan Rodrigue reported the Rams will be making some moves, lets hope some of those moves involves changes at ILB.
Nothing to lose with the switch, if it happens. Also, no guarantee the results will be better.
Speights may stumble into some plays just based on superior ahtletism to either Reeder or Rozeboom.
We shall see I guess.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry to be negative but, If we do get a top ten pick they will probably just take a WR that will take years to see the field, if ever. :eyeroll:
Besides, McVay has shown that he has no desire to develop a rookie QB.
Ive been told this as well from someone in the Rams scouting dept.
Don't know if he heard it second hand or from McVay himself, but, its not something he really wants to do.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Sorry to be negative but, If we do get a top ten pick they will probably just take a WR that will take years to see the field, if ever. :eyeroll:
Besides, McVay has shown that he has no desire to develop a rookie QB.
Yeah, because we haven't seen our 6th round WR play at all. You honestly think if we took Travis Hunter he wouldn't play?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yeah, because we haven't seen our 6th round WR play at all. You honestly think if we took Travis Hunter he wouldn't play?
How long has it took to get our second round wr playing?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Ive been told this as well from someone in the Rams scouting dept.
Don't know if he heard it second hand or from McVay himself, but, its not something he really wants to do.
Then he needs to get an OC or QB coach who can. The '25 draft needs to be a top OT pick, but it could be a QB (if Ewers declares, several more will declare with him); and if they go QB, he HAS to get help with developing them. It's really hard to be a HC and develop a new QB.
But another possibility is a F/A QB with experience, I wouldn't mind Cousins... but who else will be available?? RUSS W???? no thanks.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
True... but Toots was a reach after just missing out on the WR they really wanted to pick. He's seeing the field more of late but ya, we really needed to go another route instead of reaching for a pencil-thin WR who has no business going over the middle.
Should they pick a WR in rd 1 in '25, that WR will start day 1. *HAS* to start day 1, and be able to run every route in the tree, block, and be a "we not me" kind of guy.

fearsomefour

Legend
Then he needs to get an OC or QB coach who can. The '25 draft needs to be a top OT pick, but it could be a QB (if Ewers declares, several more will declare with him); and if they go QB, he HAS to get help with developing them. It's really hard to be a HC and develop a new QB.
But another possibility is a F/A QB with experience, I wouldn't mind Cousins... but who else will be available?? RUSS W???? no thanks.
Given the fact that the contracts the Rams have been signing some guys to are three years deals I assume that is the window Stafford has given them.
I think (speculation) that McVay would consider it wasted opportunity to start a rookie QB out of necessity. Hard to disagree with this given the success rate of even first round QBs.
I wold also assume he would be open to it if there was a prospect he really, really felt strongly about.
Who will be available in a couple years? Who knows??
There are veteran Qbs out there that will fall out of favor who can play at a high level (see Darnold, Smith etc).
That could be an option.
My guess.....in three years, after they go into rebuild mode, both Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor will join the Rams.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
To be honest, I have no idea what direction the FO would go IF we end up with a high 1st round pick in 2025 - CB, OT, QB or trade. So many permutations based on off-season decisions

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It's simple, really. Just draft the next Mahommes.
Job done!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
My guess.....in three years, after they go into rebuild mode, both Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor will join the Rams.
Ooooooooooooooooohhhh.... I like how you're thinking. Was already thinking Zac might be coming back soon lol, Bengals imploding atm. But adding Burrow would be a coup. Kinda like that other Bengal we plucked off their roster -- A.Whit :D

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Tutu got injured in preseason, then got injured again during his rookie year and ended up on IR. He was a reach. If they took a WR in the 1st round, he's gonna play a LOT. Imagine if they had taken Brian Thomas this year. Dude would have the most snaps on the team.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
OK but Kupp, Reynolds, Jefferson and Nacua all played early-on, so your initial comment ('If we do get a top ten pick they will probably just take a WR that will take years to see the field, if ever.') just seemed a little off.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they go get the LT in the 2025 draft, and maybe another pass game weapon round 2 or 3, then they will have the makings of a top quality OL and unit no matter who is at QB be it Stafford or whoever. Because when the line and weapons are there the QB castoff options for a given offseason will all want to play for McVay, in the event Stafford retires. And if they do go with a young QB in let's say the 2026 draft, then the cornerstone LT spot is there for him to have as good an adjustment to the NFL as possible.

The only thing I don't want the Rams to do is overpay for a QB who is just another Joe who requires a run game. Only QBs worth paying the current starter value to are the very small group who can win without a run game. So if Stafford were to retire suddenly, having that OL in place is really important I think, in spite of the fact that McVay is among the best at scheming quick answers for an iffy line. I think McVay has finally arrived in his HC development to where he values the line. So let's go get the most important piece done this next offseason.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
OK but Kupp, Reynolds, Jefferson and Nacua all played early-on, so your initial comment ('If we do get a top ten pick they will probably just take a WR that will take years to see the field, if ever.') just seemed a little off.
You may be right, but how many of McSneads first round picks are playing for the Rams right now?

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Tutu got injured in preseason, then got injured again during his rookie year and ended up on IR. He was a reach. If they took a WR in the 1st round, he's gonna play a LOT. Imagine if they had taken Brian Thomas this year. Dude would have the most snaps on the team.
Or would he be on IR or would the pick have been traded?

fearsomefour

Legend
True... but Toots was a reach after just missing out on the WR they really wanted to pick. He's seeing the field more of late but ya, we really needed to go another route instead of reaching for a pencil-thin WR who has no business going over the middle.
Should they pick a WR in rd 1 in '25, that WR will start day 1. *HAS* to start day 1, and be able to run every route in the tree, block, and be a "we not me" kind of guy.
He is at his best going over the middle actually.
Just has to be the right sort of route, but, he is routinely open. He has been criminally underused by McVay.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
We stuck with the Rams during their sucky years in St Louis when Steven Jackson was their only offense and their lousy draft picks were worse than the street FAs. We stuck with the horror back then. This is not as bad compared to 2002-2016.

Who's the coach for stroud? They seem to be doing a good job with him. I Can't get Comfortable with McVay not wanting to develop a rookie qb. He's not "That good of a coach"? I dunno, not very becoming if true.

dang

Legend
I wouldn't have a problem with this team losing if we didn't play Reeder and Rozeboom. They are just pathetic.
So I’m going to take another angle on this situation. Is it fair to Reeder to not only start him but have him wear the green dot? Hes a PS or ST player at best. I’ll concede he gives it 110% but he’s a sloth. And a sloth at 110% will never beat a badger at 80% in a race or a fight. We need badgers not sloths.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You may be right, but how many of McSneads first round picks are playing for the Rams right now?
ONE ... Jared Verse ... out-of-One ... Jared Verse.

The Rams have only had ONE First Round draft choice since McSnead came about in 2017 ... Jared Verse.

Now, few of the Rams 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks since 2017 have made it to a 2nd contract with the Rams.