LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Hello, hello!

My name is Gil and I've been a Rams fan since '83 or so. My dad was a Rams fan so I followed his steps. I grew up in the Orange County area so Anaheim Stadium was only a 15 minute drive. I was bummed when they left for STL but there was no way I was going to cheer for another team.

I've been in the navy for nearly 17 years and I'm back in socal to finish up my final 3 years to retirement. I'm a P-3 Flight Engineer and I nearly have 4,000 flight hours. The navy has been good to me but I'm trying to get my degree before I retire so I can be ready for post navy life. I've been married for 10 years and I have a 2 year old boy who is well on track to be the next Rams fan in our family.

I just moved to Socal from the Seattle area and Seattle is my newly hated team. Being around all of those fans drove me nuts and I'm ready for the Rams to start running this division again.

I'm loving the feel of this site... Hopefully it can gain momentum and keep growing.

GO RAMS!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
GcBean said:
Hello, hello!

My name is Gil and I've been a Rams fan since '83 or so. My dad was a Rams fan so I followed his steps. I grew up in the Orange County area so Anaheim Stadium was only a 15 minute drive. I was bummed when they left for STL but there was no way I was going to cheer for another team.

I've been in the navy for nearly 17 years and I'm back in socal to finish up my final 3 years to retirement. I'm a P-3 Flight Engineer and I nearly have 4,000 flight hours. The navy has been good to me but I'm trying to get my degree before I retire so I can be ready for post navy life. I've been married for 10 years and I have a 2 year old boy who is well on track to be the next Rams fan in our family.

I just moved to Socal from the Seattle area and Seattle is my newly hated team. Being around all of those fans drove me nuts and I'm ready for the Rams to start running this division again.

I'm loving the feel of this site... Hopefully it can gain momentum and keep growing.

GO RAMS!

Welcome! And thanks for the kind words. We're going to do everything we can to get this place to take off, and then maintain it for years and years to come. We'll also fight the urge (very hard) to advertise on it. Sometimes that can be tempting, but ultimately, it takes away from the appeal.

As for Seattle, I - AM - RIGHT - THERE - WITH - YOU. Cannot STAND the Seahawks, their stupid "12th man", or anything about them. You know, putting it mildly. :ww: I'm sure it's a nice place to visit, but for whatever reason, that team really grates against my skin. I look forward to sharing mutual contempt for them with you on game days.

I'll bring the pitchforks. :evil:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I live in Big Sky Country. I have been a Rams fan since 1969 when I got my first helmet. I played football in high school and college. I coached high school football for 5 years in the late 80's and early 90's. I took a break to start a family and coached another 5 years as my boys entered high school. My oldest is playing in college (Carroll College-MT). My other two are going into their senior year in high school. I love football, albeit high school, college, or professional.

Thanks for taking the time to create this site. It looks awesome.

GO RAMS!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MontanaRamFan said:
I live in Big Sky Country. I have been a Rams fan since 1969 when I got my first helmet. I played football in high school and college. I coached high school football for 5 years in the late 80's and early 90's. I took a break to start a family and coached another 5 years as my boys entered high school. My oldest is playing in college (Carroll College-MT). My other two are going into their senior year in high school. I love football, albeit high school, college, or professional.

GO RAMS!!!

Excellent! Someone with in-depth chalk knowledge. Glad you took the time to register. I'm sure you'll be able to add a TON to some of our discussions. So, do you follow college football in general, or do you have a favorite team? And what offense do you guys run when you're coaching (or is it defense)?

Welcome aboard, coach.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
StlouisramsX said:
MontanaRamFan said:

GO RAMS!!!

Excellent! Someone with in-depth chalk knowledge. Glad you took the time to register. I'm sure you'll be able to add a TON to some of our discussions. So, do you follow college football in general, or do you have a favorite team? And what offense do you guys run when you're coaching (or is it defense)?

Welcome aboard, coach.

In high school, we ran three formations; pro, slot and two-tight. Run-Pass was 70-30. Defensively, we ran a 5-2 defense which was more like the 3-4 scheme used today. In college, we ran option football and it was great. I was an offensive lineman so it was the 'ol “3 yards and a cloud of dust." My first stint coaching in high school, we ran the same offense and defense that we ran in college. When I returned to coaching in the 2003, we went to a spread offense. It was a far cry from the days of lining up and playing smash mouth football. Now we were spreading out the defense and utilizing our team speed. Defensively, we used a 4-3 scheme with multiple coverages.

