So... I want Manziel in horns. Douchbag or not.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I wanna beleive in Sam so badly... so I will. I want to draft the next Russel Wilson in lamens terms. But I don't want Sam to miss a snap, either. It's just a precaution.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think JM will truned out to be a good pro....I see some Steve Walsh in him but Me myself Just thought the smart move is to stick
with Sam at Qb who is just fine

Steve Walsh?

You need a couple of sturdy nut punches for that Ohio.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I like him alright. I am not sure how anyone can say he is not accurate. That is absurd. I have seen this kid throw freaking DIMES more often than anything. Great escapability and throws very well on the run. What would scare me is his size. Not his height so much as his narrow frame. Wouldn't take much to break that boy. Who cares anyway, there is ZERO percent chance the Rams draft him.

I agree he and that Bridgewater kid have the shoulders of a ballerina.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I wanna beleive in Sam so badly... so I will. I want to draft the next Russel Wilson in lamens terms. But I don't want Sam to miss a snap, either. It's just a precaution.

I hear a lot of love for Russell Wilson and I have to say, I'm not entirely sure why.
He had a really good rookie year. This year, the last few games he's looked pedestrian at best.

I'm not sold on him or Krapernick being REALLY good/top tier.

Could a team win with him? Sure, a really good team, like Seattle.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes you are right. But he is dam good value for a third rounder. That's what I want...

moklerman

Warner-phile
opp's I mean steve Young
LOL! That's funny. Steve Walsh..Steve Young...same difference. Or did you mean Steve Bartkowski? Or Steve Beurlein? Or Steve McNair? Or Steve Pelluer? I always get all those Steve's confused.

fancents86

Starter
I remember when Tebow was about to enter the draft, everyone said his run style of play would never succeed in the nfl. He would get destroyed. Now everyone is looking for the next option phenom. Ironically Tebow is the only player recently built to handle the run option.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I remember when Tebow was about to enter the draft, everyone said his run style of play would never succeed in the nfl. He would get destroyed. Now everyone is looking for the next option phenom. Ironically Tebow is the only player recently built to handle the run option.
I was actually wondering about that. I guess his throwing is still so inconsistent that even though he'd be the best running option QB, he still wouldn't cut it.

I'm still confused about what it was that Florida was doing that was so different than what the NFL teams who are running the option are doing? I mean, whatever it was, Tebow was completing well over 65% of his passes. Is it just not possible to build an offense along those lines to utilize what he can do while still allowing to throw passes that he can complete?

fancents86

Starter
Tebow was throwing like he always did, which was a very long throwing motion. When he entered the NFL he was forced to triy and learn the standard throwing motion. What really confuses me is there was this one qb coach he worked with and everyone was saying his throwing was fixed and he was hitting all of his targets... yet that never transcended onto the field. I wonder what he would be like if he just threw his old way? Yea it took an extra second to release the ball, but thats better than not hitting your targets.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was actually wondering about that. I guess his throwing is still so inconsistent that even though he'd be the best running option QB, he still wouldn't cut it.

I'm still confused about what it was that Florida was doing that was so different than what the NFL teams who are running the option are doing? I mean, whatever it was, Tebow was completing well over 65% of his passes. Is it just not possible to build an offense along those lines to utilize what he can do while still allowing to throw passes that he can complete?

It's easier to complete a higher percentage of passes in college. The coverage is looser, defenses are simpler and you have larger windows. Tebow's accuracy didn't leave him, he just had less wide open WRs to throw to and had to make tougher throws.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's easier to complete a higher percentage of passes in college. The coverage is looser, defenses are simpler and you have larger windows. Tebow's accuracy didn't leave him, he just had less wide open WRs to throw to and had to make tougher throws.
Yeah, I get that I wouldn't think he'd be completing 65%+ in the NFL just because he did in college but it sure seems like the more they tried to fix him the worse he got. Plus, he was often asked to run an NFL style offense rather than one catered to his strengths and style of play.

In this day and age of the NFL looking more like college ball than it ever has I just wonder why some off-shoot of that Florida offense couldn't have been used to help Tebow along? I mean, assuming a team wanted to feature him. In my hypothetical, I don't think it's unreasonable at all for Jacksonville to have done just that. Oh well, don't really care about Tebow or Jacksonville it just makes one wonder why the ultimate option QB couldn't be used in today's NFL.

fancents86

Starter
No one wants to change their whole offense philosophy for one player. I think he might do well in chip kellys offense if they just let him do his thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I get that I wouldn't think he'd be completing 65%+ in the NFL just because he did in college but it sure seems like the more they tried to fix him the worse he got. Plus, he was often asked to run an NFL style offense rather than one catered to his strengths and style of play.

In this day and age of the NFL looking more like college ball than it ever has I just wonder why some off-shoot of that Florida offense couldn't have been used to help Tebow along? I mean, assuming a team wanted to feature him. In my hypothetical, I don't think it's unreasonable at all for Jacksonville to have done just that. Oh well, don't really care about Tebow or Jacksonville it just makes one wonder why the ultimate option QB couldn't be used in today's NFL.

I don't think Jax wanted to risk winning with him since they don't see him as a franchise QB. As crazy as that sounds.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't think Jax wanted to risk winning with him since they don't see him as a franchise QB. As crazy as that sounds.
I feel bad for Jacksonville but they've brought a lot of it on themselves. The're always making decisions that make you scratch your head. They went from Brunnel, Taylor and Smith with Coughlin to Del Rio, Garrard and Sims-Walker. And it's spiraled down the toilet from there. I mean, for chrissakes, look at their uniforms. It's like they're intentionally trying to get the fans to hate them.

fancents86

Starter
Jax wanted Tebow, but he picked the Jets. Thats all on Tebow. But as a Fl boy, i like seeing the Jags do well. They should have never gotten rid of Del Rio IMO.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
id have to politely disagree and say cam newton, ej manuel, even andrew luck can do run option. but oc's realize these players are valuable (not sold on ej yet) and dont have limitations that need to be masked with a run option offense