ROD FFL Commissioner's Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So... are we done with scoring for now? Move on?

RamzFanz

Damnit
My current settings.

Thoughts?

settings 1.jpg
settings 2.jpg

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Okay. A couple of things jump out. You want to limit the number of pick ups in a season to 32? And only allow 3 trades the whole season? And you want to go 4 divisions which would make each division 3 teams (w/ 12 teams per league....)?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Okay. A couple of things jump out. You want to limit the number of pick ups in a season to 32? And only allow 3 trades the whole season? And you want to go 4 divisions which would make each division 3 teams (w/ 12 teams per league....)?

Ah, yes, my maths failed me.

3 divisions of 4 then?

Where would you limit pick ups? Or would you?

What do you think for trades? I'm not married to any of the settings.

Also, allow draft pick trades or no?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I've always thought if you could p/u...go for it because chekcing waiver wires are an interesting way to "tweak" a position or 2 down the road. (especially if you have injuries as you stated before about the kick returners... and only 32 p/u would be 2 per week...and you can almost get into that amount because of byes....) I would have unlimited. Same w/ trades. since the league votes on them....why not allow as many as they can agree to. Yeah, you are going to have someone get butt hurt when someone trades 3 players for 1.....but the truth is....the team w/ the 3 will still have to drop someone (or even 2 someones...)
And you caught the divisions thing. 3 of 4 will work fine.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
can you customize your league page or is it bound to yahoo design?

I don't see anyway to tweak the design. You might be able to put a window or 2 of specialized stuff (research...) that you want....but I think the drab blurred stadium background is here to stay....

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Now I do think we should come up w/ some "original" names for each league. (and maybe the divisions....the hillbilly division.....the Yankee division....yeah...those in the Northeast would take it as a compliment....but Southerners would know it wasn't quite meant that way....;):whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Here's some "new" features Yahoo is bragging about. Some actually sound decent....

Features of the 2014 Fantasy Football season

This year, Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football is offering some great features and enhancements.

Draft anytime, anywhere
  • Draft (or mock draft) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your phone, tablet or PC.
  • Auction drafts now supported on Android and iOS.
New stat categories
Because you asked nicely. We have added carries and targets as non-scoring categories to allow you to research who to pick up in your league.

Coming Soon! New scoring stat: First downs.

Award-winning app
One app to rule them all. Download our award-winning app and play Fantasy Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey in a single app.

New pre-draft ranking tool
Say goodbye to the year 2000! Pre-draft ranking is easier than ever with our newly updated tool.

Conditional waivers
Now you can set priority for multiple waiver claims on the same player.

More coming soon!
Look for even bigger, exciting enhancements in the coming weeks!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've always thought if you could p/u...go for it because chekcing waiver wires are an interesting way to "tweak" a position or 2 down the road. (especially if you have injuries as you stated before about the kick returners... and only 32 p/u would be 2 per week...and you can almost get into that amount because of byes....) I would have unlimited. Same w/ trades. since the league votes on them....why not allow as many as they can agree to. Yeah, you are going to have someone get butt hurt when someone trades 3 players for 1.....but the truth is....the team w/ the 3 will still have to drop someone (or even 2 someones...)
And you caught the divisions thing. 3 of 4 will work fine.

I have no problem with unlimited waiver pick ups and trades. We can always put this up as a poll if we want.

Changing mine now.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I also changed weekly max player acquisition to unlimited.

RamzFanz

Damnit
OK, I think I made an error.

Punt return yards should be 1 point for every 100 yards.

Bonus should be 1 point at 100 yards and that's all.

Right? The points will score 2 at 100, 3 at 200, 4 at 300, etc.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
No TE? (You show a "hybrid position of TE, RB, WR)

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
OK, I think I made an error.

Punt return yards should be 1 point for every 100 yards.

Bonus should be 1 point at 100 yards and that's all.

Right? The points will score 2 at 100, 3 at 200, 4 at 300, etc.

I never saw a place which would do one or the other. It was just "Kickoff and punt return yards."

RamzFanz

Damnit
I never saw a place which would do one or the other. It was just "Kickoff and punt return yards."

Yes both.

I did it wrong originally. It should be 1 pt for 100 yards and then under bonus, 1 pt for 100. That should add up to 2 for 100, 3 for 200, 4 for 300, etc?