Snead: We expect to get Tavon more involved in the passing game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So many truths in this thread. I will say this though, that if Foles is that "go up and get it" quarterback, then maybe Austin really isn't the guy, not to say that Quick and Britt aren't.

Might be so but maybe not. While he likes to throw those bombs, his average throw is 7.6 yards with a 61.6 completion average and 241 yards per game. That's a lot of short throws too.

A negative is that he threw just under 2 TDs a game average. That worked for the eagles with a rushing TD a game and just under 2 field goals. If we do that too, around 25-26 PP game, with this defense? Forget about it! 21 points average can get you into the playoffs most seasons. 24 is damn near a lock.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Jones will have to prove he can A) Stay healthy, and B) himself gotten bigger and stronger.

Yep. My secret wish is that he's healthy, bigger, and stronger. Dude is smart and you want smart at center.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yep. My secret wish is that he's healthy, bigger, and stronger. Dude is smart and you want smart at center.
no disgreement from me.

But I also think that many in here are discounting Barnes. Until Jones shows he can be physical enough to play at his level, IMO, it's Barnes' job to lose.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Might be so but maybe not. While he likes to throw those bombs, his average throw is 7.6 yards with a 61.6 completion average and 241 yards per game. That's a lot of short throws too.

A negative is that he threw just under 2 TDs a game average. That worked for the eagles with a rushing TD a game and just under 2 field goals. If we do that too, around 25-26 PP game, with this defense? Forget about it! 21 points average can get you into the playoffs most seasons. 24 is damn near a lock.
I understand the natural tendency to look at his numbers from his days with the Eagles, but I think its an apples to oranges comparison. It appears that Fisher has set this team up to be a carbon copy of what Seattle has become. For all the hype and accolades Russell Wilson receives, he has the fewest pass attempts of any starting QB in each of the past 2 years.

It's not going to be about the raw numbers, for any of the receivers on this team, much less the QB. It willl be all about the being efficient and productive when they do in fact take their shots in the passing game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It seems that the Rams went the 'smart' route in the draft this year too. All of the Olinemen they drafted were regarded as intelligent on and off the field. I think that is always a good thing, especially on the Offensive line.

I prefer smart players at every position. You can avoid dumb mistakes that way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Don't sell Sasser short. I think he has a chance.

It would not shock me in the least, to see him start off in camp working with the 3's, sharing reps with Givens and Blake, but eventually moving haead of both. Givens days could and should be numbered. He doesn't bring anything specialto the group.

I would venture to say, that if Quick isn't ready, you will see a combination of Britt and Austin in most of the two WR sets.

I've watched him at Mizzou, and I didn't see anything that made him draftable. He's the kind of guy who's good at two things (size, contested catches). He can't separate from cornerbacks. He's slow. He's not a good route runner. He disappeared against big competition (his best game was against Kentucky). At times, he wasn't even the best receiver on the team (Jimmie Hunt outplayed him a lot).

Everything that he does, someone else who is currently on this team does it better. He's basically a lesser Pettis. Mizzou's wide receivers were absolutely atrocious this year, and they look even worse this year.

Of course, Maty Mauk (a.k.a., the worst quarterback who is currently existing right now) didn't help matters with his ability to suck more than everyone else combined, but aside from Marcus Murphy (who's going to dominate with the Saints) and Russell Hansbrough, there was nobody who put fear into the heart of defenses at all.