Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed but the year 2000 was a long time ago in the "what have you done for me lately" NFL.
*buys Kurt Warner Super Bowl MVP Bobblehead on Ebay for $2 bucks....

Zero

Pro Bowler
You wouldn't dare...No balz...
~KOWLASKI

BarnStirringMoulage.gif

Whatcha stirring LR?LOL

Last edited:

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I like what this trade says about the direction of this team...and that is that underperforming areas of the team are not going to be tolerated and will be addressed. First LT, and now WR.

Sends the right message.

Where will they "strike" next?

RT?

Dline depth?

Those are two areas I have concerns about.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow. I got home from a busy day and was blown away.
EJ and a 2nd? I'm in.
Giving up a 2nd means the Rams staff must be pretty confident in getting him signed long term.
I'm also taking this that Austins days are numbered. He's making way to much for a 3rd or 4th WR. I would love to keep TA, but he just makes too much for that roll. After this season i don't see a situation where he'll still be in horns.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed but the year 2000 was a long time ago in the "what have you done for me lately" NFL.
2000 was ages ago it's almost ancient history. But when compared to never it's like it happened yesterday :D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Always cracks me up, he missed half the season last year and only 3 games the year before but now he's only going to be available for 4 games? You can tell they fear the Goff Attack with Sammy in house.

Yeah, it's awesome how they try to find reasons why it won't work out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So, the wide receivers I'd keep are as follows:

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Reynolds
Cooper
Thomas (when he gets back from his suspension; McRoberts for now)

I'd keep Austin at running back, actually.
I agree with you...mostly.

#1 Watkins
2# Woods
Kupp in the slot
That's the meat ^

I really like Tavon in the slot in 4 wide sets. If he can't get open in those sets fugetaboutit. Trade him to Cleveland for a microphone.
hqdefault.jpg

But also like you said...i want to see more Tavon in the backfield with Gurley in those 2 wide, 2 TE sets showing movement and misdirection much like Cignetti had some success with.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/8...ls-trade-sammy-watkins-eagles-jordan-matthews

Rams acquire Sammy Watkins from Bills

Productive when healthy. Very unreliable for health reasons.

IMO its a good move for McVay and Rams. High risk, high reward, fills a desperate need.
----------
Personally, I really hope we get him next year. He is basically the best WR fit in this offense not named Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones. Watkins has game breaking speed, outstanding route running, good size 6’2", and he has tremendous run after catch ability, which is important in a west coast offense. Tough runner too. It would give us a true #1 receiver, something we haven’t had since T.O. left town.

And it’s not like he’ll stay with the Rams, unless Goff becomes Aaron Rodgers suddenly. And even then, the Rams are so choked by Goff, Trumaine Johnson, and Tavon Austins contract that they can’t even pay Aaron Donald what he deserves. Les Snead is going to get fired. Watkins is just a rental
----------
Only 7-8 years left of good football in him.
----------
Rams #1 priority is resigning Donald, Gurley, and then they can worry.

This was purely a move to generate interest and revenue for their fans in LA, and a move that could aid Goff’s development.
----------
One thing that has been evident in this division since Carroll and Harbaugh showed up, is you can win it with a great D, good running, and average QB play.
They have a potentially great D. Gurley looked great his rookie year, so the potential is certainly there. Can Goff play average this year with better weapons and an offensive minded coach?

It’s not that far fetched. it’s also not that far-fetched that they are still the same sorry $$$ Rams.
----------
That’s great, since Watkins was playing his last year for them: they flat-out robbed the Rams.
---------
rams won’t keep watkins past this year. maybe if he does well they get a 3rd or 4th comp back, but losing a 2nd? dumb
---------
Is Snead still there?
How stupid can that gm be?
----------
I watched the "All of Nothing" series on Amazon Prime about the Ram's 2016 season.
Easy to see why ownership did what they did, though the move back to L.A. sure didn’t help them.

I think with the recent CS and roster moves the Rams are going to look a lot like us going forward.
Awesome defense, meh-to-good offense, and not too shabby on special teams. Would be nice to see that rivalry rekindled as the Seahawks whither and die (hopefully).
--------
I watched it too
I thought Fischer and his staff was a joke. Could see a huge difference with Mcvay.
------
Hard to define what I saw that made me question Fischer's abilities.
McVay seems more like a control everything kind of guy, detail oriented, much like Shanahan.
Fish came across as lackadaisical and assuming his assistants would get the job done.

Big difference between his and say Bruce Arians coaching style (also from "All or Nothing", 2015). I found it hard to watch Bruce though, what with all the cursing. I thought I was bad coming out of the Navy. I had nothing on that entire staff
---------
Trading for Watkins is insane
The Rams still appear to be building a team to potentially excite a market and christen a new stadium, instead of trying to win football games. Good luck.
---------
It's almost a no-win situation

They don’t have a prayer this year, so the cheap one-year rental is meaningless. So he either stays hurt and/or unproductive and it’s a bad trade, or he shows something, and then he’s a free agent and they have to outbid everybody or tag him to keep him… and it’s likely a bad trade.

The Rams are a joke.
---------
They can't tank

Because of the stadium. Their D is good enough to keep them competitive, and McVay will get more production from the offense. Watkins can help them big time if he is healthy. If not it still adds to the Donald, Gurley, Goff, (Watkins) hype machine which sells tickets.

Its high risk/high reward from the team standpoint, but i think its a good business move considering the stadium situation.
---------
Woods, Watkins, Cooper Kupp, Tavon Austin, and Gurley
Those are pretty solid weapons (if healthy) with Whitworth holding down the line. They are trying to take a REALGOOD look at him before the REAL GOOD Qb class is getting scouted.
----------
Don't forget Josh Reynolds
Hes severely underrated.
---------
Rams fans are all happy this happened. Bills fans are FURIOUS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL Watching the Whiners on TV right now they have nothing to laugh about :D

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter