ROD FFL Commissioner's Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kicking. Thoughts?

kick 1.jpg
kick 2.jpg

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Just playing devil's advocate but say a return guy got 22 yds a KO return and had 5 of them for the day. Do you feel he should get 11 pts for the game. (Catches it 3 yds into the end zone and brings it back to the 19......).

I think you were trying to reward punt returns which they earn every yard they get. But those are some easy points you can get for someone like Pead instead of a real running back.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just playing devil's advocate but say a return guy got 22 yds a KO return and had 5 of them for the day. Do you feel he should get 11 pts for the game. (Catches it 3 yds into the end zone and brings it back to the 19......).

I think you were trying to reward punt returns which they earn every yard they get. But those are some easy points you can get for someone like Pead instead of a real running back.

Thanks. Yeah, let's work through them all and ensure they make sense.

I wish they were separate scoring.

What do you suggest? Get rid of the yards and leave it as a TD only score?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Unless you want to use this as a way an inventive player (manager) can get some points. (and w/ the RB situation these days it might not be a bad idea.....)

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
And what is an offensive fumble return?

I'm guessing that would be where a lineman picked up a fumble and ran it in. (Since there wouldn't be a catagory.....) But I'm not sure about that. Would they give the option to "pick" an offense?!?!?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Unless you want to use this as a way an inventive player (manager) can get some points. (and w/ the RB situation these days it might not be a bad idea.....)

I used that a lot last season when I lost my starting RBs. Return guys can be a weapon.

They have bonus for return yards so we could use that. Say 2 points for 100 yards, 3 for 200, 4 for 300? Something like that?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm guessing that would be where a lineman picked up a fumble and ran it in. (Since there wouldn't be a catagory.....) But I'm not sure about that. Would they give the option to "pick" an offense?!?!?

It's weird that they say return though. That indicates a reverse in direction to me. Don't know. I will try to find out.

RamzFanz

Damnit

OK:

Defining an offensive fumble return touchdown

An offensive fumble return touchdown is scored any time an offensive player recovers a fumble in the end zone for a touchdown, or advances a recovered fumble for a touchdown, and is not the player who originally fumbled the ball.

If the player who originally fumbled the ball recovers their own fumble and scores a touchdown, they will be credited with either a rushing or receiving touchdown, depending on the play.

Examples:

• If Matt Ryan runs to the opponent's 5-yard line and then fumbles, and Tony Gonzalez recovers the fumble and advances it 5 yards to score a touchdown, Gonzalez would be credited with an offensive fumble return touchdown.
  • If Matt Ryan runs to the opponent's 5-yard line, fumbles, then recovers his own fumble and advances it for a touchdown, Ryan would be credited with a rushing touchdown.
This category is included in the default settings for Public Leagues and is optional in Custom Leagues.

Since such plays are not common, you will not see this category appear as a scoring column in your league. The corresponding points, however, will be added to a player's weekly total should he score an offensive fumble return touchdown, and an * will display to indicate it has been added.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I used that a lot last season when I lost my starting RBs. Return guys can be a weapon.

They have bonus for return yards so we could use that. Say 2 points for 100 yards, 3 for 200, 4 for 300? Something like that?

That works for me.......

OK:

Defining an offensive fumble return touchdown

An offensive fumble return touchdown is scored any time an offensive player recovers a fumble in the end zone for a touchdown, or advances a recovered fumble for a touchdown, and is not the player who originally fumbled the ball.

If the player who originally fumbled the ball recovers their own fumble and scores a touchdown, they will be credited with either a rushing or receiving touchdown, depending on the play.

Examples:

• If Matt Ryan runs to the opponent's 5-yard line and then fumbles, and Tony Gonzalez recovers the fumble and advances it 5 yards to score a touchdown, Gonzalez would be credited with an offensive fumble return touchdown.
  • If Matt Ryan runs to the opponent's 5-yard line, fumbles, then recovers his own fumble and advances it for a touchdown, Ryan would be credited with a rushing touchdown.
This category is included in the default settings for Public Leagues and is optional in Custom Leagues.

Since such plays are not common, you will not see this category appear as a scoring column in your league. The corresponding points, however, will be added to a player's weekly total should he score an offensive fumble return touchdown, and an * will display to indicate it has been added.

So the only way to get those points if you had played the offensive guy who recovered the football........big stretch there....but I'm cool w/ it.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Now you do realize, the points add up on bonus. (At 100 yds on return you would get 2 pts when 100 yds is attained, then 3 more if 200 were acheived and then another 4, once they got to 300...).
And I'm good w/ that is you are. I just wanted to point that out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That works for me.......

So the only way to get those points if you had played the offensive guy who recovered the football........big stretch there....but I'm cool w/ it.

I'm cool with it too.

In order to do the bonus yards for returns you have to check the return yards box. Checking it makes the bonus yards available.

QUESTION: Are the points accumulative or total. If I say 3 points for 200 yards, is that in addition to the points already scored at 100 yards or is that the total?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Now you do realize, the points add up on bonus. (At 100 yds on return you would get 2 pts when 100 yds is attained, then 3 more if 200 were acheived and then another 4, once they got to 300...).
And I'm good w/ that is you are. I just wanted to point that out.

LOL... you read my mind. Thanks.

No, I don't want that many points. I meant total? Cool or no?

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is what I have:

Return yards selected and 1 point for 100 yards. Then this:

kick 2.jpg

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'm cool with it too.

In order to do the bonus yards for returns you have to check the return yards box. Checking it makes the bonus yards available.

QUESTION: Are the points accumulative or total. If I say 3 points for 200 yards, is that in addition to the points already scored at 100 yards or is that the total?

Yes, they are accumlative. (x amount gets this much + x amount gets this much +this amount gets this much) Not bad, but someone would be pissed off if an opponent had a returner who had a 60 pt day...)

LOL... you read my mind. Thanks.

No, I don't want that many points. I meant total? Cool or no?
Works for me.