Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I agree that the conference was competitive. The point the draftnik made was in regard to his sack numbers and who he was actually winning against.

When I looked it up, 7 of his 13 sacks came against Coastal Carolina, San Diego State, and Colorado who had a horrible Oline. Going by the highlights, the sack vs. Arizona was against a TE. And I watched the USC game where he got one vs. an inexperienced guard.

That coupled with him not necessarily being lights out during Senior Bowl practices and potential medical concern, makes me think there a good chance he's still on the board at #19.
Thanks for the explanation. So, maybe his production is overblown. On a positive note, he seemed to have had a good day 3 today at the Senior Bowl

I am still high on trading back and going for Chris Braswell.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd definitely take Brenden Rice highly. Guarantee you the Whiners are thinking the exact same thing.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Who's Ian Cummings and why would he list Adisa Isaac over Laitu Latu?
I’ve no idea who he is, but he’s expressing his opinion. Everything I’ve read about Latu has been excellent, although he didn’t participate on Thursday, but maybe this Ian bloke has seen something he really likes in Isaac.

Agree with you that some explanations would be helpful.

Last edited:

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I would love to get Latu. Feels like he should be gone but damn he'd be a nice addition.
Yeah, I would love for him to drop to the Rams. It may be possible. He didn't dominate as much as I thought he would in 1-on-1's this week and he still has the Medical probing to go through at the Combine. Some teams may back off if there are any concerns about his neck.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Imagine if both Latu and Mitchell/DeJean/your preferred CB were both still on the board at 19.

That would be one tough decision to make.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the list of the best of the week at practices. A lot of people have said Latu hasn't looked good this week at all.

methomas50

UDFA
Couple things i have read: Jets lusting after Fuaga at 10. He wont get to us. OTOH Michael Penix could drop all the way to round 3 FWIW.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’ve seen a lot of Latu the past couple years. I question his impact in the NFL. I’d be disappointed if we took him at 19. Better options imo

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am a big Latu fan (UCLA is my team).... it is true there are other edge rushers that are more athletically gifted so he will not compete with them. However, I question the competition concern. The PAC-12 had 7 teams in the TOP 25 for most of the season. I think it was one of the most competitive conferences in the country.
Some think Latu is physically maxed out, and he used technique to win in college. Those types rarely translate well to the NFL. The Rams have a Safety like that and he was a late round pick.
Shame about Rasheen Ali (RB, Marshall). I thought he'd make an interesting seventh round pick, but he tore his biceps. He has very real injury concerns, but he's a dynamic back who is just as explosive as Gurley was. Wouldn't mind picking him up as an undrafted free agent.
I will give a shameless plug for a PSU player that may be a good late round pick. Johnny Dixon was a good corner for PSU. He’s very got good instincts. He’s a very good blitzer. So, unless they do what they did with Ramsey, I’m guessing McVay won’t pick him.
Isaac is a good DE prospect. He was productive in college against Big Ten Olines. He plays both the run and pass well. Latu has physical limitations. See above.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Some think Latu is physically maxed out, and he used technique to win in college. Those types rarely translate well to the NFL.
So, a guy that along with his ability to convert speed to power, also has an assortment of pass rush moves along with having a plan on each attempt, along with being the most productive Edge (per PFF) is not going to translate to the NFl?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, a guy that along with his ability to convert speed to power, also has an assortment of pass rush moves along with having a plan on each attempt, along with being the most productive Edge (per PFF) is not going to translate to the NFl?
He won't be a top pass rusher. That's what I've heard on Nate Tice's podcast. He's got physical limitations. Hes more likely a second round pick. Go back and read Memphis list of teams that he got his sacks from. Plus he has injury concerns and isn't a good run defender. Sounds like a first round pick to you?

Chop Robinson is the same way. He was elite in college but he's physically limited in the pro game. I don't want the Rams to pick either. There will be better players available at 19.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He won't be a top pass rusher. That's what I've heard on Nate Tice's podcast. He's got physical limitations. Hes more likely a second round pick. Go back and read Memphis list of teams that he got his sacks from. Plus he has injury concerns and isn't a good run defender. Sounds like a first round pick to you?

Chop Robinson is the same way. He was elite in college but he's physically limited in the pro game. I don't want the Rams to pick either. There will be better players available at 19.

Despite any potential physical limitations, if he checks out medically, I'd take him at #19. The man either lead or was second in the NCAA in pressures the past two seasons, has some quickness, and I simply can't recall another EDGE rusher so technically sound coming out of college.