Stan Kroenke appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't revere Stan Kroenke.

Just as I didn't revere the Show Girl owner before him, or Carrol Rosenbloom...I don't remember Dan Reeves....I think he has no real interest in the fans, except for support of his team(s), and that's ok. I only care that he allows the Rams front office to build a world class team, and to provide an excellent environment in which to watch them, and he's doing both.

Having said that, if there had been a better place to the move the team and build a stadium, he would have done that. LA just happened to be the second largest city in the USA without a team,and he found a canvas on which to 'paint' a wonderful stadium at old Hollywood Park. It was also an ancillary benefit that there were a lot of old LA Ram's fans with whom to build a new fan base.

I have no illusions if he were to live long enough in a hypothetically similar St Louis situation, he would play the same hardball with LA and its fanbase, as he did with St Louis and the fans there to further his interests.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Praising Kroenke while celebrating Georgia being called a baby door? I mean, she was a vapid air head who had no sense about her other than her inheritance and chase for more money. But the two were partners. Teamed up to bring the Rams to St. Louis in the first place. Kroenke was a huge part in why the Rams left LA the first time. He's a big reason why St. Louis has a Super Bowl championship and not LA for the time being. So keep heaping on that praise for the guy who only cares to follow the money as much as his ex-partner. He's just like any other billionaire out there so can't praise the guy too much.

Having said that, now that he is personally, greatly invested in the well being of the team due to the move it's amazing how quickly tides have turned and how much money is being pumped into the care and image of the team. It is great to see, as a fan, having no expense spared finally. But got to give most of the credit to McVay and Snead. Those two are going to make ole Stan a lot of money over the next decade.

I know, I know.... disagrees and chills incoming. lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Appreciation? OK, when he writes me a big fat check.

Fat+Lady.jpg

Oh you posted Check not Chick, sorry.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's this is why I love ESK....Enos Stanley Kroenke, he's loaded. George Frontiere was not, the Rams were he meal ticket and she had no other forms of revenue. That's why she nickle & dimed the franchise for years...Not taking away what Georgia did for many charities, but she was tightfisted with the likes of Eric Dickerson & Vince Ferragamo IMHO and she did not have to be that way.

Kroenke for his faults allows his football people to make the football decisions (for better or worse) and is building the Los Angeles Rams their first ever venue owned by a Rams owner, which I look forward to attending...I can also understand why some would not like him, but FWIW's to this point he's number 3 as a Ram owner and if the Rams can win a few Super Bowls, he might be number 2 as nobody can surpass the Rams first owner Dan Reeves.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I get the hate for the man by some. And I get the love for the man by others. But both of those emotions are tied solely to the relocation. As a fan who's not going to be a season ticket holder, it doesn't matter where they play. What I want is a winner. I honestly believe Stan wants to win more than Georgia did. I believe this is his legacy. He's got more money than any of us could ever dream of. He wants this to be his legacy. He wants to bring a championship to LA. I'll bet he would love to have a statue in his honor sitting in front of the stadium. I honestly don't believe its just about the money.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The things I think make him a good NFL owner unfortunately don’t transfer over to the Premiere League.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The things I think make him a good NFL owner unfortunately don’t transfer over to the Premiere League.

I don't have enough information to really judge the dude on his Premiere League ownership. But since he took over as primary shareholder in 2011 they've won a few FA cups (lookin at the wiki it says they won in 2014, 2015, and 2017). Also, in true Kroenke fashion his ownership did not include him getting all involved or retiring the coach he inherited, seems like he did a pretty solid job of remaining the benevolent money behind the scenes.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

To be fair, I assume keeping Wenger all those years in Arsenal helped us immensely long-term as our finances with the stadium paid off. The way teams like ManU, Chelsea, Man City, and Liverpool spend money on players these days makes it hard to compete but it's rather impressive that Arsenal managed to stay a Top 5 team with a shoestring budget on the transfer market. Time will tell how his other investment in London will succeed but all signs are pointing to better financial leverage relative to his competition.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I get the hate for the man by some. And I get the love for the man by others. But both of those emotions are tied solely to the relocation. As a fan who's not going to be a season ticket holder, it doesn't matter where they play. What I want is a winner. I honestly believe Stan wants to win more than Georgia did.

This right here^^^^^^^

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can’t speak to his other teams but I like what he’s doing with the Rams NOW. I’ll leave the St Louis thing out of it as I don’t like what happened there even if I understand. I am a life long Rams fan from back in the 60s so I’ll admit having them back in LA is like a dream come true.

As far as SK goes, he has pissed a lot of people off in his dealings but has done some great things. From my understanding, most of the large ranches he has bought have only been improved to produce more and have been left intact. That historical ranch in Texas was going to be parceled off and taken largely out of production. He was the only buyer with the wherewithal and intent to keep it whole and in production.

With the exception of a couple of his former business associates, most things I’ve read tell a story of a businessman that makes good deals and follows through on his end.

No one has to revere him. I respect his business smarts and love that he is the owner of our team with what I’ve seen him do. And it helps that we now have the second richest owner in football and he seems to view the Rams as his crown jewel. I’ll take it.

…..

Legend
Co-sign.

I'm a fan of Stan.

If I decided to read more about him. His busineses, his ranch, etc...I'm sure I would be fascinated. Yes he has the persona of a limp dish rag, but thats by design so cant be held against him.

Therefore, I am a fan of Stan.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW's this is why I love ESK....Enos Stanley Kroenke, he's loaded. George Frontiere was not, the Rams were he meal ticket and she had no other forms of revenue. That's why she nickle & dimed the franchise for years...Not taking away what Georgia did for many charities, but she was tightfisted with the likes of Eric Dickerson & Vince Ferragamo IMHO and she did not have to be that way.

Yeah those were dark days man. I remember that sense of doom as soon as ED started all that, the dude was THE offense but the team for whatever reason could not pay him. It was madness man. And then of course even with a windfall of picks what do the Rams do? Well the aforementioned lawyer and non-football minds in the front office whiffed on the picks. What followed was almost a full decade of failure.

I remember looking at the 9ers and their owner who would do anything to win, who had zero problems paying for the best players, and being envious not only of that but also of the way he brought in great football people. Success truly starts with the people in charge, IMO.

Sure does feel great to be a Rams fan right now, either way. I mean even with this AD business going on I actually have hope they'll get it done vs that sense of doom I would have had if Georgia or her brood were running the team. This is why I still think the older guard owners who get the team via their family aren't good for today's game. IMO the NFL has outgrown those generational types (i.e. guys like Davis or Spanos), and the new big money types that have invaded the league (Jones, Allen, Kroenke, etc) are the future.

Ram65

Legend
Stan is on top of the Rams organization which is once again flourishing. All the pieces are in place to becoming a first class winning organization if they aren't already. Stan had the vision and the money to make things happen although, St Louis has suffered the loss of a team they adopted with open arms.

I don't know Stan's motivations exactly. I assume he wants to win more than he wants the money. Whatever motivates him I'm glad that he spends money on the best coaches and staff, players, the new stadium while letting his management team run the operations. I don't want to go any further that what the results are with the Rams. I hope he continues to be generous with those involved with the Rams and the SoCal community.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Kroenke for his faults allows his football people to make the football decisions (for better or worse) and is building the Los Angeles Rams their first ever venue owned by a Rams owner, which I look forward to attending...I can also understand why some would not like him, but FWIW's to this point he's number 3 as a Ram owner and if the Rams can win a few Super Bowls, he might be number 2 as nobody can surpass the Rams first owner Dan Reeves.

I'd be willing to bet when Sean McVay's contract is coming to an end, Stan will open up the checkbook. I also believe if there was no salary cap we'd be one of the highest spending teams in the league.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Look at the line under the title..........

"he bought them for sheer love of the game.........and because they pay off".

Guess which part of that is true.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd be willing to bet when Sean McVay's contract is coming to an end, Stan will open up the checkbook. I also believe if there was no salary cap we'd be one of the highest spending teams in the league.

Go check SK's record on spending/cap.