Some PFF grades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I don't know how he rated a 61.0 overall.

Yes he tackled once he got a hold on the RB but he was blocked out of the play so often, it was just becoming a joke.
He led the team in tackles with 8 and assisted on 4 others. That's how. But 61 isn't good, it's average.

All it says is that he wasn't the worst performer of the day.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes he tackled once he got a hold on the RB but he was blocked out of the play so often, it was just becoming a joke.
Yeah I'd say for him it was one of his better games. But I agree that's a low floor and he limits us every time he's out there. PFF is never going to be as good as the old eyeball test. I do like to see the grades of course, as unlike myself they actually review each play. Supposedly.

Tano

Legend
He led the team in tackles with 8 and assisted on 4 others. That's how. But 61 isn't good, it's average.

All it says is that he wasn't the worst performer of the day.
When the other team rushes for a 4.7 average and over 130 yards - that isn't average.

Getting completely blocked out on quite a few running plays should have him getting a really low score.

I don't care how many tackles and assists he got when the other team is running all over you.

I never once saw him get a tackle inside of 5 yards. At least I don't remember his name being called. The only times I saw the Bears running back get tackled within 5 yards - it was either Fiske Young Hoecht or Turner getting the tackle. I think I saw one from Verse too.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the other team rushes for a 4.7 average and over 130 yards - that isn't average.

Getting completely blocked out on quite a few running plays should have him getting a really low score.

I don't care how many tackles and assists he got when the other team is running all over you.

I never once saw him get a tackle inside of 5 yards. At least I don't remember his name being called. The only times I saw the Bears running back get tackled within 5 yards - it was either Fiske Young Hoecht or Turner getting the tackle. I think I saw one from Verse too.
We used to have the same conversations with Ogletree, Littleton, etc. Littleton in particular would always position himself to chase, and would have games where he put up tackles but I was like "who gives a shit when he's conceding yards." There were plays where he purposely slowed and the RB would commit and cut and then he'd close on him to avoid taking him head on.

And somehow the Raiders failed to see that when they scouted him as a FA. And he predictably busted as a FA addition. Which is why I always say that coaching staffs are not infallible. Sometimes the fans know what the fuck they are talking about. Littleton's ideal position would be a weakside backer in a 4-3. Put him in space where he can chase. Rozeboom is similar but lacks Littleton's speed.

Reeder, like many others we've seen to include Ogletree, is inconsistent as hell on his fills. They both had the same problem, which is a lack of that switch in their heads that automatically throws telling them to fill quickly. And neither could tackle for shit. Ogletree never learned to stop tackling dudes high, and took bad angles. Reeder doesn't tackle high, but he is also inconsistent on angles and neither had that switch in their head.

Jones is a lesser athlete than Reeder but that switch in his head gets him there faster. What we need is a guy with the wheels and the switch. And oh hey by the way Speights may have both. But well, he's got the epic player Troy Reeder ahead of him on the depth chart. :eyeroll:

Last edited:

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

It's a team game. I'm not saying he was a standout performer but his day overall was decent.

It seems you're wanting to use him specifically as a scapegoat. I'm noticing that people in general want to reduce everything to the LBs. They haven't been good, but they're far from the only issue.

All the players you mention - Fiske, Young, Hoecht, Turner, and Verse - are on the front line and *should* be the ones getting tackles inside of 5 yards. Turner, Verse, and Young are also the ones who accounted for 60% of the missed tackles. I'd say that's just as much to blame for the 130 yards as Rozeboom is.

Tano

Legend
It's a team game. I'm not saying he was a standout performer but his day overall was decent.

It seems you're wanting to use him specifically as a scapegoat. I'm noticing that people in general want to reduce everything to the LBs. They haven't been good, but they're far from the only issue.

All the players you mention - Fiske, Young, Hoecht, Turner, and Verse - are on the front line and *should* be the ones getting tackles inside of 5 yards. Turner, Verse, and Young are also the ones who accounted for 60% of the missed tackles. I'd say that's just as much to blame for the 130 yards as Rozeboom is.
See Merlins comment above. He explains it better than I can.

Tano

Legend
We used to have the same conversations with Ogletree, Littleton, etc. Littleton in particular would always position himself to chase, and would have games where he put up tackles but I was like "who gives a shit when he's conceding yards." There were plays where he purposely slowed and the RB would commit and cut and then he'd close on him to avoid taking him head on.
This about Rozeboom

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Getting old watching Rams penetrate the backfield, chase QB's around, just missing a sack and end up givng up a big play.

Drives me to drinking

Drunk On One GIF

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Durant is so frustratingly inconsistent.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
You missed Rozeboom, the 6th highest-ranked defender at 61.0 overall with an 83.5 on tackling.

I wouldn't automatically peg the bad defense on LB play. There were at least two other issues yesterday.

First, Neville Gallimore had an abysmal rating. He's in the trenches to help stop the run and he failed.

Secondly, part of the inability to stop the run is missed tackles. It's been a problem all year. We had 5 players yesterday who rated a 35.0 or worse in tackling:

Turner (30)
Verse (29.7)
Kinchens (29.8)
Young (34.3)
Durant (27.6)
Kinchens looks terrible, johnson is much much better obviously. He takes terrible angles and needs to replaced with a sack of rocks this week. He came in against the Lions and immediately he checked in with a personal foul and was seem smiling on the sideline. Piss!