Some PFF grades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

methomas50

Rookie
Offense
  • LT Alaric Jackson: 80.4
  • RG Kevin Dotson: 76.9
  • RB Ronnie Rivers: 73.4
  • TE Colby Parkinson: 72.9
    • RB Kyren Williams: 70.1
    • WR Tutu Atwell: 69.9
    • WR Jordan Whittington: 68.1
  • QB Matthew Stafford: 65.3
  • WR Tyler Johnson: 56.3
  • C Beaux Limmer: 56.1
  • WR Demarcus Robinson: 53.3
  • LG Logan Bruss: 44.4

Defense

• DT Braden Fiske: 90.6
  • DT Kobie Turner: 89.4
  • DB Quentin Lake: 83.4
  • NT Bobby Brown III: 73.0
  • OLB Jared Verse: 71.9
  • S Kamren Curl: 54.1
  • CB Tre’Davious White: 53.4
  • S Kamren Kinchens: 49.9
  • LB Troy Reeder: 49.8
  • OLB Byron Young: 49.7
  • CB Cobie Durant: 44.6
DT Neville Gallimore: 37.9

Looks like the with some exceptions the trenches were good enough to win. LB play was not. Partially explains the inability to stop the run.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW, Kamren Kinchens looks lost out there, maybe it's his number 26, but presently, he seems a day late and a dollar short both in run support and in pass coverage IMHO.

Tano

Legend
Offense

Defense

Looks like the with some exceptions the trenches were good enough to win. LB play was not. Partially explains the inability to stop the run.
Was Rozeboom so horrible that he isn't even above 35?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hopefully we lock up Jackson long term. It will take one huge need off the board in the coming draft. We need talent on D badly. And some WR's that can stay healthy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Was Rozeboom so horrible that he isn't even above 35?
Yes It Is GIF
Yes It Is GIF
Yes It Is GIF

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are silver linings in what we've seen through four games. DL/OLB is on the ascent as it pertains to the pass and there is solid depth at OLB. Lake showing up with a big game was nice so he might be a long term piece.

But our back 7 sucks. No matter what the combination.

This is why the frustration is so strong for me at ILB. Reeder & Rozeboom are a dead end, we know they're not good enough from years of performance on the field. Now maybe Speights & Hummel would end up in the same destination. But we don't know that. So way I see it Shula should have been able to forecast that a great way to upgrade that back 7 is bring in those two, who add speed, range, and tackling.

I chalk this up to hubris. Shula comes in during the offseason. Reeder & Rozeboom work their asses off to learn the nuances of the new DC and what he wants, while Jones plays games with the team (possibly - this is presumed since the Rams would have kept him for his final cheap season as we all expected otherwise) and ends up getting traded. So from there he wants to establish that two guys who have strong grasp of what they're doing can hold it down, which is not a stretch when it comes to ILB. We did, after all, win a Super Bowl with Reeder back there.

But Reeder is a backup because he is inconsistent. Rozeboom is probably the worst player on our defense snap to snap. So Shula not being willing to make the obvious call means he is either prioritizing his opinion of the players outside of their on-field production, or he is convincing himself that he can make these guys better in the scheme than they are individually. And when you face the quality of coordinator opposition at this level, giving up player quality is a recipe for getting beat.

So. Beating the same old fucking drum here. Start Speights and Hummel. Do yourself a fucking favor here Shula. And if they come up short, so be it. But at least you bypass weeks of that transition where you come to the realization the hard way that the other two are not good enough.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Offense

Defense

You missed Rozeboom, the 6th highest-ranked defender at 61.0 overall with an 83.5 on tackling.

I wouldn't automatically peg the bad defense on LB play. There were at least two other issues yesterday.

First, Neville Gallimore had an abysmal rating. He's in the trenches to help stop the run and he failed.

Secondly, part of the inability to stop the run is missed tackles. It's been a problem all year. We had 5 players yesterday who rated a 35.0 or worse in tackling:

Turner (30)
Verse (29.7)
Kinchens (29.8)
Young (34.3)
Durant (27.6)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No!

Rozeboom actually had an okay day per PFF. He rated a 61.0 overall with an 83.5 on tackling.
In coverage, he was not so good as the Bears passing TD was right over his head, although maybe he should not have been counted on in coverage.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
In coverage, he was not so good as the Bears passing TD was right over his head, although maybe he should not have been counted on in coverage.
You're right. His PFF grade reflects that with a 56.9 rating in coverage. Just pointing out that he wasn't so horrible yesterday to be the worst defender as he usually is.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Offense btw is pretty close to being what they should be. They were not going to score a bunch on this defense while missing their top two receiving threats. We needed the defense to have a big day and it didn't happen.

Hopefully we get Avila back as soon as possible. Him back at LG we might see this OL settle. Limmer has saved us a ton of pain in his play at C, which has not been perfect but I think he is better than any of these guys that have come before him under McVay, with exception of Sullivan when we first brought him over. But since that time C has been shit overall. Limmer certainly is good enough, so as he settles in with Avila and Dotson next to him we could have a nice interior. I don't btw think he's very good at zone calls, dude moves not so well to my eye at least. But I like having a C who can stone a DL occasionally by himself. That strength is nice.

We have the horses in the backfield to balance the offense. McVay needs to do that vs better defenses up until such time as Kupp & Nacua are back. Then he can get extra fancy on calls if he can't help himself, and still have a chance of succeeding. He is, after all, a pass-game-first type OC. It is what it is. One of the best too.

Lastly I'll say that if we pay Jackson he will disappoint. Just my instincts on it. Don't trust him. But whatever, not my money.

LOURam85

Rookie
Hopefully we lock up Jackson long term. It will take one huge need off the board in the coming draft. We need talent on D badly. And some WR's that can stay healthy.
We need a superstar this time our best wr can’t be a slot reciver we need somebody that can constantly win outside the numbers and is tall and fast

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
we need Puka, Cooper, Avila and Jackson back in the worse way. DW and JJ would help the secondary tremendously. We are fucked at ILB.

Tano

Legend
No!

Rozeboom actually had an okay day per PFF. He rated a 61.0 overall with an 83.5 on tackling.
I don't know how he rated a 61.0 overall.

Yes he tackled once he got a hold on the RB but he was blocked out of the play so often, it was just becoming a joke.