LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Check out the entrepreneur! I had no idea, SOKA. That's pretty cool!

Thanks for taking my invite - I appreciate it. You have a propensity to rock knowledge about the previous regime, and that's something too many people overlook when talking about the NEW regime. I'd need a box set of new hands if I wanted to count on fingers how many people have even gone as far as to lump Devaney in with those guys, even though he only had 1/2 involvement in 2008.

Then in 2009, the front office faced:

No discretionary funds at their disposal
Roughly 200 free agents that weren't eligible to declare UFA status
Ownership in flux
Team in cap hell
A looming CBA dispute
Mountains upon mountains of injuries
A roster full of overpaid underachievers (who were subsequently cut)

.... and Spagnuolo / Devaney are idiots and/or should be fired for the 2009 season. :?!:

Just..... wow.

Welcome aboard, my friend. It's good to have another voice of reason in our midst.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
snr4evah said:
I guess I'm the first female? Awesome, ok my name is Laurie, I was raised in California and attended many Rams games as a cheerleader while in HS. I was a competitive gymnast in HS and college and moved to Oklahoma when my Dad's government job transferred him. I graduated from OU with a BS in nursing, I now work as an RN in Edmond, OK. I have 2 daughters, the first in PA school at OU and the baby just starting her freshman year at Edmond North HS. My husband is a retired OK Highway Patrol Trooper and now a district manager for a major gun company. He covers Texas and Oklahoma. I have to admit..... I am new at the NFL football scene, I know alot about college football, so if I ask retarded questions, please forgive me.... I have been extremely attentive to the entire NFL process of getting Sam to the Rams. I won $200 betting he would go first to this team. Since my intitial exposure to the NFL was the Rams it is bittersweet that my alltime favorite player is now a Ram! I don't want to be labeled a bandwagon fan, so I intend to learn as much about this franchise and team as possible, I am very loyal and passionate about the teams I claim which will always be OU and now the Rams! I can get angry and impatient with some posters, but try to take a breath before responding some impulsive post. I am excited about this board, would love to have my own avatar, but need help with that. I am very competitive, basically love football and can't wait to get this season started. thanks for the invite!

I lived in Edmond for the first 19 years of my life. I went to Sante Fe HS. I had a lot of friends that went to ENHS though because I went to Cheyenne Middle School. I also did my first year and a half of college at UCO but I transferred this past winter to Missouri State. I was going to go to OU, as I have been a fan since birth, but I just didn't feel like it was a good fit for me.

Thats cool someone else with an Edmond background on here. Right on!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Re: SOKA SKATE AND SNOW!

SOKA said:
I'm a 46 year old small business owner that has been a Rams fan since I got PSL's in 1995!

That same year I opened S.O.K.A. LTD.. It's a skateboard, snowboard shop that sells all kinds of clothes from Emerica to Altamont to shoes like NIKE SB, Vans, Es, and old school chucks with new school memory foam and actual padded inserts for skateboarding!

And yes.. S.O.K.A. Does stand for SICK OF KISSING ASS!

Dude that's sick. I would love to run a store like that. If you need any advice about merchandise, I'm your man. Lol

libertadrock said:
snr4evah said:
I guess I'm the first female? Awesome, ok my name is Laurie, I was raised in California and attended many Rams games as a cheerleader while in HS. I was a competitive gymnast in HS and college and moved to Oklahoma when my Dad's government job transferred him. I graduated from OU with a BS in nursing, I now work as an RN in Edmond, OK. I have 2 daughters, the first in PA school at OU and the baby just starting her freshman year at Edmond North HS. My husband is a retired OK Highway Patrol Trooper and now a district manager for a major gun company. He covers Texas and Oklahoma. I have to admit..... I am new at the NFL football scene, I know alot about college football, so if I ask retarded questions, please forgive me.... I have been extremely attentive to the entire NFL process of getting Sam to the Rams. I won $200 betting he would go first to this team. Since my intitial exposure to the NFL was the Rams it is bittersweet that my alltime favorite player is now a Ram! I don't want to be labeled a bandwagon fan, so I intend to learn as much about this franchise and team as possible, I am very loyal and passionate about the teams I claim which will always be OU and now the Rams! I can get angry and impatient with some posters, but try to take a breath before responding some impulsive post. I am excited about this board, would love to have my own avatar, but need help with that. I am very competitive, basically love football and can't wait to get this season started. thanks for the invite!

I lived in Edmond for the first 19 years of my life. I went to Sante Fe HS. I had a lot of friends that went to ENHS though because I went to Cheyenne Middle School. I also did my first year and a half of college at UCO but I transferred this past winter to Missouri State. I was going to go to OU, as I have been a fan since birth, but I just didn't feel like it was a good fit for me.

Thats cool someone else with an Edmond background on here. Right on!

Hey gang! Make that another with "Edmond ties". Lived there when I was young while pops was at OU Med school. Like you both....a Sooner since birth!

