ROD FFL Commissioner's Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean terrible at playing. Lol I pick with my heart, not my mind.

You should play. The way you avoid the heart/mind dilemma is to use good sources for your advice and preset your draft order in Yahoo. Then on draft day, just pick whoever is at the top of your list.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It might work out if you held it on a Friday (or Saturday....) night(morning...) and then you might could get some overlap. Now here's a question. Does the league run on the same CST (or EST or MST or even Left coast time....) time for all transactions? Usually if "waivers" are used it's 8 AM CST. But could it be tweaked to fit the time frames of "other" locales and time zones?

i don't see that yet.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
No problems with your choices just curious why you didn't go with 6 for td's ? In the past when people have decreased the point value for td's (4) XP (1) if you are doing XP? then FG's are what? do you give xtra for extended distances?

RamzFanz

Damnit
No problems with your choices just curious why you didn't go with 6 for td's ? In the past when people have decreased the point value for td's (4) XP (1) if you are doing XP? then FG's are what? do you give xtra for extended distances?

The points for passing yards come later. I have always played 4 points to balance the QBs with other positions. It's all up for discussion though.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
sounds good I think however you do it will be great and in my experience one person sets it up to minimalize confusion. It is the same for everyone so there are no advantages.
let me know if you want any assistance.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
No, a commissioner sets up a league where he will play. The actual commissioner joins and the first guy gives up the commissioner rights to him is what I'm thinking. Yes?

It appears you wouldn't do co-commissioner because that limits their power but you can actually give up the commish chair.

That sounds pretty good.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
View attachment 2307

Yes, so we are all set with this.

Time to get started setting up the leagues.

I have started ROD East.

I can rename it if we want but I was thinking East, West, Central 1, and Central 2.

It indicates the draft times BUT it is also boring? Thoughts?

I'll take ROD Central1.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Who wants east coast? We can test this.

I will play in the East coast league and I have created it. i will not commish it.

I'll Commish the East and I'm making ROD Central 1

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Okay. How are we going to have the teams sign up? (My guess is they give us an email and then we send them an invite)

BTW.... ROD Central 1 is created and a Sat Aug 30 8 PM CST Live Draft

PhxRam

Okay. How are we going to have the teams sign up? (My guess is they give us an email and then we send them an invite)

BTW.... ROD Central 1 is created and a Sat Aug 30 8 PM CST Live Draft

I guess just by making a thread asking which league works best for each person.

Look at the member map and you can get a decent idea who is probably going to join what league.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I guess just by making a thread asking which league works best for each person.

Look at the member map and you can get a decent idea who is probably going to join what league.

Exactly what i was thinking. We disperse the draft dates and times and let them join. After we are 100% sure it's all tweaked, we do a mass invite with links to each league.

Once that is done, we can tweak the teams to balance and accommodate managers.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll Commish the East and I'm making ROD Central 1

Send me an invite and I'll go there and you can pass it to me. We can always move around later.

Just go to your league, click on "league" from the top menu, click on "invite friends" on the right, copy the link.

Once we prove it will work, we can begin with the rules.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Is the passing scoring the only things you want to "tweak"?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Okay. I set up the "East" League w/ the passing specs you wanted. Look over the rushing and receiving and defense and see if you want to work on any of those. I really have no preferences, so whatever you want to go with works. (I'm Gumby.... I'm flexible...). But I'm hitting the hay for the evening. Luckily work is kind of slow right now, so I can work on things there as well. My "normal" hours are 6ish in the morning to 11ish at night Starting Sunday night to Thursday. Then go to bed on weekends around 2 or 3 (Fri-Sat) and I'm constantly online.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Okay. I set up the "East" League w/ the passing specs you wanted. Look over the rushing and receiving and defense and see if you want to work on any of those. I really have no preferences, so whatever you want to go with works. (I'm Gumby.... I'm flexible...). But I'm hitting the hay for the evening. Luckily work is kind of slow right now, so I can work on things there as well. My "normal" hours are 6ish in the morning to 11ish at night Starting Sunday night to Thursday. Then go to bed on weekends around 2 or 3 (Fri-Sat) and I'm constantly online.

Great. I'll post them here.

RamzFanz

Damnit
rec rush.jpg

Rushing and receiving not including total yards. Thoughts?