So... I want Manziel in horns. Douchbag or not.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Whats the word on this guys arm strength?

On a couple of his deep throw it seemed like he really had to put some effort into it. Exactly the way @jrry32 describes Clemens throwing deep.
Average arm strength. Nothing spectacular.

Manziel throws a tight ball, has one of the best escape abilities I've ever seen, Pretty accurate. I mean he's worth a 1st round pick.. but chances the Rams draft him are slim to none.

PhxRam

Average arm strength. Nothing spectacular.

Manziel throws a tight ball, has one of the best escape abilities I've ever seen, Pretty accurate. I mean he's worth a 1st round pick.. but chances the Rams draft him are slim to none.

I am not even close to suggesting we pick this kid..lol

I actually liked the kid from Duke better. I would not mind seeing us draft him in the later rounds.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whats the word on this guys arm strength?

On a couple of his deep throw it seemed like he really had to put some effort into it. Exactly the way @jrry32 describes Clemens throwing deep.

His arm strength is average but acceptable. Could be Drew Brees caliber(above average to good) if he fixes his mechanics and footwork issues.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Manziel is Tim Tebow part two.

Good grief, no thanks.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If Jags, Browns, Oak, and Vikes all want Manziel, then what value does #2 pick have?

Should get us 2015 first rounder.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Jags, Browns, Oak, and Vikes all want Manziel, then what value does #2 pick have?

Should get us 2015 first rounder.

A LOT. RGIII type value.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
His lack of maturity is going to scare off a lot of teams. That memorabilia incident is going to come up in every interview he does and it's not going to be pretty because they are going to be aggressive. How he answers questions like "why were you willing to put your team and your HC in harms way for a little bit of money when you could just ask your rich daddy for a bigger allowance?"

They will come after him hard for that, you just know they are going to rub his nose in it to see how he responds. I'd also guess that some of the teams will have all theirs of him at strip clubs and the pics from Las Vegas laying on the table to try to unnerve him.

He is going to get grilled to death. If I were his agent I would hire an attorney to cross examine him over and over to get him used to what's going to happen.

As far as his skill set........

To me when you look at a guy like this you can't consider him in the first or second round, maybe the third. It's too big of a risk. Rarely do players like this make any impact at all. Once in awhile you might get one that is decent, or pretty good. But at the price of a first or second rounder it's just not worth it to me. I'd rather have a guy who can be a very good to excellent starter than a boom or bust risk.

Another thing, unlike some of you guys when I watch the highlight clips I am not impressed with his arm. At all. Most of the long passes come while he is running which helps add a lot of velocity and distance to a pass. And a lot of them still float. He has a popgun arm. By itself that's not critical, Montana had the arm strength of a gnat and he didn't get held back by it one bit. At the next level he could turn into an INT machine.

I will never buy into the "he wins, he's a winner" argument like we heard about Tebow and occasionally about other guys. Being a QB on a team that wins a lot in college doesn't mean you can play in the NFL and history shows us that guys like Manziel rarely make an impact.

Frankly I'm not even sure if I'd spend a third rounder on him. I'm sure someone is going to spend a first rounder and regret it though.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm not sold he can make it in the NFL. His arm strength is not that great. His accuracy is not that great. He can extend plays with his feet and move around well in the pocket but makes way too many risks. To me, he's not worth higher than a mid 2nd round pick. But there will be some GM that would be willing to take him in the first, which is why he won't be wearing horns.

Plus he's a spoiled brat, rich douche bag

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sold he can make it in the NFL. His arm strength is not that great. His accuracy is not that great. He can extend plays with his feet and move around well in the pocket but makes way too many risks. To me, he's not worth higher than a mid 2nd round pick. But there will be some GM that would be willing to take him in the first, which is why he won't be wearing horns.

Plus he's a spoiled brat, rich douche bag

Those plays he makes with his feet are a whole lot harder to pull off in the NFL where many of the guys chasing him will be as fast or faster than he is.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

after watching the post game interview i'm not to sure he's coming out

duckhunter

Starter
No one even remotely compares to Fran. He'd wear out two defensive lines by halftime. You ever see so many big guys sucking wind.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I actually watched a college game last night. Saw this dude Johnny playing.

Popgun arm. Runs like Welker. NFL will eat him.

OhioRam

Rookie
I think JM will truned out to be a good pro....I see some Steve Walsh in him but Me myself Just thought the smart move is to stick
with Sam at Qb who is just fine

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Ok... How about Manziel in the second round. Imagine, Sam, Johnny, then Clemons. Sounds like a solid QB line up to me with Clemons helping Manziel out while not on the field.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like him alright. I am not sure how anyone can say he is not accurate. That is absurd. I have seen this kid throw fucking DIMES more often than anything. Great escapability and throws very well on the run. What would scare me is his size. Not his height so much as his narrow frame. Wouldn't take much to break that boy. Who cares anyway, there is ZERO percent chance the Rams draft him.