Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Wow, just love this trade, a 2nd rd pick------probably not higher than the 40th pick and a bench player for the 4th player picked in his draft. Watkins is just the type of WR the team needed: big, fast, good hands, runs good routes, and meets the definition of a "playmaker", and as McVay has said over and over, "you can't have too many playmakers". SW has played in 37 of 48 games and in those 37 games has over 2400yds in a Buffalo offense, he had over 1000 receiving yards in his 2nd yr in the league. At the nfl combine, IIRC, he ran 4.34 on his 1st attempt and 4.37 on his second, he's an extremely fast football player. Players of his caliber, when you have the opportunity, you get him-----! Watkins, along with Gurley and Goff will make this a real offense-----we won't be dead last in scoring, yards, or any other offensive category this year. Was already looking forward to the season but even more so since Sammy Watkins is a Ram!!!

I really don't mind trading the 64th pick for Sammy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Imagine how Gaines feels right now.

Expecting to spend the winter in sunny la, now going to spend it in freezing buffalo.

Woe is me.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@jrry32
Break it down for the ROD Boyz
Sammy's Affect on Goff, Gurley and the other wideouts (Tavon will benefit ) also how it helps the Oline indirectly.
In fact it could indirectly affect The D"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They definitely consulted Woods, no doubt about it. Also I think seeing how good Woods might be outside of Buffalo's offense (and in one that fits him so well) made them realize Watkins' value might be higher than people think too.

I'm still in shock man. That's how good this trade was.

That's a great point.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Imagine how Gaines feels right now.

Expecting to spend the winter in sunny la, now going to spend it in freezing buffalo.

Woe is me.

I swear I was thinking the same thing, he need a entirely new wardrobe

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32
Break it down for the ROD Boyz
Sammy's Affect on Goff, Gurley and the other wideouts (Tavon will benefit ) also how it helps the Oline indirectly.
In fact it could indirectly affect The D"

I think we all agree that he was acquired to take on the DeSean role. McVay's offense really loves operating high to low. What this does is give us one of the best deep threats in the NFL. That will do some big things for our offense:
1) Teams will have to play it safe vs. Watkins, which opens up Kupp and Woods to feast in the short to intermediate range;
2) Teams will take their chances with Watkins, which opens up the deep ball and might also allow us to sneak a guy like Everett, Higbee, Gurley, etc. over the top;
3) Watkins will draw the other team's top CB, which gives Kupp and Woods easier match-ups; and
4) It allows McVay to stretch the field vertically like he wants to do and fully utilize his route combinations to create easy throws for Goff.

Watkins is a big acquisition if he stays healthy. He's going to change the way the offense is defended. It also is likely to benefit Gurley because you have a tougher time stacking the box if you have to respect a guy like Watkins over the top. As we've seen in the videos on McVay's scheme, he really likes to stretch the field vertically and horizontally. This creates space and easy throws for the QB. It also allows savvy WRs (Woods and Kupp) to find holes in the coverage, and it allows a certain players who are great with the ball in their hands space to make plays after the catch (Austin, Everett, and Gurley).

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The hate on the Rams is incredibly strong amongst writers and fans. They act like were the Browns of the NFC.

There's a good reason for that. Look comparatively at their records over the last ten seasons.

Browns 10-6/Rams 3-13
Browns 4-12/Rams 2-14
Browns 5-11/Rams 1-15
Browns 5-11/Rams 7-9
Browns 4-12/Rams 2-14
Browns 5-11/Rams 7-8-1
Browns 4-12/Rams 7-9
Browns 7-9/Rams 6-10
Browns 3-13/Rams 7-9
Browns 1-15/Rams 4-12

Unless my math is off, the Browns and the Rams have nearly identical win-loss records over the last ten seasons. Putting together ten consecutive seasons of winning records will put an end to the constant mocking by the media and we'll get back to this...

roflbot.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=943gsZg7NJ8

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Dang 19 pages of replies before I even heard the news. "I gotta get on that internet" -Jerry Seinfeld

Great news. I am excited to see what he can do. (a little sad for Spruce though, he may may not make the cut)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not a happy bunch of fans. There are some "glass-half-full" type of comments but very few.
*************************************************************************************
https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/to...my-watkins-to-rams-for-cb-gaines-2nd-rd-pick/

Hate this move.
-----------
You have got to be freaking kidding me.
----------
Just awful!! I'm sick
----------
4 and 12 season pack your bags now. Franchise QB in 2018.
----------
I'm shocked and stunned though someone help me before I need therapy
---------
Getting rid of your best player.
doh.gif

---------
Very depressing....Jordan Matthews sucks....
-----------
CB Gaines??? And a second rounder... WTF???!!!
----------
Let's be honest here... while Watkins is a stud the production hasn't been there due to injury and it's a sign the Bills weren't going to pay him in the offseason so might as well get rid of him now.
---------
Good thing I already had planned on going drinking today...
---------
This is just nuts.
--------
goodbye cruel world
---------
honestly, I think I may just sit this one out...
---------
Watkins trade will be rued for many years to come.

Terrible.
----------
I am honestly speechless.
----------
Unbelievably bad move.
----------
I could cry
----------
Bills fans should consider the 2017 season as 19 preseason games for the 2018 season.
-----------
My initial reaction is I hate it more than any transaction or trade they have ever made.
-----------
They traded their best player because they didn't want to pay him.
----------
I am going to be ill
----------
I still can't get out of my car. I don't know what to say
----------
This would have been THEE best April Fool's joke. But it's our August reality.
-----------
Have you jumped off the 6th floor balcony yet?
----------
Just pitiful.
----------
Never been this mad at the team.
-----------
The Los Angeles Rams spent $76 million on Tavon Austin and Robert Woods to trade a second-rounder for Sammy Watkins on a one-year deal.
----------
I don't even know what to say. Finally broke down and bought a jersey with Watkins. These moves are not the end of the world, nor do they seem totally blind, but gotta say I'm pretty attached to Sammy, plus it will be extra painful if he does follow the stat/career arc of Julio Jones...
--------
I have NEVER felt like giving up on this team.

But this is just horrendous. One of the few guys on the team with legit star potential. Even with the injuries has put up some pretty impressive numbers. Looks healthy. Is still super young. They must have seen something they didn't like in practice (attitude, intelligence? I don't know.), but still no excuse. Watkins is the kind of guy you shape your offense around. Build around his strengths.

So I think they've just decided they don't love Watkins and would rather have draft picks to build the team their own way. I also think they are complete tools.
-----------
I pretty much hate every single thing this team does, 365 days a year
-----------
And so on and so forth, but you get the idea......too lazy to do any more. :sleep:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a good reason for that. Look comparatively at their records over the last ten seasons.

Browns 10-6/Rams 3-13
Browns 4-12/Rams 2-14
Browns 5-11/Rams 1-15
Browns 5-11/Rams 7-9
Browns 4-12/Rams 2-14
Browns 5-11/Rams 7-8-1
Browns 4-12/Rams 7-9
Browns 7-9/Rams 6-10
Browns 3-13/Rams 7-9
Browns 1-15/Rams 4-12

Unless my math is off, the Browns and the Rams have nearly identical win-loss records over the last ten seasons. Putting together ten consecutive seasons of winning records will put an end to the constant mocking by the media and we'll get back to this...

roflbot.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=943gsZg7NJ8

3 Super Bowls, 1 win.....
*drops mic

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The bad part is, that as bad as Bills fans think they will be, the Jets will be worse....They won't get the best QB unless they unload about all of those draft picks...lol