Stan Kroenke appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sports in LA seems to be treated differently than I see in a lot of other cities like Seattle or St Louis, I think because there's just so much to do. In my experience people in those cities really got into their teams, you'd see it plastered everywhere, which makes sense when you consider there's not nearly as much to do in those cities as there are in LA, which isn't a slight against either place, just the makeup of how they all are. Both are cool in their own way, I liked how into their local teams people were, but I also appreciated how LA just essentially offered you everything. Seriously, from October to March options really open up, you can see an MLB game, NBA game, an NHL game, an NFL game, go snowboarding, surfing, concerts, other events, you can basically do fucking everything, weather is usually mild, it's very hard for any one thing to compete with everything else, and it's something unique to LA. In the summer sporting goes down with only baseball really, but of course there's still a million other things going on, it's a year round city.

In a way mid sized cities are probably better for sport teams because they're largely the only show in town so they can really grab that fan loyalty, far less competition. Like the Packers have so much loyalty because what the fuck else is there to do in Wisconsin other than drink?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Sports in LA seems to be treated differently than I see in a lot of other cities like Seattle or St Louis, I think because there's just so much to do. In my experience people in those cities really got into their teams, you'd see it plastered everywhere, which makes sense when you consider there's not nearly as much to do in those cities as there are in LA, which isn't a slight against either place, just the makeup of how they all are. Both are cool in their own way, I liked how into their local teams people were, but I also appreciated how LA just essentially offered you everything. Seriously, from October to March options really open up, you can see an MLB game, NBA game, an NHL game, an NFL game, go snowboarding, surfing, concerts, other events, you can basically do fucking everything, weather is usually mild, it's very hard for any one thing to compete with everything else, and it's something unique to LA. In the summer sporting goes down with only baseball really, but of course there's still a million other things going on, it's a year round city.

In a way mid sized cities are probably better for sport teams because they're largely the only show in town so they can really grab that fan loyalty, far less competition. Like the Packers have so much loyalty because what the fuck else is there to do in Wisconsin other than drink?
I've heard that said before but your description was the best by a lot. Very nice! I understand that now. That is interesting and different.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
Send the Cardinals back to St Louis and move the Chargers to Arizona.
Move the Jaguars to St. Louis. Shad Khan has roots in the Midwest. Ship the Chargers out to Jacksonville. Let Spanos enjoy the fruits of his duplicity.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
I'm just going to say that Stan has played his cards right with his minority ownership role during the Georgia era mismanagement and small thinking (except for the brief Super Bowl worthy teams of course) , in acquiring the team. We avoided what I'd consider, the Shad ownership team of light weights currently in J 'ville. He was a possibility as an owner, back when the team was being sold.
Stan sees big and wins big, because he plays big.
When you're in LA, you gotta play big. I think we have the right ownership. :helmet: :beer2: