ST coach John"Bones"Fassell to join Dallas' staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
So you are telling me, next time we play the 'boys, it'll be Quinn, Tavon and Bones, eh? Welcome to the NFL... :)

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
So just because we had one down year on special teams, we should fire, literally THE best special teams coordinator, in the NFL? And who could we hire as an improvement? The is the worst decision ever.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So just because we had one down year on special teams, we should fire, literally THE best special teams coordinator, in the NFL? And who could we hire as an improvement? The is the worst decision ever.
FYI he wasn't fired. And it wasn't just one bad year. And it's far from the worst decision ever, me responding to this comment is far worse.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I’m not really sure what to make of this, but they damn well better not lose GZ

First Wade Phillips, now Bones, probably the two most league wide respectEd coach’s on the staff

I sure hope they have this thought out, I’m ok with this so far, gotta trust Sean and Les’ judgement over mine

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Bones is overrated imo. Wade is too old. New hungry coaches required. I don’t mind a shake up.

Go Rams !

Name
Brian

You gotta be joking right? How is that he is the best st coach in the league and our not so special teams was ranked 17th in 2018 and 23 rd in 2019. It is the other way around, probably whoever they bring can do better than this. That fake punt inside the 20 drove mcvay nuts , I have never seen him so pissed. Actually I have. When the niners completed 2, third and 16 in the same drive to win the game. Mcvay was about to kill someone. And I can't blame him of course.

Last edited:
Name
Brian
I’m not really sure what to make of this, but they damn well better not lose GZ

First Wade Phillips, now Bones, probably the two most league wide respectEd coach’s on the staff

I sure hope they have this thought out, I’m ok with this so far, gotta trust Sean and Les’ judgement over mine

Wade had all this talent since he got here and his defense could never Crack top 10. Pathetic. I am glad he is gone. His defense at times, look just like him, no emotion, no fire, no grit, no intensity.. Thanks but no thanks. Bring in a fiery type like Robert Saleh.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
"I was fine with Wade, but... NOT.... Bones!..."

stTOSkirkchoke.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mixed thoughts.

I always liked Bones. Not sure why, maybe what you read and see on the sideline.

But, he was a holdover from Fisher. It’s McVays team now, his culture, his attitude.

Maybe the fit wasn’t as we thought?

Nice to see staff adjustments, where it makes sense... if the goal is to win, the WHOLE TEAM needs to be better in 2020.