LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Stupid fun movie tho! I'll watch it more times than Nomadland haha.

"Flawless victory!" lol. I really liked it when they incorporated the old theme song into the fight music. I'd give it a 6/10.
Even if the story line is awesome but if it is not a movie I can watch more than once - then I will say it is a good movie and not a great movie

I call a movie great if I can watch it over and over even if technically the story line is not that great.

Some of the stupidest movies story line wise I still call great because it is fun to watch over and over.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if the story line is awesome but if it is not a movie I can watch more than once - then I will say it is a good movie and not a great movie

I call a movie great if I can watch it over and over even if technically the story line is not that great.

Some of the stupidest movies story line wise I still call great because it is fun to watch over and over.
Your last line is the exact definition of
Big Trouble in Little China
A freaking classic

Tano

Legend
And I consider that movie a Great movie lol

Burton
Jack Burton
Who?
Me
I need my wife to send me the Comic Con picture from 2019 where a couple and their child dressed up as the ancient Chinese guy, jack burton's girlfriend in her Chinese outfit (if you can call her a girlfriend - aren't you going to kiss her goodbye .... NO) and their kid was driving a miniature version of the Pork-Chop Express. It was awesome.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Great thing about movies, is that everyone has their own definition. I use movies to forget about reality. So the more over the top and ridiculous they get, the better. I just really need a plot and good flow for it to woo me. I'm real easy to entertain lol.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love Horror Movies. I'm always searching to find any that I haven't seen. So I was reading something yesterday about this movie that was so fucking graphic and twisted that the people who made the movie were actually arrested for murder. They had to prove that the people in the movie were still alive in a real trial apparently. Plus... I guess the damn thing is banned in many different countries.

After reading that... I had to try and see it. I found it on Amazon and paid the $3.99 to watch it last night.

The movie is titled Cannibal Holocaust. It was filmed in the Amazon jungle back in 1985 by an Italian movie outfit... but the actors speak English in the movie.

Be warned... there is some SERIOUSLY fucked up shit in this thing. Shocking. Lots of full nudity too. I can honestly say that it is one of the most fucked-up movies I've ever seen, if not The Most fucked-up. Solely because of that... I'm giving it a 9.99.

You have been WARNED!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
For horror - my all time favorites are the Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity. Not the scariest, but they were both so different than anything had ever been

Scariest? The exorcist.

One that screwed me up the most? Tusk.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In horror? My favorite is The Thing. Always has been. I love a good psychological horror. You don't have to do blood, guts, and the like to show a good horror film/story. Hell, you don't even need dialogue for the best ones. The Thing was perfect psychological horror, especially the end, where the two survivors, not knowing if they're part of the Thing, shared a scotch, waiting to die. The entire film was hauntingly-beautiful from start to finish.

The horror film that scared me the absolute most? MIRRORs with Kiefer Sutherland of 24 fame (that's why I wanted to watch it). I couldn't muster the courage to look in a mirror for a year after watching it. Yes, there was gore, but that wasn't the reason I was scared; it took something mundane and made it a scary-as-shit concept, much like Stephen King did with cellphones, like Poe did with a black cat. I can always appreciate a horror film like that.

The movie is titled Cannibal Holocaust. It was filmed in the Amazon jungle back in 1985 by an Italian movie outfit... but the actors speak English in the movie.

Be warned... there is some SERIOUSLY fucked up shit in this thing. Shocking. Lots of full nudity too. I can honestly say that it is one of the most fucked-up movies I've ever seen, if not The Most fucked-up. Solely because of that... I'm giving it a 9.99.

You have been WARNED!

But yeah, fuck Cannibal Holocaust, and fuck Ruggero Deodaro (the director). Not only is it a racist stereotype of two tribes that actually do exist and don't partake in cannibalism (because, while made-up things may not sound as good, at least you aren't insulting a whole existing ethnic culture with that.), but seven animals were brutally killed on-screen. Two monkeys were killed because the first one didn't apparently "do the right take". All of those animals died in agony because apparently, they're all going to die, so why treat them humanely, right?

Great concept that did the whole camera film stuff well, but the director has no fucking heart, no fucking soul. He definitely deserved the jail time he got for animal cruelty.

