Second "impact" draft in a row.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
It would be hard to beat last year's draft....5 starters and Desjuan Johnson...

But this is looking to be a solid draft as well...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest wish with the last 2 drafts was that AD could have played with these very good young front 7 guys.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Love what we've seen from Limmer so far but would like to see him string together two more good preseason showings before anointing him anything.

Now Whitington 1st showing in preseason is a little different as he just put an exclamation mark on everything we've heard about him from OTAs, to camp to now.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Limmer makes me wonder if we could have utilized the Jonah Jackson money elsewhere….
I was not over the moon with the acquisition of Jackson from the start and posted my trepidations. I just didn’t like the idea of rewarding Dotson after a career season (as a Ram) only to give Jackson MORE $$ to come on board.
Throw in his injury history and coming in banged up…

As long as Jackson is on the roster I will be rooting for him to regain both his health and excellent play. That being said, I was all in on leaving Avila at RG and drafting a Center. There were some good prospects who would be an available when the Rams picked. Catching Limmer so late was fortunate.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Limmer makes me wonder if we could have utilized the Jonah Jackson money elsewhere….
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Not sure about Jonah Jackson; he seems rather injury prone to me.

And I know Les and Sean didn't know if Logan Bruss or Beau Limmer could play at a high level but after their performances in the Cowboys game it's making the J. Jackson signing look a bit superfluous.

Hopefully he stays healthy and productive and justifies his contract for this year.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was impressed by the Rams O-Line on Sunday. Across-the-Board. Have posted several times in the past two days that I think Beaux Limmer looks like an NFL player.

However, I can only name one Dallas D-Lineman (Mazi Smith because he was a huge disappointment last year as a rookie but may need to start this year) and one Linebacker (DeMarvion Overshown because he missed 2023 with an injury and is expected to contribute this year) they played against.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, as excited as I am about Limmer and Bruss possibly panning out, they have not played meaningfully in the NFL regular season as has Dotson and J Jackson. I've read some of you being unsure of moving Avila from LG to Center, but then we're sorry about retaining two veteran linemen, one of which played extremely well for us last year?
We need a good stable Oline on which Matthew Stafford and Kyren can depend. Back up depth is a good thing!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Well, as excited as I am about Limmer and Bruss possibly panning out, they have not played meaningfully in the NFL regular season as has Dotson and J Jackson. I've read some of you being unsure of moving Avila from LG to Center, but then we're sorry about retaining two veteran linemen, one of which played extremely well for us last year?
We need a good stable Oline on which Matthew Stafford and Kyren can depend. Back up depth is a good thing!
Agreed. Sometimes an "insurance policy" player can be expensive, but very, very necessary... I for one am glad we got J Jackson, paying for a position that guards your aging QB is worth it, imho. If he rides the bench all season, great -- it's kinda like that disability insurance you pay for but thankfully have never had to use.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Agreed. Sometimes an "insurance policy" player can be expensive, but very, very necessary... I for one am glad we got J Jackson, paying for a position that guards your aging QB is worth it, imho. If he rides the bench all season, great -- it's kinda like that disability insurance you pay for but thankfully have never had to use.
Stafford's gotten too banged up the past couple years, and really his career. He deserves premier protection at this point. (Not to mention a subsequent premier running attack to protect him even further.)

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Gonna call it early.
This Rams draft class will be another very impactful class.. from top, to bottom.. well.. very bottom, we'll see.. but close!!

Verse and Fiske will be starters from game one and I have high expectations for them and nothing I've seen/read dissuades me from that.

Corum was the perfect running back for them to draft. Again.. all signs pointing to this being another pick they nailed.

Kamren Kinchens just looks like a baller.. all the practice stuff looks great and he seems to get it, immediately. He'll see the field a ton.. even if he's the third or 4th safety.

Brennan Jackson.. dealing with a little nick.. but he's gonna be an excellent 4th rusher.

Tyler Davis.. showed *plenty* in his first game, PFF score be damned. He showed some great recognition and solid explosion. A guy who will get snaps this year, for sure.