STLINI

UDFA
Re: SOKA SKATE AND SNOW!

SOKA said:
I'm a 46 year old small business owner that has been a Rams fan since I got PSL's in 1995!

That same year I opened S.O.K.A. LTD.. It's a skateboard, snowboard shop that sells all kinds of clothes from Emerica to Altamont to shoes like NIKE SB, Vans, Es, and old school chucks with new school memory foam and actual padded inserts for skateboarding!

And yes.. S.O.K.A. Does stand for SICK OF KISSING ASS!

Thats awesome SOKA, I love snowboarding and get at least 1 trip in a year, more if I can get away. What's the name of or shop, do you have online ordering?

STLINI

UDFA
StlouisramsX said:
STLINI said:
Thanks for dropping in, Matt. Appreciate it.

Hey, we have another guy on this board, Doug, who's an engineer for the transportation department. I think that might be in Indiana though (RamsFan4Life). You guys got your PE? I played safety in high school too - strong side. As a result I usually key on defense when watching, but now that Sammy Boy has arrived, I might take a look at the weaker positions too. :twisted:

Get your son any Rams gear yet? When my son was a lil X, I got him some stuff - even though he had no interest in it or any idea what he was wearing. That's what we do, afterall.

Welcome aboard, brah. Anything you need, let me know.

Yeah X, I got my PE in 2007. My focus is on transportation as well, I'll have to catch up with RF4L.

Yeah, I've got my boy a few Rams items as well as Illini gear. My girl has her Rams cheerleading gear as well. Like you said, they have no idea, but I think its cool.

snr4evah

UDFA
Name
Laurie
Very impressed with the small business owners. I used to wear Van's, nothing else for Socal girls going with skaterboys!! My Dad used to get so mad at my brothers for skating in our empty pool. Ah, memories. So, I'm shopping for shoes with my teenager, and I see Van's slip ons.... OMG, you gotta get these..... "ugh" she states, and heads for the polos. "ewww", I say, not buying those. So we settle (pick your battles with a teen), and she gets Sperry boat shoes. Their cute, not my first choice but their cute.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Funny conversation. My daughter will only get the most ridiculous looking "sneakers" available. She's always been a bit of a free spirit, and is very comfortable wearing things that are way out of the ordinary. I think she's up to about 30 pairs now. Here's an example of her preference --

shoes_iaec1164290.jpg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
StlouisramsX said:
Funny conversation. My daughter will only get the most ridiculous looking "sneakers" available. She's always been a bit of a free spirit, and is very comfortable wearing things that are way out of the ordinary. I think she's up to about 30 pairs now. Here's an example of her preference --

shoes_iaec1164290.jpg

i have a sweet pair of adidas shell toes that are lime green and have kermit the frog on them. gotta say i dont wear them all that often but they are pretty cool

RamsFan4Life

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
STLINI said:
StlouisramsX said:
STLINI said:
Thanks for dropping in, Matt. Appreciate it.

Hey, we have another guy on this board, Doug, who's an engineer for the transportation department. I think that might be in Indiana though (RamsFan4Life). You guys got your PE? I played safety in high school too - strong side. As a result I usually key on defense when watching, but now that Sammy Boy has arrived, I might take a look at the weaker positions too. :twisted:

Get your son any Rams gear yet? When my son was a lil X, I got him some stuff - even though he had no interest in it or any idea what he was wearing. That's what we do, afterall.

Welcome aboard, brah. Anything you need, let me know.

Yeah X, I got my PE in 2007. My focus is on transportation as well, I'll have to catch up with RF4L.

Yeah, I've got my boy a few Rams items as well as Illini gear. My girl has her Rams cheerleading gear as well. Like you said, they have no idea, but I think its cool.
Heya fellow engineer!!! I work for the state DoT here in Indiana. In RR and utility division. I work with railroads when one of the road projects meets the rail.

Good to see another here that will get calculus metaphors and obscure references to Liebnitz and Newton.....

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm "ottoman89" I've been known around the web as "rams fan" and "RamsFan16", also "HawkeyeFan". I'm an absolute diehard Rams fan and I let my emotions get the best of me during games, so needless to say, I've lost a few twitter followers in my day. I'm extremely passionate, StLouisRamsX should know this, he saw my tweets during last season. I post my opinion and what I see, and I don't let the media dictate what I think ( that being said, I'm never upset to see an optimistic article on the Rams from National Media ).

I love the Iowa Hawkeyes, Los Angeles Lakers ( Back to Back baby! ), Atlanta Braves, and Coloroado Avalanche, obviously the Rams as well! It may look like I'm a bandwagon fan, but I'm not, I've got stories behind each team, and legitimate reasons.

Musically I prefer heavy metal ( Example, and my favorite band right now: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEmiGPvGVM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEmiGPvGVM</a> ), my favorite band ever is Marilyn Manson. I also like a little country, a little rap, and a lot of trance and techno.

