Shaun Hill of Detroit visiting Rams on Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this. I wanted Hill a couple years ago when he visited. Good backup QB. Always kicked the Rams arse.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Hill has a good arm, he's an accurate QB. I have seen him play, and he can make some throws. I doubt he'd have much trouble learning the offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Some older footage from a few years back in a SF uniform. Just ignore #88. Jedi says "that isn't the Bruce you think it is..."

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm thinking if the Rams wanted to pay the backup more than $1M, they would of kept Clemons. I was also tooting the horn to get Fitz but I wasn't thinking of his potential price tag. Hill just might be the stop gap we need for a season or even two.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Martz coached him when he was in SF so he knows the Coryell based verbiage and he's a borderline starter IMO. Got a lot of moxie and is accurate and productive. Would love him as the backup and he's much better than Clemens IMO. Fitzpatrick too. I like Fitz but he's very prone to poor decisions. Hill's pretty much the exact opposite.

fearsomefour

Legend
This great news. He is on the very short list of FA QBs I would consider. As far as a passer a very solid upgrade over Clemons in my opinion.
Get this done.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I hope this deal gets done. He seems to have better skills then Clemens does making the throws.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I like the idea of bringing in a veteran, whether it's Fitzpatrick or Hill, as long as we snag a late round QB in the draft. If we go this route though, I don't think we should keep Davis around. Having a 4th QB is a waste of a roster spot to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hill is better than Fitzpatrick IMO, no contest! Plus Ram QB Coach Frank Cignetti coached him college and as I posted previously Rams wanted him two years ago. No shocker here if he agrees to terms and is an upgrade over Clemens.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Would have no problem with Hill. Cheaper than Fitz and will throw less TO's probably if he has to come in.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm thinking if the Rams wanted to pay the backup more than $1M, they would of kept Clemons. I was also tooting the horn to get Fitz but I wasn't thinking of his potential price tag. Hill just might be the stop gap we need for a season or even two.
I would Take Hill over Fitz all day.
Hill did make over $2 last year so he may not be willing to take a big pay cut. But Hill is a better value at $1.5 M that Clemens was at $1 M or just under to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I like Fitz better. I don't like Hill but perhaps that's because I remember how bad Trent Green was when he got that old. If I remember correctly, a large part, comparatively speaking, of Hills game is his feat. Old guys=injured guys.

Maybe Fitz is too expensive.

You don't. :p Hill can move away from the rush at times but he's never been known for his feet that I can recall. He can make all the throws including the deep ball so he is an automatic upgrade from KC. I appreciated the job KC did for us last year but if we pick up Hill, our back-up QB position is in MUCH better hands IMO.

Alan

Legend
You're a footologist now?
upload_2014-3-17_14-11-33.jpeg
images

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would Take Hill over Fitz all day.
Hill did make over $2 last year so he may not be willing to take a big pay cut. But Hill is a better value at $1.5 M that Clemens was at $1 M or just under to me.
Damn i wouldn't take a paycut either. I could earn more than $2 a year sitting on my butt and searching through the couch cushions. ;)