fearsomefour

Legend
Those That Want Me Dead
2/10
Boring story with cartoon cutout characters.
The kid isn’t likable.
The dialog is predictable and beyond cheesy.
Angelina Jolie as a tough chick/rough and tumble bad ass wild fire fighter is laughable. She looks like she just stumbled out of the concentration camp to go fight fires.
She looks like she weighs 60 lbs.
There are a couple of shots....with the lighting just so....that are supposed to show case her beauty. A couple of them work. The rest showcase her bizarre sunken skin stretched Michael Jackson death mask face.
Get some help already.
They make a nod to this with the kid making a supposed clever comment about her being so skinny.
Anyway, this is a laughably bad steaming pile of garbage and Jolie is a shitty actress.
I can see why it took a pandemic for this to be released.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Those That Want Me Dead
2/10
Boring story with cartoon cutout characters.
The kid isn’t likable.
The dialog is predictable and beyond cheesy.
Angelina Jolie as a tough chick/rough and tumble bad ass wild fire fighter is laughable. She looks like she just stumbled out of the concentration camp to go fight fires.
She looks like she weighs 60 lbs.
There are a couple of shots....with the lighting just so....that are supposed to show case her beauty. A couple of them work. The rest showcase her bizarre sunken skin stretched Michael Jackson death mask face.
Get some help already.
They make a nod to this with the kid making a supposed clever comment about her being so skinny.
Anyway, this is a laughably bad steaming pile of garbage and Jolie is a shitty actress.
I can see why it took a pandemic for this to be released.
Yep it was disappointing. As soon as I turned it on, it felt hokey. I went to forest fire fighting training. It’s an incredibly difficult job. You work your ass off and have to be in great physical condition. I could have done it back in my twenties, after 30? No way. And no way does a chick like Angelina ever come close to doing it for five or ten minutes. The beer drinking goof off crowd doesn’t belong either. Everyone has to be on their game with that job. My cousin married one. He trains them now. He painted a much different picture of what it’s like. I had trouble taking it seriously. But props to John Bernthol and Medina Senghore. They were the most believable characters in the movie and more interesting than the rest of the cast.

Tano

Legend
I need my wife to send me the Comic Con picture from 2019 where a couple and their child dressed up as the ancient Chinese guy, jack burton's girlfriend in her Chinese outfit (if you can call her a girlfriend - aren't you going to kiss her goodbye .... NO) and their kid was driving a miniature version of the Pork-Chop Express. It was awesome.
This is the picture of them.

Kids don't look happy lol

1621602740515.png

Forgot that the wife was the other Chinese girl and the daughter was dressed up as Jack Burton's girlfriend.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Not a film but a short series. Band of Brothers. HBO miniseries. If you have never seen this, you have to watch it. One of the best parts is the commentary by the real soldiers that the film is about. Dick Winters is one of those men that others would follow through hell. I served under someone like that, and it's not something you can learn, or train someone to be. They just "are"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyDkHvi9yeI

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not a film but a short series. Band of Brothers. HBO miniseries. If you have never seen this, you have to watch it. One of the best parts is the commentary by the real soldiers that the film is about. Dick Winters is one of those men that others would follow through hell. I served under someone like that, and it's not something you can learn, or train someone to be. They just "are"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyDkHvi9yeI

Hall of fame class TV

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The Ninth Gate 10/10.

Fantastic movie. No action to speak of but plenty of intrigue to keep you hooked the whole way.

Easily one of the top 10 movies I've ever seen.

That's one of my favorite movies. It's cheesy in many ways but the characters and the feel of it make up for it.

The book is pretty good too btw, but quite different. It actually has a really interesting subplot and misdirection to it with a similar feel.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's one of my favorite movies. It's cheesy in many ways but the characters and the feel of it make up for it.

The book is pretty good too btw, but quite different. It actually has a really interesting subplot and misdirection to it with a similar feel.

I really should read it.

Thanks for the tip.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Horror Movies. I'm always searching to find any that I haven't seen. So I was reading something yesterday about this movie that was so fucking graphic and twisted that the people who made the movie were actually arrested for murder. They had to prove that the people in the movie were still alive in a real trial apparently. Plus... I guess the damn thing is banned in many different countries.

After reading that... I had to try and see it. I found it on Amazon and paid the $3.99 to watch it last night.

You have been WARNED!

C'mon man, it wasn't that bad.

The animal scenes were bad because you knew they were real.

I gotta say, the rape scene in that movie kind of turned me on, which shows how unconvincing it was.

Whereas the rape scene in "Irreversible" mortified me. Which obviously shows how convincing they made it look. Really, it was awful.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
C'mon man, it wasn't that bad.

The animal scenes were bad because you knew they were real.

I gotta say, the rape scene in that movie kind of turned me on, which shows how unconvincing it was.

Whereas the rape scene in "Irreversible" mortified me. Which obviously shows how convincing they made it look. Really, it was awful.

Brudda... you ain't right. :shock:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Those Who Wish Me Dead 4 - 10
Poorly developed story with essentially no exposition. It leaves you not caring about the protagonist much or disliking the villain(s) enough.
It plays as though you were dropped into the middle of a story and are missing a lot of information that would help to engage the audience.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Saw two horror films at the cinema. Nothing as gory as Cannibal Holocaust. Yes, I've seen it. Italian is my favorite horror subgenre. Argento, Bava, and Fulci...

"Spiral" (From the Book of Saw) is in the Saw universe. Cross between Seven and Saw. Heavier on Police procedural than earlier Saw films. Embraces the visceral early saw traps while distancing itself from the Rube Goldberg machine style traps of the later Saw entries. Cops are dying and Detective Chris Rock is hot on the trail of a Saw copycat killer...or not. I liked it, but then I love horror movies. 6/10

"Separation"- an artsy, scary Kramer vs Kramer. Except it’s not boring. Father-and-mother wage a custody battle over six-year-old daughter. Cast rise like a reanimated corpse to share celluloid with Brian Cox and his usual stellar performance.
The scares split like an ax hewn skull into 31 pieces: Unforeseen shocks, creepy Gore-geous doll horror, minimal jump scares, (please don’t kill the kid terror), real life divorce dread, psychedelic panic, and outstanding use dark and light fright! 6/10

Last edited: