Robert Woods Signs Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Huge fan of Woods. I hate this thread because it evokes the what ifs that are negative in my eyes. I’d rather not see Woods be anywhere else, but I don’t want Woods to be low balled either. I think he deserves a great contract, if we can’t offer that then it would be a shame to lose him. He is very important to this O. I mean very, the catalyst. Hope we can give him something close to what he wants.

I hope Woods and the Rams can come to an agreement that will make them both very Happy and will keep him a Ram until he retires!

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’m a huge Kupp fan. But imho, Woods > Kupp. Not by much, but enough to notice

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Well deserved, I'm sure many of us including myself have underappreciated him by prioritizing Kupp over him on their contracts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would have signed Kupp first for one reason: he gets open quicker. But I certainly appreciate Woody. IMO the Rams had it right in terms of how they prioritized things.

One concern I do have with Woody if they extend him is how effective he'll be as he hits that over 30 period. He's just a small dude who can get rubbed and knocked off course and as he gets older it's a concern if he slows. So a 2 to 3 year window would be great but if they do anything longer than that they might regret it.

If it was me he would play out his current contract and get his payday on the market. I would like to see Kupp and Jefferson (who are both plus possession types) get a big threat X type for outside the hashes.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Tough call there ! I think talent/production wise they are both very close and I definitely think that they compliment each other really well!!!

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Wonder what McVay’s definition of “shortly” is?! Hopefully, Like within the next few days???!
That would be OUTSTANDING!!!
Imho if McVay is saying shortly , something similar, they're working on final details.

Ram65

Legend
I usually hate to see the Rams overspend cap money. I know they can't resign everyone. I have no problem with extending Robert Woods. If they give him a three-year extension near Kupp's deal it will be fine. I think he might even take a little less to stay a Ram. That will make him only 32 years old in his last year of the deal. He deserves a new deal as he exceeded his first Rams deal. He is a big leader on the team.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ok so now we have Woods saying this week.

It may and could even be done, it just might not be announced till next week sometime

Jmho it's a done deal.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Have to admit it would be pretty exciting to have several of your key offensive skill players (Goff, Akers, Kupp, Jefferson, Higbee and WOODS/Hopefully!) signed to extended contracts!!! Hopefully, They can also extend Malcolm Brown sometime in the near future!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Kupp and Woods rapped up, and young Jefferson coming along, it could be a formidable wide receiver corps for a while.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woods will be the line in the sand - Ebukam, Everett, Floyd, JJ - all definitely gone. Hill and Blythe might be gone as well depending on what their markets are like, but I'd guess both gone.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Have to admit it would be pretty exciting to have several of your key offensive skill players (Goff, Akers, Kupp, Jefferson, Higbee and WOODS/Hopefully!) signed to extended contracts!!! Hopefully, They can also extend Malcolm Brown sometime in the near future!

Don't forget Whit-- still in his first year of a three year deal!! He was awesome against Dallas (except for wandering too far downfield on one play.)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Woods will be the line in the sand - Ebukam, Everett, Floyd, JJ - all definitely gone. Hill and Blythe might be gone as well depending on what their markets are like, but I'd guess both gone.
Plus Reynolds. Too bad you can only get 4 comp picks per draft.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
See, now I'm done worrying about it.
After Ramsey, many of you said we couldn't sign Kupp. After Kupp, many said we couldn't extend Woods...

The Rams clearly don't feel like the same rules apply to them and until they are proven wrong, I won't question or assume to know what can and can't be done by the team.

I do know that many teams can't do what we do with contracts. Its blamed on the salary cap but really the issue is mostly cheap ownership.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Plus Reynolds. Too bad you can only get 4 comp picks per draft.
Philly you and I go back years, please we don't know who will be signed or let go.

I know we have talents at the Safety position, but rumor has it JJ3 is on the list And there could be others.

We have Players with some very big numbers and I know Cap. It can be pushed back years,

I sure KD can get whomever signed