I miss coaching, but it was tough trying to coach and work a regular full-time job. Those who have coached any sport know it can be the most rewarding experience. And, as most know, coaching demands much time, when you include off-season training/workouts along with the regular season.

My wife and I now chase our boys across the state on Montana. My twin sons are going into their senior year in high school, and my oldest will be junior in college. So, Fridays are high school football, Saturdays for college football, and thanks to my satellite, I can watch the Rams on Sunday.

Go Maroons, Go Saints and Go Rams!!! :bg:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MontanaRamFan said:
In high school, we ran three formations; pro, slot and two-tight. Run-Pass was 70-30. Defensively, we ran a 5-2 defense which was more like the 3-4 scheme used today. In college, we ran option football and it was great. I was an offensive lineman so it was the 'ol “3 yards and a cloud of dust." My first stint coaching in high school, we ran the same offense and defense that we ran in college. When I returned to coaching in the 2003, we went to a spread offense. It was a far cry from the days of lining up and playing smash mouth football. Now we were spreading out the defense and utilizing our team speed. Defensively, we used a 4-3 scheme with multiple coverages.

I miss coaching, but it was tough trying to coach and work a regular full-time job. Those who have coached any sport know it can be the most rewarding experience. And, as most know, coaching demands much time, when you include off-season training/workouts along with the regular season.

My wife and I now chase our boys across the state on Montana. My twin sons are going into their senior year in high school, and my oldest will be junior in college. So, Fridays are high school football, Saturdays for college football, and thanks to my satellite, I can watch the Rams on Sunday.

Go Maroons, Go Saints and Go Rams!!! :bg:

Well that's just great. Thanks for breaking it down for me like that. Sounds like the days of Yor are almost out the door (smashmouth). As these kids get faster and faster, the spread is going to become far more prevalent. Kinda does these kids a disservice when they're auditioning for the pro's, but obviously it's not a college's responsibility to prep kids for the NFL. Just win, baby.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Tebow translates to the NFL and if his work ethic will be enough for him to overcome the obvious obstacles he faces. Phenomenal college kid to be sure, and pretty polarizing as well (though, I can't understand that). Also, obviously, looking forward to Bradford's time under center this preseason. Gonna be great to see him running this team. I mean, c'mon... when's the last time the Rams took a QB #1 overall? Never in my lifetime, and I've been a fan for over 30 years. Not as long as you, of course, but long enough. Hell, anything over 12 years for this team is a testament to your loyalty.

Anyway, welcome again. Good to have ya on board.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
My name is L.J. I am 28 years old. I originally born and raised in Creve Coeur. I now reside in Springfield, MO. This area is becoming the land of opportunity as our 3rd biggest city in MO. I work in IT. I love computers and I love the Rams. Since day one, I have followed the Rams when they moved to STL in 1995. Heck, I didn't watch football until they came to STL. I knew somewhat of their history, but when they came here, I researched the hell of them. The Rams are always first from any team in the NFL. I get sick and tired of football (so called) fans who jump ship. I also do not like when ppl only comment to the Rams is, "Oh well the Rams suck" I mean, have you at least seen the games where they are fighting for their lives? No, because they are closed-mind fans. I do like the Colts for Peyton Manning.

Anyways, it looks like before long the STL site will be dead. :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ljramsfan said:
My name is L.J. I am 28 years old. I originally born and raised in Creve Coeur. I now reside in Springfield, MO. This area is becoming the land of opportunity as our 3rd biggest city in MO. I work in IT. I love computers and I love the Rams. Since day one, I have followed the Rams when they moved to STL in 1995. Heck, I didn't watch football until they came to STL. I knew somewhat of their history, but when they came here, I researched the hell of them. The Rams are always first from any team in the NFL. I get sick and tired of football (so called) fans who jump ship. I also do not like when ppl only comment to the Rams is, "Oh well the Rams suck" I mean, have you at least seen the games where they are fighting for their lives? No, because they are closed-mind fans. I do like the Colts for Peyton Manning.

Anyways, it looks like before long the STL site will be dead. :lol:

Nice migration of the good guys heading over here. Me likey. :cheese:

Glad you could make it over, bro. Thanks for giving this place a chance. I'm completely over the whole "Rams suck, front office can do no right, and Spags is an idiot" vibe that I'm seeing over there. I get the skepticism, but I don't get the outright bashing that's going on. That Atogwe situation was a prime example. The front office is idiots for not paying him $7M to stay, idiots for letting him go, and now they're idiots for inking a deal in the $32M range, EVEN THOUGH the contract is probably front loaded and incentive-laden.

Just tarrred of it, man. Just tarrred.

Welcome aboard, LJ. Anything you need -- let me know.

P.S. Peyton Manning is a God.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I am really liking the names here from STLTODAY...lots of good posters so far...I am just hoping some of boners don't make it over :evil: .

Anyway, my real name is Nick and I was born and raised in St.Louis. I have been a Rams fan since '95 and have only missed a handful of home games since that time (which I consider quite a feet since I was only 11 when they moved here.)

I sometimes will get mislabeled because I don't attack a coaches or GM's (questionable) moves right away. I usually try to see their logic in doing whatever it is that they do...then I will reflect on it later and criticize once the results are in.

I work in live events and do a lot of work in the America's Center, which the Edward Jones Dome is a part of...one of the things I do is supply the technical staff on game days. I get to make it on the field during warm ups and I can watch the game from the field if I want, but usually I'd rather just watch from my seats as the field level is hard to see.

My all time favorite athlete is Issac Bruce...with Albert Pujols behind him...D'Marco Farr is my second favorite Ram.

Well, I just want to thank "X" for making this site so that I have just yet another Rams site for me to waste my life browsking :huh: ... :x ... :boohoo: ... :cry:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Hey X i had a thought, why not PM a few of the guys from the stltoday board who havent made it over here yet that you think could add to this new community? that way you could avoid flat out advertising this board over there which would have the benefit of avoiding the trolls heading over here too...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good to see ya, Nick. I might have to put a custom profile field on the side there, so that guys can make the name they'd prefer to be called, available for all to see. Cool deal getting on the field during warm-ups too. Are you allowed to take pictures too?

And.... Scots - I'm going to be doing just that.

As far as people who aren't going to be offering anything over here, there's an easy solution to that...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
StlouisramsX said:
Good to see ya, Nick. I might have to put a custom profile field on the side there, so that guys can make the name they'd prefer to be called, available for all to see. Cool deal getting on the field during warm-ups too. Are you allowed to take pictures too?

And.... Scots - I'm going to be doing just that.

As far as people who aren't going to be offering anything over here, there's an easy solution to that...

No...NFL rules, no photos, no children, no autographs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
... and only BLACK font color (unless you're a female -- then it's okay).

snr4evah

UDFA
Name
Laurie
I guess I'm the first female? Awesome, ok my name is Laurie, I was raised in California and attended many Rams games as a cheerleader while in HS. I was a competitive gymnast in HS and college and moved to Oklahoma when my Dad's government job transferred him. I graduated from OU with a BS in nursing, I now work as an RN in Edmond, OK. I have 2 daughters, the first in PA school at OU and the baby just starting her freshman year at Edmond North HS. My husband is a retired OK Highway Patrol Trooper and now a district manager for a major gun company. He covers Texas and Oklahoma. I have to admit..... I am new at the NFL football scene, I know alot about college football, so if I ask retarded questions, please forgive me.... I have been extremely attentive to the entire NFL process of getting Sam to the Rams. I won $200 betting he would go first to this team. Since my intitial exposure to the NFL was the Rams it is bittersweet that my alltime favorite player is now a Ram! I don't want to be labeled a bandwagon fan, so I intend to learn as much about this franchise and team as possible, I am very loyal and passionate about the teams I claim which will always be OU and now the Rams! I can get angry and impatient with some posters, but try to take a breath before responding some impulsive post. I am excited about this board, would love to have my own avatar, but need help with that. I am very competitive, basically love football and can't wait to get this season started. thanks for the invite!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well thank you for joining, Laurie. From reading your post, I do believe you'll fit in nicely here. What we're trying to do here is get away from the Debbie Downers for a while and just revel in the glory that is the Rams. You'll get quite the history lesson if you hang around here long enough, and I've provided some links to the left there, that can get you started on the basics (previous coaches, players, records, playoff appearances, etc). There are quite a few "blue-n-whiters" in here too, so you'll get a good account of the late 60's, early 70's from them from time to time (if they awaken from their naps :?!: ). Kidding, of course.

Like you, we're all pretty excited about Sammy and what he'll (hopefully) be able to do to help resurrect this once very proud franchise. And it appears as though he's got a new best friend in Gilyard, so I'm kinda hoping that pays off in the Manning-Harrison, Young-Rice mold real soon.

Whatever kind of avatar you want, just let me know and I'll make it happen.

