scotch question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Cousin brought over The Dalmore The Cigar. One of the best scotches I ever drank. Very satisfying with a cigar

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I've been told, but haven't tried it, that Connor McGregor's scotch Proper 12 is actually pretty good. I'd need first hand accounts around here to verify that claim though.

Its trash.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I read that Sam Heughen who plays Jamie Fraser in the Outlanddr series, has his own Scotch brand he calls Sassenach, which he calls his wife in the story and means Outsider or Englander in Scottish

I looked it up. Its $99 a bottle on Reservebar.com. It got great reviews. He only released it this past November.

I spend my life calling English people Sassenach, none of them know what it means! It's the opposite of a Highlander (which I am) - we are called Teuchters (pronounced "chookter")

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This thread is in my wheelhouse. I have 50 bottles of Scotch in my collection currently and have tried well over 200. It's made to be enjoyed so dont let anyone tell you how to enjoy it - if you want to put coke in it then go ahead although I personally wouldn't.

I can give recommendations for any budget, feel free to PM.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
This thread is in my wheelhouse. I have 50 bottles of Scotch in my collection currently and have tried well over 200. It's made to be enjoyed so dont let anyone tell you how to enjoy it - if you want to put coke in it then go ahead although I personally wouldn't.

I only mention it with come because I tried it and I don't think those flavors were made to go together. I would never try and shame people into disliking it because I dislike it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Favorite The Dalmore label that's available in the States?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Favorite The Dalmore label that's available in the States?

That's the closest distillery to my home so I have a great love for it. The King Alexander is interesting and worth tasting if you have the cash, but for me the best is the relatively humble 15 year old.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
What are your thoughts on this one @ScotsRam ?

F5B8A707-E7CF-4E9F-ADF6-BBA52725BB79.jpeg

Got it as a gift for Christmas... it’s ok ... a bit fruity

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
What are your thoughts on this one @ScotsRam ?

View attachment 43072

Got it as a gift for Christmas... it’s ok ... a bit fruity

Glen Grant were kinda an under the radar distillery who were best known for contributing to blends, but their stuff is now widely considered to be excellent and great value. That is a really good value and decent bottle you have there. If you see either the 10 or 12 year old version anywhere that will be really good and shouldn't be too expensive.

But yeah, fruity will be about right. Light, crisp, might get a hint of apple and vanilla. An entry level flavour profile rather than a big smoky bastard.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That's the closest distillery to my home so I have a great love for it. The King Alexander is interesting and worth tasting if you have the cash, but for me the best is the relatively humble 15 year old.
Opened the 15 tonight. Very nice. Strong citrus like mandarin and brown sugar with aroma of vanilla. Still like the cigar better, but definitely better than the rest of the Scotch's I've drank here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dalmore got it! Going to go pick up a bottle. Love some Scotch even though I'm normally a bourbon guy will give it a go.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Dalmore got it! Going to go pick up a bottle. Love some Scotch even though I'm normally a bourbon guy will give it a go.

I'm the opposite, never been able to get into bourbon- what would you recommend? I keep hearing good things about Michters.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Opened the 15 tonight. Very nice. Strong citrus like mandarin and brown sugar with aroma of vanilla. Still like the cigar better, but definitely better than the rest of the Scotch's I've drank here.

Glad you're enjoying it!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Having a Glengoyne at the moment ...

View attachment 43861

wow ... has some kick!

This distillery is a mile from my girlfriends house - her mother gets me a bottle for xmas every year. Great stuff!

Dont be scared to put a little water in that because of the strength, itll help it open up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm the opposite, never been able to get into bourbon- what would you recommend? I keep hearing good things about Michters.
Mitchers is a very good one. I'm a big fan of a couple others in the same price range like Redemption especially their wheated reserve or Calumet. Want to go a little pricier you can get some Blanton's. Last night I was enjoying some of that Redemption wheated actually.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This is a bit of a sensitive topic for me. I’m a lawyer and lawyers drink scotch - that’s just how it is. I fucking can’t stand it. I have tried to develop a scotch habit so that I can drink it with the boys when it comes out but I just can’t do it. I have pretty strong alcoholic roots, the pedigree is there and I practice my drinking pretty routinely, I have tried the expensive shit, I have gone rocks, a little water, straight up - I just don’t dig it. I want to - I just don’t.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i have always liked the johnny walker double black. nice and smooth.

unfortunately, with my medication i can only have one glass. otherwise i get a really bad headache the following day.

after i began taking the medication i was at a wedding in summer and the aircon wasn't working. the beer was room temperature. so we hit the scotch with ice. so refreshing and cool. after i got to about half a bottle i was struck down. wanted to vomit but couldn't, couldn't even stand up. apparently i ended up sitting on a ledge and fell asleep for 2 hours. made it home without vomiting and crashed on the lounge as soon as my head touched the cushion. woke up the next morning and would have preferred to have been dead. i truly feel sorry for people who get migraines because if it was anything like the headache i had to endure for 8 hours the next day i don't think i could survive.

anyway you can't drink high volumes of alcohol with this medication and the doctor didn't tell me shit. i wanted to strangle him.