Skip Bayless on Kyler Murray

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope, I'm right.

Rams got figured out
Niners are primarily a running team, great D
BAL is a running team, (but they run their mobile QB all the time so they're kinda their own thing)
NE is balanced attack, great D.
Breese is pretty mobile actually
Jax, running team

2019 Offensive Stats
Rams - 24.6 PPG (11th), 374.9 YPG (7th), and 5.7 YPP (t11th)
Texans - 23.6 PPG (14th), 362.0 YPG (13th), and 5.7 YPP (t11th)

Would you like to reconsider that answer?

(And the rest of your analysis is either irrelevant or incorrect. Brees is mobile? Uh no.)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2019 Offensive Stats

(And the rest of your analysis is either irrelevant or incorrect. Brees is mobile? Uh no.)
jrry be like....
vxLa1po.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@SuperMan28

We'll see who gets figured out in this year's Super Bowl. We won in 2018, and we can do it again this year's Super Bowl.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2019 Offensive Stats

Nope, I'm still right.

Texans beat the Chiefs, lit up the Patriots, and won a Playoff game with a really bad defense. They had the better year.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

In all fairness, he brought up the Rams. Not me.

Stats can be misleading. Winston had the most passing yards, Dak had the best stats, but Mahomes is the QB, Lamar is the best dual threat RB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope, I'm still right.

Texans beat the Chiefs, lit up the Patriots, and won a Playoff game with a really bad defense. They had the better year.

The Rams went to the Super Bowl in 2018. So you're still swinging and missing here. If we were in a division with the Jaguars, Colts, and Titans, I guarantee you that we would have been in the playoffs. You claimed the Texans were a top offense because of Watson and took shots at the Rams (we were "figured out"). Problem with your claim is that our offense was better than the Texans's basically across the board last year (as I already demonstrated). So yeah, you're definitely wrong. But you're welcome to keep digging that hole. I wish you luck. :ROFLMAO:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
The Rams went to the Super Bowl in 2018. So you're still swinging and missing here. If we were in a division with the Jaguars, Colts, and Titans, I guarantee you that we would have been in the playoffs. You claimed the Texans were a top offense because of Watson and took shots at the Rams (we were "figured out"). Problem with your claim is that our offense was better than the Texans's basically across the board last year (as I already demonstrated). So yeah, you're definitely wrong. But you're welcome to keep digging that hole. I wish you luck. :ROFLMAO:
[/QUOTE]

That's a huge reach bringing up anything in 2018. I called my shot last summer on here saying I believed Bill Belichick found a blue print other teams would copy. That's exactly what happened. The offense hasn't been the same. But McVay is a good coach and I expect some positive adjustments to be made. I like Akers.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a huge reach bringing up anything in 2018. I called my shot last summer on here saying I believed Bill Belichick found a blue print other teams would copy. That's exactly what happened. The offense hasn't been the same. But McVay is a good coach and I expect some positive adjustments to be made. I like Akers.

No, what happened was a major regression from the OL following the loss of two veteran starters and a bunch of injuries. Even with that, our offense put the Texans's offense to shame. So for you to sit here and tell me that the Rams were figured out while you hype the Texans and Deshaun Watson is weak, bro. You're entitled to your opinions on mobile QBs and optimism on Murray, but continuing to double down on Houston/Watson is no bueno. You were wrong. Anyways, at this point, you're either trolling or too stubborn to concede the point. Either ways, I've said my part. Have a good night. :cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyways, at this point, you're either trolling or too stubborn to concede the point.
Yeah well when I read that Brees could still run it became clear that the first part of your statement was true.
Running QB are nothing new but for every Russell Wilson you have a Carson Wentz.

Back on topic, I think Murray is athletic enough to have some great individual games but too small to have any longevity.

DVontel

Rookie
Yeah well when I read that Brees could still run it became clear that the first part of your statement was true.
Running QB are nothing new but for every Russell Wilson you have a Carson Wentz.

Back on topic, I think Murray is athletic enough to have some great individual games but too small to have any longevity.
This myth that he’s more prone to injury because his of smallish frame has to stop, especially when you see the bigger guys like Wentz, Cam, & Watson have durability concerns due to them having the mindset of a RB when they take off & run.

Moving into the other lane real quick, even one of the smallest RBs ever like Darren Sproles managed to have a long & successful career.

Kyler is probably smarter than Wilson & Brees when it comes to avoiding hits.

*If* Kyler doesn’t last in this league, it’ll be because of ability, not because of durability.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This myth that he’s more prone to injury because his of smallish frame has to stop, especially when you see the bigger guys like Wentz, Cam, & Watson have durability concerns due to them having the mindset of a RB when they take off & run.

Moving into the other lane real quick, even one of the smallest RBs ever like Darren Sproles managed to have a long & successful career.

*If* Kyler doesn’t last in this league, it’ll be because of ability, not because of durability.
All good points, cant disagree.
Although I think Cam deserves more credit, he's been durable as hell. Not only took hits like an RB but also carried that team in Carolina for nearly a decade

DVontel

Rookie
All good points, cant disagree.
Although I think Cam deserves more credit, he's been durable as hell. Not only took hits like an RB but also carried that team in Carolina for nearly a decade
Yea, I probably shouldn’t have put Cam there. He’s been more hurt than actually injured in his career. Hope he finds a team, soon.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, I probably shouldn’t have put Cam there. He’s been more hurt than actually injured in his career. Hope he finds a team, soon.
I think the team that ought to sign him is Tampa Bay. It wont take long for them to realize that TB12 is washed up and cant get the ball deep. That lisfranc injury is no joke, and might be scaring teams away, but I think Cam could still be a top 10 QB even without the running element

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I think the team that ought to sign him is Tampa Bay. It wont take long for them to realize that TB12 is washed up and cant get the ball deep. That lisfranc injury is no joke, and might be scaring teams away, but I think Cam could still be a top 10 QB even without the running element
He has a top 10 arm in strength but he's nowhere near accurate enough to be a top 10 QB in today's game IMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

did you watch the game against the panthers in the opener last year? cam was missing wide open receivers all game. sure he was nicked up but some of those throws, woof. lucky for the rams he did because it could have been another version of the bucs game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Disagree on being Smarter than Wilson avoiding hits, I would give you "As Smart" but not Smarter because IMO, Wilson is simply amazing when it comes to that aspect. Also Wilson being a former baseball player and his ability to slide properly is a huge edge, but Murray has the background too.

You don't have to sell me on Murray, I love the kid and I believe being able to move around the pocket, keeping the play alive combined with the ability to get the first down with your legs is an asset, but you have to protect yourself and Francis Asbury Tarkenton was the first to accomplish that and that was well before Officials protected the Quarterbacks.
1590676807252.png