Movie wise I prefer comedies, action, thrillers, documentaries ( including mocumentaries ) and a lot of War Movies.

I play Playstation 3 ( PSN; ottomaniac89 ), the games I play are Madden 2010, NHL 10, Call of Duty ( all of them ), MAG, and many more.

I work at Best Buy as a Home Theater Sales Associate, and I go to school Full-time majoring in "Marketing Management".

If there is anything else you want to know, let me know :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ottoman89 said:
I'm "ottoman89" I've been known around the web as "rams fan" and "RamsFan16", also "HawkeyeFan". I'm an absolute diehard Rams fan and I let my emotions get the best of me during games, so needless to say, I've lost a few twitter followers in my day. I'm extremely passionate, StLouisRamsX should know this, he saw my tweets during last season. I post my opinion and what I see, and I don't let the media dictate what I think ( that being said, I'm never upset to see an optimistic article on the Rams from National Media ).

I love the Iowa Hawkeyes, Los Angeles Lakers ( Back to Back baby! ), Atlanta Braves, and Coloroado Avalanche, obviously the Rams as well! It may look like I'm a bandwagon fan, but I'm not, I've got stories behind each team, and legitimate reasons.

Musically I prefer heavy metal ( Example, and my favorite band right now: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEmiGPvGVM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEmiGPvGVM</a> ), my favorite band ever is Marilyn Manson. I also like a little country, a little rap, and a lot of trance and techno.

Movie wise I prefer comedies, action, thrillers, documentaries ( including mocumentaries ) and a lot of War Movies.

I play Playstation 3 ( PSN; ottomaniac89 ), the games I play are Madden 2010, NHL 10, Call of Duty ( all of them ), MAG, and many more.

I work at Best Buy as a Home Theater Sales Associate, and I go to school Full-time majoring in "Marketing Management".

If there is anything else you want to know, let me know :)

Welcome aboard, Ottoman (Jots) <---- I promise, that won't stick.

And this is where this thread has enormous benefits. The personal stories we can share. Case in point.

I knew Brian (Marilyn Manson) when he was a local kid down here in South Florida. My ex-wife's brother used to do some paper machet props for him to use during his shows. I remember once coming home from work, and I stopped by my then-fiancee's house, and there was Brian and Mike (my ex-wife's brother) in the garage building this enormous brown cow out of paper machet. I walk through the gargage, give Brian a nod, and ask him what this big fat cow is for. He whips out a 14 inch "prop" from behind him, straps it on, and then proceeds to show me where he'll be taking it to the cow.

Eh, yeeeahhh... that's nice, Brian. I'm gonna go inside now and make a sammich. I had a daughter back then too, and when she was about a year old, maybe a little less, he (Marilyn Manson) used to like to hold her. I don't know what it was about her, but he always got a big kick out of her. If I had known he was going to be some huge Superstar down the road, I would have gotten lots of photos of that.

Great musician and performer though - no doubt. If you ever get the chance to speak to him, ask him about Mike from Coral Springs and the cow he "did" on stage. I'm sure he'll remember.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
That's awesome! He seems to be a gentle guy when you get to know him and realize him. He's doing everything for a message, and the message is "Be who you want to be, and be who you are, don't let anyone or anything stop you." I love listening to him talk, he's such an intelligent guy!

That's funny about the cow, it seems like that's something he'd do!

Also, the thing about your daughter, that's super cool! It shows the soft side in him :)

RamsFan4Life

Starter
BTW..........and not that I assume anyone cares..........but I am NOT the same RamsFan4Life as at the PD.

I ended up being FRAAAP after getting bounced as RamsFanSince67.

Most around from the old X board will know me as RF4L tho.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Haha! I love the lyrics, I can dig it though. I grew up in Northeast Iowa so I heard my fair share of music like that :mrgreen:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsFan4Life said:
BTW..........and not that I assume anyone cares..........but I am NOT the same RamsFan4Life as at the PD.

There are pretenders and contenders, but there's only one ORIGINAL RamsFan4Life.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
StlouisramsX said:
RamsFan4Life said:

There are pretenders and contenders, but there's only one ORIGINAL RamsFan4Life.

Thank you brutha!

I didn't mean to possibly imply that PD dude was a knob or anything.....just waddint me.

There's really only one dude over there who's takes I really remember and that one dude zn and his deal with Bulger.

I remember diggity the dude with the Duke quote.......great words to live by.....unless yer stupid. :lmao:

And a giggity cuz thats dude from family guy.

Anyhow.....not me. I am a bigger hater on all things non-Ram than anyone on the planet.....I don't care what he may have said. I saw he had like 6K posts.....musta said something important....

Aight so this is me. And FRAAAP

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
old larry said:
ottoman89 said:
Haha! I love the lyrics, I can dig it though. I grew up in Northeast Iowa so I heard my fair share of music like that :mrgreen:

Iowa? Ever heard of this guy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1DETrwL-Ug[/youtube]
No sir, but I really like that song!