Shaun Hill of Detroit visiting Rams on Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Free agent QB Shaun Hill of Detroit visiting Rams on Monday. Potential backup for Bradford now that Kellen Clemens has gone to San Diego.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Free agent QB Shaun Hill of Detroit visiting Rams on Monday. Potential backup for Bradford now that Kellen Clemens has gone to San Diego.

According to Martz he's the best QB ever.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I wouldn't mind if they sign him to a one year deal. Go into training camp and preseason with Bradford, Hill, Davis and a rookie or two to battle it out.

RamsFan14

Starter
This move doesn't make sense to me. Why on earth would we bring in a QB who doesn't know the offense and is in his early to mid 30's when we could have signed Clemons (who knows this offense from his years with Shotty)?

The only reason we make is move is that we save money by signing him instead of Clemons and/or they think he has more upside as a backup? Idk about this honestly... The upside might be true... Maybe... Idk if I like this move, but we do need someone.

A55VA6

Legend
Interesting. They obviously want a veteran if they're bringing this guy in. Might be able to help Sam. Honestly, I don't know too much about him, but I remember he had a decent season a few years ago when I think Stafford got hurt.

stlrams_as

UDFA
Name
Austin
I think Fitzpatrick is a much better option. Hill could be a solid backup. I would be curious how his leadership or rather teaching skills are because with Davis on the roster I would like the backup to either be so solid that if Bradford were to go down I would have faith we could still compete or be such a great teacher that Davis could learn a lot and be a little bit more serviceable as a backup. I know Hill can play a little bit, but like Alan pointed out he is getting up there in NFL years.

A55VA6

Legend
Texted my buddy who's a Lions fan and he replied "Hill should be a starter in the league. He was awesome in the times he was thrown into a starting role"

Sounds good to me, I'm interested.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hill is a little older than KC but is WAY more accurate IIRC and doesn't throw the bad INTs. I think he'd be an upgrade for about the same money as KC. I also seem to recall that he can extend plays with his legs if need be. That could just be wishful thinking though.

RamsFan14

Starter
Fitzpatrick is the best backup QB left in the market, he'll probably command the most money out of all of them. I say he's at least going to be asking for 3 mil, a steep price to pay kinda. We all hope our backup QB doesn't play, that's the ideal scenario. 3 mil might be a bit too much for this team to spend on a backup? That money could be used to fill other holes to make the team better.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've heard good things about Shaun Hill. Cant remember where i heard 'em from.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hill is a damn good QB. As far as his age, well...he has low miles. He is far more accurate than Fitzy and Clemens, so not sure why people would be upset over this. I would be very happy to have him as our backup. Best available QB in my eyes. Get it done.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well, IDK.

I don't wanna invest much more than the vet minimum so Fitz is out. I would love a guy that doesn't have CK's limitations. McCown was my favorite option but he'll be the Buccs starter next year and got a nice pay raise.

If Hill was 26-27 then I'd be all for it. Wish he wasn't that old...

I'll have to think on it some more.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hill is a damn good QB. As far as his age, well...he has low miles. He is far more accurate than Fitzy and Clemens, so not sure why people would be upset over this. I would be very happy to have him as our backup. Best available QB in my eyes. Get it done.

That's encouraging...

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Hill is a capable QB who won't in any way press Bradford as the starter.

Sounds like he meets the criteria for a back-up.

Alan

Legend
I like Fitz better. I don't like Hill but perhaps that's because I remember how bad Trent Green was when he got that old. If I remember correctly, a large part, comparatively speaking, of Hills game is his feat. Old guys=injured guys.

Maybe Fitz is too expensive.