Again, welcome aboard. It's really great to have someone with your first-hand knowledge of Bradford around here.

Thanks for inviting me all! My name is Patrick and I live in Fayetteville, AR. Huge NFL fan before money and free agency changed the game....oh yeah and franchises changing cities. The one constant that has always been for me has been the Sooners and the college game. Now it's changing too, some exciting, some not. Anyways, for obvious reasons I am now a big time Rams fan. I admit I grew up a Colts fan(no NFL teams in Oklahoma) and out of sheer loyalty, and not like being referred to as a "bandwagon fan", I guess I still pull for them. Admittedly my passion for the NFL game isn't what it is for the college game at this point, but it hasn't always been that way. I've always liked the Rams as well, and now have a real rooting interest. I look forward to following this team over the next decade and a half, and hope that Sammy does for you guys what he did for us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Soonerforever said:
Thanks for inviting me all! My name is Patrick and I live in Fayetteville, AR. Huge NFL fan before money and free agency changed the game....oh yeah and franchises changing cities. The one constant that has always been for me has been the Sooners and the college game. Now it's changing too, some exciting, some not. Anyways, for obvious reasons I am now a big time Rams fan. I admit I grew up a Colts fan(no NFL teams in Oklahoma) and out of sheer loyalty, and not like being referred to as a "bandwagon fan", I guess I still pull for them. Admittedly my passion for the NFL game isn't what it is for the college game at this point, but it hasn't always been that way. I've always liked the Rams as well, and now have a real rooting interest. I look forward to following this team over the next decade and a half, and hope that Sammy does for you guys what he did for us.

Excellent. I was hoping you'd come over.

For everyone else, I've liked this guy from day one. Came over to the PD as a Sooners fan, talked a great deal about Bradford, and was immediately forced to have to deal with Captain Condescension (and we all know who that is). That was probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Talk about your all-time initiations - or - hazings, as the case was.

Thanks for registering, Patrick. Looking forward to yours and Snr4evah's input in the coming months. It's great to have real-life Sooners fans on this board to talk to, and again, really happy you made it over. Anything you need, you let me know.

X

STLINI

UDFA
Whats up guys. Thanks X for the invite to the board, you guys have done a good job.

Name is Matt and I'm 29. Been a Rams fan ever since they moved here. I was too young to get very attached to the Cardinals before they left, so when we finally got the Rams, I was on board from day 1.

I'm a Civil Engineer in the metro Illinois area. I have a 2 year old daughter and just had a son that's 4 months old, so I can't wait to get him started on the Rams this fall.

Played QB and FS in high school. Been a football junkie my whole life. I'm excited as heck at the new direction the Rams look like their headed in. If I can ever find time away from the wife and kids, I love grabbing a beer and talking some football with fellow Rams junkies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
STLINI said:
Whats up guys. Thanks X for the invite to the board, you guys have done a good job.

Name is Matt and I'm 29. Been a Rams fan ever since they moved here. I was too young to get very attached to the Cardinals before they left, so when we finally got the Rams, I was on board from day 1.

I'm a Civil Engineer in the metro Illinois area. I have a 2 year old daughter and just had a son that's 4 months old, so I can't wait to get him started on the Rams this fall.

Played QB and FS in high school. Been a football junkie my whole life. I'm excited as heck at the new direction the Rams look like their headed in. If I can ever find time away from the wife and kids, I love grabbing a beer and talking some football with fellow Rams junkies.

Thanks for dropping in, Matt. Appreciate it.

Hey, we have another guy on this board, Doug, who's an engineer for the transportation department. I think that might be in Indiana though (RamsFan4Life). You guys got your PE? I played safety in high school too - strong side. As a result I usually key on defense when watching, but now that Sammy Boy has arrived, I might take a look at the weaker positions too. :twisted:

Get your son any Rams gear yet? When my son was a lil X, I got him some stuff - even though he had no interest in it or any idea what he was wearing. That's what we do, afterall.

Welcome aboard, brah. Anything you need, let me know.

SOKA

UDFA
SOKA SKATE AND SNOW!

I'm a 46 year old small business owner that has been a Rams fan since I got PSL's in 1995!

That same year I opened S.O.K.A. LTD.. It's a skateboard, snowboard shop that sells all kinds of clothes from Emerica to Altamont to shoes like NIKE SB, Vans, Es, and old school chucks with new school memory foam and actual padded inserts for skateboarding!

And yes.. S.O.K.A. Does stand for SICK OF KISSING ASS!