Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He won't be a top pass rusher. That's what I've heard on Nate Tice's podcast. He's got physical limitations. Hes more likely a second round pick. Go back and read Memphis list of teams that he got his sacks from. Plus he has injury concerns and isn't a good run defender. Sounds like a first round pick to you?
Well, I'm a UCLA homer, so of course I think he is a 1st round pick. With that aside, I have already acknowledged that he is not as physically gifted as some of the other Edge prospects, but he can still bend, and has the best counter moves of any of them ; the most refined of them all. And, it's not just me who thinks that ...
The following sources also think he is a mid-first round talent.... their overall rating listed
CBS - Josh Edwards (11)
The Athletic- Dane Brugler (9)
Daniel Jeremiah (21)
PFF (18)
Fox Sports- Rob Rang (22)
Sporting News - Vinny Iyer (12)
Draft Countdown - (9)
Tankathon (11)
The Huddle Report (10)
BNB - Brady Balhorn (11)
ProFootballNetwork (16)
NFL Draft Buzz (8)
The Draft Wire (10)
The Draft Network (11)
Mel KIper (15)
The Messenger- Mike Renner (15)
Turf Show Times (8)
Bleacher Report (10)
....................... I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
......................................................................................................................................
Short video clip from Trevor Sikema showing one of LAau's Reps during the Senior Bowl ; shows how fast he transitions to a counter move

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, I'm a UCLA homer, so of course I think he is a 1st round pick. With that aside, I have already acknowledged that he is not as physically gifted as some of the other Edge prospects, but he can still bend, and has the best counter moves of any of them ; the most refined of them all. And, it's not just me who thinks that ...
The following sources also think he is a mid-first round talent.... their overall rating listed
CBS - Josh Edwards (11)
The Athletic- Dane Brugler (9)
Daniel Jeremiah (21)
PFF (18)
Fox Sports- Rob Rang (22)
Sporting News - Vinny Iyer (12)
Draft Countdown - (9)
Tankathon (11)
The Huddle Report (10)
BNB - Brady Balhorn (11)
ProFootballNetwork (16)
NFL Draft Buzz (8)
The Draft Wire (10)
The Draft Network (11)
Mel KIper (15)
The Messenger- Mike Renner (15)
Turf Show Times (8)
Bleacher Report (10)
....................... I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
......................................................................................................................................
Short video clip from Trevor Sikema showing one of LAau's Reps during the Senior Bowl ; shows how fast he transitions to a counter move
No offense intended.

I'm a Penn State Alumni. I don't think Chop Robinson is a first rounder. It has nothing to do with my fandom. I think Alt is a better OLT than Fashanu. I try to be realistic.

Remember that its still early. Latu is not expected to test well at the combine. We are a long ways from the draft and rankings tend to change over the next few months. What he has going for him is his positional value, in a thin edge draft.

I hope the Rams can sign an established pass rusher in free agency.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Despite any potential physical limitations, if he checks out medically, I'd take him at #19. The man either lead or was second in the NCAA in pressures the past two seasons, has some quickness, and I simply can't recall another EDGE rusher so technically sound coming out of college.
He's not technically sound against the run. The Niners pounded the Rams over left tackle for years. I don't want to go back to being weak on the edges. I really hope that they sign a free agent instead of drafting a rookie at that position.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Without a doubt. But in this instance I feel like he has to get outside his comfort zone and find an X type to complement the two possession studs he already has.

Any idea on what his 40 time range will be?
I totally will disagree as of now with The Rams drafting a WR.

Demarcus Robinson is a stud The Rams need to resign.He really helped open things up.He’s a veteran WR that has a lot of value.Plus Tutu Atwell totally stepped up in 2023 . 2024 should be an amazing season for him if he continues what he does in the offseasons .He’s still only 24.

I guess right now not knowing if Robinson is coming back then you do need to plan ahead.Kupp in some senses is on his last knee or ankle ? He came into training camp already a step slow & just gets beat up easy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There are 4 or 5 speculated 1st round CB I'd love. Him, Wiggins, DeJean, Arnold and McKinstry add in Rakestraw from Mizzou and there's some CB talent for sure.
Dejean or Arnold would be a nice fit for The Rams.It’s such a need.

I like this Snead from KC as a FA.His value is going to shot up after the Super Bowl.He’s been a big part of there defense.

Sean Mcvay has valued the CB position,it’s just they haven’t been able to draft a solid CB under Mcvay.He went all in with Jalen & his first season had to use the franchise for a 2nd time on Tru Johnson out of desperation.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I’ve seen a lot of Latu the past couple years. I question his impact in the NFL. I’d be disappointed if we took him at 19. Better options imo
Well, I'd guess we don't even have the option at #19. If medicals check out, he will likely be gone by our pick. IMO, he is the best technical pass rusher with the most moves and, while he might not be the most athletic of the group, he has this burst when he is bearing down that can't be taught.
He's not technically sound against the run. The Niners pounded the Rams over left tackle for years. I don't want to go back to being weak on the edges. I really hope that they sign a free agent instead of drafting a rookie at that position.
I think this is the route we go. I think the top 3 edge prospects have a very high chance of going before our pick (Turner, Latu, Verse). I think there is a rather large drop off after them. I really like Trice but I don't like him in our system, provided we play something similar to what we did last year. Having Trice drop back like Hoecht doesn't sound like much of an improvement. I'd spend my FA money getting a effective vet Edge. There will certainly be a good CB for us at #19 and the FA class for CB is not going to be great.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A lot of great posts in this thread.
I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

I don’t get to watch much college ball, so getting familiarized with some of these players is enjoyable.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Listening to the media draftniks, I'm not so sure he won't make it to # 19.

I'm hearing that he's not going to work out as well as some of the others, still may have medical questions, some question his length and the competition for which he's had success.

Lake was his HC at Washington & didn’t allow him to play after his injury. Sort of crazy how well he did as a Bruin

Memphis Ram

Legend

I'm not so sure he's all that weak vs. the run.

I'm not opposed to the Rams signing a free agent AND drafting Latu if he fell to #19 and a better option isn't available. Quality pass rushers are hard to find, and I'd love to seem the team being able to send them in waves at offenses.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'm not opposed to the Rams signing a free agent AND drafting Latu if he fell to #19 and a better option isn't available. Quality pass rushers are hard to find, and I'd love to seem the team being able to send them in waves at offenses.

It would help our pass defense as well. I'm for it, especially if Latu is a better player than Agent Zero. I don't see many other edge rushers later in the draft (particularly with a second or third) that I'd see as a definite upgrade over a free agent (Jonah Elliss and Chris Braswell, Chop Robinson, maybe, if he falls?).

We'd probably have to draft a corner, though, and I don't feel that there are many good ones after the first round in this class. Kris Abrams-Draine is the only one I really trust after I've watched a bit (and I'm admittedly biased): T.J. Tampa fits Seattle's system more than ours, Kalen King looked really bad at the Senior Bowl, D.J. James is rail-thin (164 lbs., last time I checked).

Latu would be a golden opportunity, but if it were up to me and we couldn't trade down (if we did, Rakestraw Jr. would be my choice; again, I'm biased.), it would be Quinyon Mitchell with #19.

EDIT: I know I'm rambling all over the computer screen, apologies, Memphis. Basically trying to say that I'd love to get Latu, but my first choice would be Mitchell, given the lackluster depth in the cornerback class in both the draft and free agency.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It would help our pass defense as well. I'm for it, especially if Latu is a better player than Agent Zero. I don't see many other edge rushers later in the draft (particularly with a second or third) that I'd see as a definite upgrade over a free agent (Jonah Elliss and Chris Braswell, Chop Robinson, maybe, if he falls?).

We'd probably have to draft a corner, though, and I don't feel that there are many good ones after the first round in this class. Kris Abrams-Draine is the only one I really trust after I've watched a bit (and I'm admittedly biased): T.J. Tampa fits Seattle's system more than ours, Kalen King looked really bad at the Senior Bowl, D.J. James is rail-thin (164 lbs., last time I checked).

Latu would be a golden opportunity, but if it were up to me and we couldn't trade down (if we did, Rakestraw Jr. would be my choice; again, I'm biased.), it would be Quinyon Mitchell with #19.

EDIT: I know I'm rambling all over the computer screen, apologies, Memphis. Basically trying to say that I'd love to get Latu, but my first choice would be Mitchell, given the lackluster depth in the cornerback class in both the draft and free agency.
That's where we disagree. Methinks the CB is one of the deepest positions in this draft class.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That's where we disagree. Methinks the CB is one of the deepest positions in this draft class.

Disagree with that. I think it's top heavy (first seven are good, but even then, I have problems with McKinstry and Lassiter), then it really falls off and doesn't look good (hence the quote that I only really trust KAD and possibly Rakestraw if he falls out of the first round like I think he will - and should.) out of all of the second day corners). It's got interesting players late, but I don't think it's as talented or even remotely as deep as other classes have been; there's no one dominant corner other than Mitchell or, maybe, DeJean (I don't count KAD or Rakestraw amongst that, especially Rakestraw; I have absolutely zero idea why he's getting first round buzz and KAD isn't, and this is coming from a girl who loves Rakestraw; he's been injured a lot and doesn't have the ideal ball skills that KAD has).

Memphis Ram

Legend
Disagree with that. I think it's top heavy (first seven are good, but even then, I have problems with McKinstry and Lassiter), then it really falls off and doesn't look good (hence the quote that I only really trust KAD and possibly Rakestraw if he falls out of the first round like I think he will - and should.) out of all of the second day corners). It's got interesting players late, but I don't think it's as talented or even remotely as deep as other classes have been; there's no one dominant corner other than Mitchell or, maybe, DeJean (I don't count KAD or Rakestraw amongst that, especially Rakestraw; I have absolutely zero idea why he's getting first round buzz and KAD isn't, and this is coming from a girl who loves Rakestraw; he's been injured a lot and doesn't have the ideal ball skills that KAD has).

We will have to agree to disagree. I lean toward the Rams selecting 2 or 3 CBs in this draft class and I'm intrigued by the likes of Louisville's Jarvis Brownlee, Tennessee's Kamal Hadden, both Jamal Jones (slot) and Renardo Green from Florida State, Cam Hart from Notre Dame, Kyree Jackson from Oregon, and a few others.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I agree. I'm not sure where this comes from about being weak against the Run. Here are the rankings from PFF for Edge rushers .... Latu's run defense has a rating of 82. There are only 3 other players with a higher rating and isn't by much... a point or two. In addition, people don't realize how good he is in coverage also. His Coverage rating is almost as high as his Pass Rush

1707272394363.png

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I have to agree with Memphis. I think some of the corners are not being talked about because there are many of them.

Renardo Green (Florida St) was shutting down receivers at the Shrine game practices. Great size, 6'0"-188 lbs ; 4.35/40
28% forced incompletion rate ; 17 PBU's
Cam Hart - (Notre Dame) 6'2" - 207 ; played good press coverage at the Senior Bowl ; is also great in Zone coverage, which I like
Mike Sainristil (Michigan) 5'10 - 180 Looks like a slot corner but has played all over the back field for Michigan. Can play press-man or sit back in zone. Great open field tackler and can lay the wood considering his weight. I think he is one of the best football players in the draft and included him in my Mock
Jarvis Brownlee (Louiseville) 5'11" - 185 Was all over the field during Senior Bowl week ... was one of the more talked about corners not named Mitchell.
Kamal Hadden (Tennessee) great size ...6'1" - 195 absolute shutdown Corner..... QB's had a rating of 10 when targeting Hadden.
Dwight McGlothern (Arkansas) another big corner ; 6'2" - 190 one the highest graded CB's by PFF ; 91 pass coverage grade ; over the last 2 seasons has 19 PBU's & 7 INT's

All the above should excel in the Rams Zone / off coverage scheme with a couple of them already being proficient in Press
I would take any of the combination of players above in any round between 2-4
I do not see a drop off from the players being talked about on the First round

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
We will have to agree to disagree. I lean toward the Rams selecting 2 or 3 CBs in this draft class and I'm intrigued by the likes of Louisville's Jarvis Brownlee, Tennessee's Kamal Hadden, both Jamal Jones (slot) and Renardo Green from Florida State, Cam Hart from Notre Dame, Kyree Jackson from Oregon, and a few others.
Ha ..... I just posted almost the same list of Corners
I do not see any reason to draft a CB in the First round this year. The drop off is @ OT and Edge.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have to agree with Memphis. I think some of the corners are not being talked about because there are many of them.

Renardo Green (Florida St) was shutting down receivers at the Shrine game practices. Great size, 6'0"-188 lbs ; 4.35/40
28% forced incompletion rate ; 17 PBU's
Cam Hart - (Notre Dame) 6'2" - 207 ; played good press coverage at the Senior Bowl ; is also great in Zone coverage, which I like
Mike Sainristil (Michigan) 5'10 - 180 Looks like a slot corner but has played all over the back field for Michigan. Can play press-man or sit back in zone. Great open field tackler and can lay the wood considering his weight. I think he is one of the best football players in the draft and included him in my Mock
Jarvis Brownlee (Louiseville) 5'11" - 185 Was all over the field during Senior Bowl week ... was one of the more talked about corners not named Mitchell.
Kamal Hadden (Tennessee) great size ...6'1" - 195 absolute shutdown Corner..... QB's had a rating of 10 when targeting Hadden.
Dwight McGlothern (Arkansas) another big corner ; 6'2" - 190 one the highest graded CB's by PFF ; 91 pass coverage grade ; over the last 2 seasons has 19 PBU's & 7 INT's

All the above should excel in the Rams Zone / off coverage scheme with a couple of them already being proficient in Press
I would take any of the combination of players above in any round between 2-4
I do not see a drop off from the players being talked about on the First round

Again, I see problems with all of them that prevent me from wanting to take them on Day 2 (and I specifically said Day 2). Hadden absolutely looked great from what I've seen, but has very real injury concerns, and I wouldn't go higher than a fifth for him. Sainristil is smaller than even KAD, and I don't see him as a boundary corner, which we desperately need. Not a fan of Hart; he's way too grabby for my liking, and he will get flagged a lot in the NFL. Green was solid at the Shrine, I will admit that, but only one interception in his career is no bueno for me. Brownlee was impressive at the Senior Bowl, but last year, he didn't really get a lot of PBUs (five. Five PBUs in total in 2023 - and that's including interceptions). I want more ballhawking skills out of my corners, and Brownlee didn't do that. McGlothern looks good and could be a late fifth/early sixth. Played for a really bad Arkansas team and did well.

I do not see any of them as what we need (an elite boundary cornerback like what Ramsey was for us; a mix of both ballhawk, physicality, and cover-corner. Yes, they very well could be taken between 2-4, but I wouldn't go that high for any of them.

To me...to me, that means you pick an elite cornerback at #19 if you can't trade down or you pick one of the Mizzou corners in Round 2 (unless Rakestraw goes higher than I feel he should). To me, that's Quinyon Mitchell. I'm flip-flopping on DeJean and Arnold, so they could be that as well.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Ha ..... I just posted almost the same list of Corners
I do not see any reason to draft a CB in the First round this year. The drop off is @ OT and Edge.
I do. If the organization believes one to be the best player available, I'd hope they select that player.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I want more ballhawking skills out of my corners, and Brownlee didn't do that. McGlothern looks good and could be a late fifth/early sixth. Played for a really bad Arkansas team and did well.
Yes, I also would like to see some ball hawks. A consensus top 5 first round ( DeJean, McKinstry, Wiggins, T Arnold & Q MItchell) have a total of 10 INT'S & 46 PBU's between them. My Five ( Sainristill, McGlothern, Hadden, Green & Brownlee) had a combined 14 INT's & 37 PBU'S . The Ball production is as good as those projected to go higher.
Sainristil is smaller than even KAD, and I don't see him as a boundary corner, which we desperately need.
I would not play Sainristil on the boundary. He would play inside covering the slot, covering shorter depth crossing routes and check downs. He would almost be the extra Safety on the field in nickle and dime packages. Great football player..... pound for pound one of toughest guys on Defense. Similar size to Tre Tomlinson but without the penalties.... and he would be drafted in addition to drafting or trading for Boundary CB(s)
I do not see any of them as what we need (an elite boundary cornerback like what Ramsey was for us; a mix of both ballhawk, physicality, and cover-corner. Yes, they very well could be taken between 2-4, but I wouldn't go that high for any of them.
Maybe we each define Elite differently. I see some great CB's but I wouldn't consider them Elite. Also, The Rams will continue to play mostly Zone, off-man coverage with some press coverage mixed in. If you mean physicality at the LOS, I don't think that's going to happen much. I am more concerned with how physical and competitive they are when the ball arrives.

Not trying to change your opinion as much as I am explaining mine in more detail... I would be surprised if the Rams drafted a CB in the First round, but if they did, I would be happy with Cooper DeJean or Quinyon Mitchell.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I do. If the organization believes one to be the best player available, I'd hope they select that player.

The beauty of a first rd pick which imo is underrated is The 5th year.Anytime you can add a extra season to a franchise player the better it is for your cap.

I think it gets overlooked,but the Negative is if you miss on that pick.

We as Ram Fans can look at a Greg Robinson & then image not having a 2nd Top 1st.rd pick not having AD99!!!

Jeff Fisher was a JOKE!! He had a Super Bowl roster.