scotch question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Going to try a Glenmorangie tonight ... will report back after a few tastings ..

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm certainly no expert, I find it easier to get good scotch in the States vs (good) Irish whiskey for whatever reason, but if you can find Redbreast or Knappogue Castle, those are some of my go-to's back home.. The Connor stuff is pure shite.

For scotch I usually go with Glenfiddich or Glenmorangie, easier to find in the states for sure.

Always neat.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Love this thread.

Just got into Whiskey at age 45 which is both good and bad. Bummed that it took me so long to get into it.

Strongly prefer it neat but will drink an old fashioned if you twist my arm.

Love scotch, bourbon, Irish whiskey. Have yet to try something smoky. I would say Ardbeg Uigeadail is next on my list.

Had a pour of Glenfiddich 12 yesterday and loved it.

Have a small collection going. Scotches, Glenmorangie Original, Glenlivet 12, Arberlour 18. Bourbons, Buffalo Trace, Makers 46. Irish, have a Redbreast 12.

Since I'm so new to whiskey there a many I can't wait to try.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@rdw warning on Ardbeg. It has an acquired taste as it is heavy peat and has strong notes of charcoal filter similar to Jack Daniels. But if you enjoy that kind of smokiness, props and enjoy.

rdw

Pro Bowler
@rdw warning on Ardbeg. It has an acquired taste as it is heavy peat and has strong notes of charcoal filter similar to Jack Daniels. But if you enjoy that kind of smokiness, props and enjoy.
Hey @FaulkSF thanks for the pointer.
I'm intrigued by the concept. I hope I like it as that will open up an entire category of scotch for me to enjoy..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I realize this is a scotch thread, but anyone else like 12yr old El Dorado? It’s a rum with whiskey notes. One of my favourites.

t2421082ys.png

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Going to be opening an EXTREMELY good bottle of scotch if Scotland win vs Engalnd today.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mitchers is a very good one. I'm a big fan of a couple others in the same price range like Redemption especially their wheated reserve or Calumet. Want to go a little pricier you can get some Blanton's. Last night I was enjoying some of that Redemption wheated actually.
So no Kentucky Gentlemen? If you wanna get uppitty with bourbon, get some Makers Mark

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Perfect Birthday?
*Two Movies: "The Bridge on the River Kwai" and "The Dirty Dozen."
*Turf & Turf: 16 Oz T-Bone and a 24 oz Portherhouse
*Bottle of Lagavulin Single Malt scotch
* A box of Davidoff Winston Churchill The Late Hour cigars.
* Another fling with ex-wife Tammy II

~ @Neil039

ryh5xuO.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My Perfect Birthday?
*Two Movies: "The Bridge on the River Kwai" and "The Dirty Dozen."
*Turf & Turf: 16 Oz T-Bone and a 24 oz Portherhouse
*Bottle of Lagavulin Single Malt scotch
* A box of Davidoff Winston Churchill The Late Hour cigars.
* Another fling with ex-wife Tammy II

~ @Neil039
I just did all those things today!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Love this thread.

Just got into Whiskey at age 45 which is both good and bad. Bummed that it took me so long to get into it.

Strongly prefer it neat but will drink an old fashioned if you twist my arm.

Love scotch, bourbon, Irish whiskey. Have yet to try something smoky. I would say Ardbeg Uigeadail is next on my list.

Had a pour of Glenfiddich 12 yesterday and loved it.

Have a small collection going. Scotches, Glenmorangie Original, Glenlivet 12, Arberlour 18. Bourbons, Buffalo Trace, Makers 46. Irish, have a Redbreast 12.

Since I'm so new to whiskey there a many I can't wait to try.
If you want another new avenue to explore, check out some Japanese whiskeys. They are getting really good at it. I bought both of the bottles in the pic last time I was over there with my wife (she's a native), and they are both really good. Actually, the one on the left is beyond really good, it's just un-fucking-godly good.

I've seen that bottle here in the states, although it was a little pricey, about $50, but it's an import so that's to be expected. It was obviously much cheaper in Japan, but it's good enough that it's worth parting with the extra $$$. There are others as well, and I would definitely recommend checking out a number of them.

IMG_4503.JPG

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If you want another new avenue to explore, check out some Japanese whiskeys. They are getting really good at it. I bought both of the bottles in the pic last time I was over there with my wife (she's a native), and they are both really good. Actually, the one on the left is beyond really good, it's just un-fucking-godly good.

I've seen that bottle here in the states, although it was a little pricey, about $50, but it's an import so that's to be expected. It was obviously much cheaper in Japan, but it's good enough that it's worth parting with the extra $$$. There are others as well, and I would definitely recommend checking out a number of them.

View attachment 45999

I have a bottle of the mars maltage Cosmo in my collection. Doesnt have to be scotch to be good. That's a tremendous dram.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'll get a few pics of my collection up for you guys in a hot minute.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have a bottle of the mars maltage Cosmo in my collection. Doesnt have to be scotch to be good. That's a tremendous dram.

Although the cheers I gave your post shows a frosty mug of beer, I really meant it as a shot glass ;)

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm a bit pished fellas (that's scottish for drunk)

I'll get the photies (photos) up the morra (tomorrow)

Alba gu brath (Scotland forever)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So no Kentucky Gentlemen? If you wanna get uppitty with bourbon, get some Makers Mark
That's one of the ones for just drinking I use either that or Bulleit :D

The others listed are sippin` bourbons

rdw

Pro Bowler
This thread has me inspired... sippin' some Glenlivet 12 neat as I type this. Cheers to my Ram brothers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread has me inspired... sippin' some Glenlivet 12 neat as I type this. Cheers to my Ram brothers.
So went to Tennessee recently to visit some family even did a tour/tasting at a distillery. One night we were drinking something the brother in law provided. After a couple glasses he looks at me and his father n law and gets a smile on his face and asks "So you guys like my DNA rifle?" We both look like WTF? He then shows us the bottle.

flavor-profile-ret.jpg