Joshua Karty... It's so nice to not worry about the kicking game!

Jordan Whittington... Nice!! Just a solid, solid football player who will contribute in many ways.. and make some plays at WR.

Beaux Limier looks like he'll play in this league to me.

KT is hurt, so, we'll see.

Looks to me like two day-one starters.. followed by two guys who are or will be starter-level players by end of year.. followed by guys who look like they can be solid rotation guys by the end of the year.. plus a kicker and Oline depth.

I love it. This organization knows what it wants in players.
My son works with a guy who is Miami alum and big football fan of the U. After the draft he told my son that he will love Kinchens... He feels the kid will be a heck of an NFL player. Just anecdotal, but so far it looks like he is made of the right stuff to be a playmaker.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Early yes, but it’s never too early for optimism and player’s are trending the right direction.
It would have a tremendous impact on this franchise moving forward if we get 3 or 4 future impact player.

Verse, Fiske, Kitchens and hopefully Corum seem to be on the proper trajectory.

Whittington & Davis showing early promise against lesser competition.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My biggest wish with the last 2 drafts was that AD could have played with these very good young front 7 guys.
Yeah, the lack of high picks created a strategy of just adding mid and late rounders around Donald in terms of draft picks. Sure, they did add vets like Suh, Floyd, and Miller ocer the years, but draft wise, they counted on Donald carrying that unit.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FA is before the draft. They had no idea Limmer would be sitting there in the 6th. I think many talking heads had him in the 4th.
Exactly. As it is.. if he's the real deal, they can figure something out at some point. Maybe there's a trade.. maybe someone is cut three years down the road and he's moved in.
It would be a good problem to have.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would be hard to beat last year's draft....5 starters and Desjuan Johnson...

But this is looking to be a solid draft as well...
I agree with that.. especially since they didn't have a first last year.
And.. man.. Puka and Turner alone would've made last year a big draft.. not just two really good starters.. two stars.

We'll see what comes of these guys.. but I do think Verse and Fiske can be stars.. and I get the feeling Kinchens may be a flat-out baller as well.

Again.. it's just great to see a team know who they want to be and draft accordingly. Tough, mature players.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let's not forget some other impact players from last year's draft and the draft before that that have noticeably improved.

2022 - Russ Yeast and Quentin Lake are starters or at least have been starters. Kyren Williams has been an absolute revelation as a fifth round pick. If Cobie Durant bounces back, that's another huge addition to our secondary. And Logan Bruss - Logan Bruss, whom everyone counted out - is finally healthy and helped tear the Dallas front seven a new asshole. If he finally shows his potential, this could be an extremely good draft that's finally showing its fangs. It does take at least three years to truly settle in the NFL and show what you are. Maybe a healthy Bruss can be the player we and the Rams scouts dreamed about when we took him. (And...I guess Derion Kendrick is Derion Kendrick...)

2023 - Nick Hampton looks vastly improved, Davis Allen and Desjuan Johnson were steals, Warren McClendon looks solid, and possibly Tre'Vious Hodges-Tomlinson, Zach Evans, and Jason Taylor II could all see real time, if only on special teams and occasional snaps. Add in the five starters (Kobie Turner, Byron Young, Puka Nacua, Steve Avila, and Ethan Evans), and our lone UDFA long snapper (Alex Ward), and we're sitting really pretty with last year's draft.

2024 - Jared Verse, Braden Fiske, Brennan Jackson, and Tyler Davis to add to the front seven (in addition to Omar Speights as an UDFA), Beaux Limmer and K.T. Leveston to add to the offensive line depth, Kamren Kinchens and a whole lot of undrafted rookies in the secondary, Joshua Karty to solve our kicking woes, and Blake Corum and Jordan Whittington as important skill positions players. Add in the multiple UDFAs we took that could see real time on our practice squad, and that's already a fantastic draft.

All of those players I mentioned - draft picks alone - are basically a little more than half of our roster. That is a huge win for our scouting department and proves that we are at least one of the best in the business nowadays, if not the best.