LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Loved Spider-man No way Home

this movie was all about fan service

everytime I talk to friends about the movies , their usually all fans of the MCU , but have never really read any of the comics

if I had a nickel for everytime some one asked me about Tobey Maguire's Spider-man of Andrew Garfield's Spider-man

and try and explain the Marvel / SONY deal to them , and then throw in the Fox's X-Men movies

well , you see , Marvel kinda owns the rights to these characters , and SONY owns the rights to these characters , so their different , but now Marvel go the rights back to the X-Men , so all those other X-Men movies no longer count ,

and also............

and also ..............

they just look at you like :woozy:

so I thought this movie did a great job of brining those SONY characters into the MCU , well , for everyone , but probably even more so for just the causal fans

this movie could have been real complicated , but they were able to find a way , to keep it simple

yea , there are a few moments in there you just just sorta have to go with it , but it's a comic book movie , not War and Peace

loved the movie , but the ending

thousand questions

everyone forgets about Peter Parker , what about his teachers , school records , does he have a drivers license , how will he get into MIT without any references ,

etc etc etc

are we getting two Venoms now

are we going to have MCU spider-man , and a SONY Spider-man

I got a thousand questions

there are rumors that Andrew Garfield could return to Amazing Spider-man 3

big rumors that SONY wants to bring back Emma Stone as Spider Gwen , and also looking at Anya Taylor-Joy for the Black cat

anyways............

Morbius comes out in a few weeks , maybe well get a few answers , before Doctor Strange stirs up the pot again

As a pre teen and into my teens I never missed a Spiderman episode in the comic books. We had hundreds of comic books. All the DC comics. The Marvel comics. Even all the Archie comics. Spiderman was always my favorite. After watching all the Defenders series during the shelter at home days I thought it was cool Matt Murdock(Daredevil) had a cameo in Spiderman. And IMAX 4DX is a whole different experience. If there is one near you I recommend trying it. Unless you have a bad back. :laugh3:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
As a pre teen and into my teens I never missed a Spiderman episode in the comic books. We had hundreds of comic books. All the DC comics. The Marvel comics. Even all the Archie comics. Spiderman was always my favorite. After watching all the Defenders series during the shelter at home days I thought it was cool Matt Murdock(Daredevil) had a cameo in Spiderman. And IMAX 4DX is a whole different experience. If there is one near you I recommend trying it. Unless you have a bad back. :laugh3:
no , we defiantly don't have any IMAX 4DX near me , heck even the closest IMAX theater is 3 hours away

I've never been to a IMAX theater before , :sneaky:

the first Sider-man comic I ever remember reading was was Amazing Spider-man 101

it was the debut issue of Marbius , the Living vampire

so basically , I was introduced to Spider-man and Morbius at the same time

so I'm one that is actually excited for the upcoming Morbius , my expectations for the movie aren't all that high , but I am looking forward to it , even if it does suck ...............lol

suck , get it ?.................lol

hopefully we'll get a few answers to what universe this is , and if it ties into any of the MCU

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
no , we defiantly don't have any IMAX 4DX near me , heck even the closest IMAX theater is 3 hours away

I've never been to a IMAX theater before , :sneaky:

the first Sider-man comic I ever remember reading was was Amazing Spider-man 101

it was the debut issue of Marbius , the Living vampire

so basically , I was introduced to Spider-man and Morbius at the same time

so I'm one that is actually excited for the upcoming Morbius , my expectations for the movie aren't all that high , but I am looking forward to it , even if it does suck ...............lol

suck , get it ?.................lol

hopefully we'll get a few answers to what universe this is , and if it ties into any of the MCU
When did Morbius come into the picture? I started reading Spiderman somewhere in the mid to late 60's. I don't remember seeing him. The main villains back then were Kingpin, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Electro. Those were the ones I remember off the top of my head. There were others. He even fought Daredevil back then when both thought the other one was the bad guy. Of all the movies I watched this latest was the best in my opinion. Maybe it was the IMAX experience but I'm pretty sure I woulda enjoyed it either way.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
When did Morbius come into the picture? I started reading Spiderman somewhere in the mid to late 60's. I don't remember seeing him. The main villains back then were Kingpin, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Electro. Those were the ones I remember off the top of my head. There were others. He even fought Daredevil back then when both thought the other one was the bad guy. Of all the movies I watched this latest was the best in my opinion. Maybe it was the IMAX experience but I'm pretty sure I woulda enjoyed it either way.
Morbius first showed up in Amazing Spider-man 101 , in 1971 , so he's been around for quite a while , on and off in Spider-man comics , he's been is the Spider-man animated series , he's even had a few short lived solo comic books series of his own

but just has never reached the cult status as many other Spider-man villains have

I was surprised when I heard that SONY was making a Morbius movie , I thought , of all the classic Spider-man villains SONY owns the right to , why Morbius ?

