scotch question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Final glass of Glenmorangie bottle. Watching game 9 … loss to the Titans … the officiating is bad… so much laundry on the field… and Rams can only beat the bottom feeders apparently…

I may try a scotch I haven’t tried before for my next bottle … Balvenie any good ?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Final glass of Glenmorangie bottle. Watching game 9 … loss to the Titans … the officiating is bad… so much laundry on the field… and Rams can only beat the bottom feeders apparently…

I may try a scotch I haven’t tried before for my next bottle … Balvenie any good ?

Which Balvenie do you have?

I've been on the hunt for Springbank this week - they don't release a lot of it and it is very hard to get a hold of.

TK42-RAM

I've been on the hunt for Springbank this week - they don't release a lot of it and it is very hard to get a hold of.

I was going to pick up this after work tonight ...

shopping

I just did a quick search for Springbank -- seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment. :wow2:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

shopping

I just did a quick search for Springbank -- seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment. :wow2:

That's a nice dram, enjoy!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

So having moaned all week that I couldn't get any Springbank I got some today. Spent about £250 on 4 bottles and they're immediately worth 4x that because of scarcity. I'll keep them for a while and see what the market does, but if I end up drinking these ones I'll be VERY happy.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Need a recommendation for a gift. My father enjoys Balvenie 12 doublewood. What is another suggestion for a similar peated (mild to medium) scotch?

TK42-RAM

Need a recommendation for a gift. My father enjoys Balvenie 12 doublewood. What is another suggestion for a similar peated (mild to medium) scotch?

aberlour-5661fcea3df78ce1619441a7.jpg

I can recommend the Aberlour 15 - it's another Speyside single malt - differs from the Balvenie 12 (which I am enjoying at the moment) - maybe a stronger flavour?

@ScotsRam may have some more ideas on the subject. Well ... I am sure he does. And will be able to describe the differences better may I add. :sunglasses:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Couple of suggestions -

Glenfiddich 15 year old Solera
Glenfarclas 15 year old
Clynelish 14 year old
Anything from Tobermory or Glengoyne

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
aberlour-5661fcea3df78ce1619441a7.jpg

I can recommend the Aberlour 15 - it's another Speyside single malt - differs from the Balvenie 12 (which I am enjoying at the moment) - maybe a stronger flavour?

@ScotsRam may have some more ideas on the subject. Well ... I am sure he does. And will be able to describe the differences better may I add. :sunglasses:

The Aberlour is a lovely drop too - but very sherry cask influenced. Check he enjoys sherry cask before considering one like this - the doublewood is a little more subtle than the Aberlour because the doublewood is aged in bourbon and sherry casks instead of just sherry cask.

Bourbon casks will be slightly more subtle with vanilla notes. Sherry casks produce more of those dried fruits type notes.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Couple of suggestions -

Glenfiddich 15 year old Solera
Glenfarclas 15 year old
Clynelish 14 year old
Anything from Tobermory or Glengoyne
Thanks for the suggestions @ScotsRam and @TK42-RAM ! Based on your recommendations, I believe the most comparable to Doublewood that are slightly different would be the Aberlour or the Clynelish after reading some reviews. Both have different expressions and varieties available in limited quantities at my local Total Wine. Cheers!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

shopping

It's back in stock at my local Total Wine

TK42-RAM

.. I'm onto the BenRiach 10 at the moment , not enjoying it as much unfortunately. May be too sweet?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Thanks for the suggestions @ScotsRam and @TK42-RAM ! Based on your recommendations, I believe the most comparable to Doublewood that are slightly different would be the Aberlour or the Clynelish after reading some reviews. Both have different expressions and varieties available in limited quantities at my local Total Wine. Cheers!
Went with the Aberlour and my father loved it. Good suggestions!

TK42-RAM

Anyone going to purchase a bottle of Talisker 44 ?

With just shy of 2,000 bottles available, Talisker 44-Year-Old: Forests of the Deep Single malt Scotch whisky is available globally later this month, retailing at £3,800 pounds, or approximately $4,750.