Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Oh yeah duh! That was silly of me. I was just focusing on our WR player numbers and totally didn't think of Mannion.

What number do you guys think he goes with?
I wanted 84 but Hemmingway has it. I say 15 is fine.

nanotech

Rookie
Honestly jokes about Goff failing or us going in another direction and so on are just old at this point.
So ignore them. I wasn't making a joke about Goff. You assumed too much, or just trying to justify your response. I don't think you can read my mind. Can you?

If you can't make jokes that mean no harm, then what?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh yeah duh! That was silly of me. I was just focusing on our WR player numbers and totally didn't think of Mannion.

What number do you guys think he goes with?
He wore #2 in college so maybe 12? Unless Mannion gives it up

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow. I love Gaines as a player and as a person, but Watkins could be a legit number one receiver. The second round pick stings a little, but at least we aren't giving up a first.

I do want us to re-sign Watkins because this could be a real crappy deal otherwise. All in all, though, I love this trade.

My thoughts at this time are that Troy Hill really has stepped up the last few practices. He was going to be pushing EJ Gaines anyway. He can be signed reasonably .

Sammy Watkins is a good fit. He played with both Woods & Robey, as well as being coached with Kromer.

Mike Thomas being down really hurt the depth chart. The rookie Josh Reynolds & Tavon being hurt makes the position up grade a priority.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To those who say he's injury prone. Wouldn't you be if you had to play in Buffalo?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where is KOWALSKI? He'll find a way to make us depressed about this trade.

I put him on ignore. Haven't thought about him until now. Don't think I'm missing anything worthwhile.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Wow, just love this trade, a 2nd rd pick------probably not higher than the 40th pick and a bench player for the 4th player picked in his draft. Watkins is just the type of WR the team needed: big, fast, good hands, runs good routes, and meets the definition of a "playmaker", and as McVay has said over and over, "you can't have too many playmakers". SW has played in 37 of 48 games and in those 37 games has over 2400yds in a Buffalo offense, he had over 1000 receiving yards in his 2nd yr in the league. At the nfl combine, IIRC, he ran 4.34 on his 1st attempt and 4.37 on his second, he's an extremely fast football player. Players of his caliber, when you have the opportunity, you get him-----! Watkins, along with Gurley and Goff will make this a real offense-----we won't be dead last in scoring, yards, or any other offensive category this year. Was already looking forward to the season but even more so since Sammy Watkins is a Ram!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He knows Sammy's personality. I think you'd have to ask Woods if Sammy is a good teammate.

They definitely consulted Woods, no doubt about it. Also I think seeing how good Woods might be outside of Buffalo's offense (and in one that fits him so well) made them realize Watkins' value might be higher than people think too.

I'm still in shock man. That's how good this trade was.