but me personally , I was cool with it , because Morbius is the first Spider-man villain I was introduced to when I was like 5 or 6 years old

I see Michael Keaton is in Morbius , which I would assume is the Vulture , but who knows , but is he the Vulture from the MCU , or a different Adrian Toomes from the same universe as Venom

soooooooooooooo many questions to be answered

amazing-spider-man-101-marvel-comics-500x500.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Joe Bell 9.5/10

It’s on Prime. True story with a powerful message. Very moving and reflective. It really makes you think.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why I didnt know about this film before. The content can be really tough to deal with but the movie was outstanding. Jake Gyllenhal (who I've never been a big fan of) was amazing in this film.
I give it a 9/10
Watched it tonight. I’d forgotten I had watched part of it years ago. Insane movie. The lengths a patent would go through.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I LOVED The Gentleman and Lock, Stock is one of my favourite films of all time, so I was looking forward to watching the new Guy Ritchie, Wrath of Man at the weekend.

I'm pretty sure Ritchie was on some of sponsored-cliche for charity during the first 20 minutes, as the script was just awful.

I'd have stopped right then and there if he hadn't made it and built up some trust equity.

It did get somewhat better, but I'm really not convinced that security guards saunter back to their armed vehicles chatting with $2m on a sack truck wearing no head or neck protection.

Statham is fairly charismatic, but he's nevertheless still Jason fucking Statham in every movie. The only real need I can think of to make him British is that he can't do accents. Sliding in one joke about him being a Limey and one-line about him going back to London doesn't really cover up the fact there was no benefit to the plot.

As I said, it got somewhat better but the ending didn't make a fat lot of sense and the way Ritchie fucked about with the timelines was a bit confusing.

Gerald Everett/10 - Promised a lot but in the end failed to deliver.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Irishman 3/10 - Pointless last hurrah for a bunch of over the hill actors who are no longer good actors. They tried to squeeze one more mobster flick out of Pesci, Deniro, Keitel and Pacino. It didn't work. I fell asleep before it ended.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Morbius first showed up in Amazing Spider-man 101 , in 1971 , so he's been around for quite a while , on and off in Spider-man comics , he's been is the Spider-man animated series , he's even had a few short lived solo comic books series of his own

but just has never reached the cult status as many other Spider-man villains have

I was surprised when I heard that SONY was making a Morbius movie , I thought , of all the classic Spider-man villains SONY owns the right to , why Morbius ?

but me personally , I was cool with it , because Morbius is the first Spider-man villain I was introduced to when I was like 5 or 6 years old

I see Michael Keaton is in Morbius , which I would assume is the Vulture , but who knows , but is he the Vulture from the MCU , or a different Adrian Toomes from the same universe as Venom

soooooooooooooo many questions to be answered

amazing-spider-man-101-marvel-comics-500x500.jpg
I had this comic, pretty much all Spider-man from issue #39 to the 140s before I stopped collecting. Yeah including the Punisher issue when it was dirt cheap and the GG death one. Loved Romita's art, he and JB were my favorites; Kane subbed in this Morbius comic but never liked him. Disliked his twisted pretzel fight scenes and the shadings under the nose style.

But this pic brought me back to those happy days collecting Marvel comics. I had several before they got too expensive. Many are overpriced these days and I switched to digital for the back issues of my old collection.

The Morbius movie I'd like to see, but if they made a film on this 3-issue comic story and many other classics like Avengers vs Defenders and Hulk vs Thing in FF I'd be thrilled.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Does that stuff get all over your food?
No it doesn't. The smoke is in the front and the water is a very fine mist. Pretty much evaporates very quickly. But you gotta hold onto that popcorn when the seats go crazy.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Joe Bell 9.5/10

It’s on Prime. True story with a powerful message. Very moving and reflective. It really makes you think.
Interesting, I can't seem to start it after having some interest. The reviews are pretty bad but mostly critical of the trickery and MW's choice of motivation. I will have to give it a shot.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Interesting, I can't seem to start it after having some interest. The reviews are pretty bad but mostly critical of the trickery and MW's choice of motivation. I will have to give it a shot.
I didn’t rate it from a cinematic standpoint. It was a little slow.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No it doesn't. The smoke is in the front and the water is a very fine mist. Pretty much evaporates very quickly. But you gotta hold onto that popcorn when the seats go crazy.
Micro particles. It’s why you should always close the lid before flushing the toilet. Otherwise you could be breathing in the contents without knowing…..or so my germaphobic wife tells me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Irishman 3/10 - Pointless last hurrah for a bunch of over the hill actors who are no longer good actors. They tried to squeeze one more mobster flick out of Pesci, Deniro, Keitel and Pacino. It didn't work. I fell asleep before it ended.
Absolutely. This was really a pathetic attempt to use the fame of the actors instead of making even a decent movie. The CGI to make them look younger failed miserably, every line was canned... Just a really bad movie.