LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It was released Thursday here in Maryland, but limited theaters for sure. I buried my best friend Thursday. He was a Rams fan for most of his life. The Lead actor looks like a young version of him actually.

He would have been 50 on Christmas day. I may see it a day before. I will be watching with a heavy, heavy heart.
Really sorry to see this man. That's pretty tough.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It depends for me. In some he’s very good and in others he overacts his role
Same. My favorite roles of his are Raising Arizona and Moonstruck. When he's kind of goofy he's at his best IMO.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
The French Dispatch

9/10

Off-beat, quirky, wonderful Wes Anderson film. Won't be to everyone's tastes but if you enjoyed The Grand Budapest Hotel you should enjoy this.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Watched this on Prime over the weekend. It's free.

It's the 2nd most fucked up movie I've ever watched... very close to being the #1 most fucked up though. It starts a little slow, but after they get to Sweden... Holy Fucking Shit Man.

View: https://youtu.be/1Vnghdsjmd0

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Watched this on Prime over the weekend. It's free.

It's the 2nd most fucked up movie I've ever watched... very close to being the #1 most fucked up though. It starts a little slow, but after they get to Sweden... Holy Fucking Shit Man.

View: https://youtu.be/1Vnghdsjmd0

By the same director who made Hereditary. He's definitely a master at the craft of directing horror.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It looks a bit like the Whicker Man

Much more fucked up than The Wicker Man. The first scene, @Selassie I should've scared you off. Where the MC's sister commits the murder/suicide of her parents with carbon monoxide. She got the gas via a hose. If that didn't scare you off, I have no sympathy for any scarring this may have done.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
'The Watch' - 8.75/10

Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill, and Vince Vaughan. My wife and I laughed through the entire thing. There aren't many movies that crack us both up. We have IMDB on Amazon Prime. We watched it there with commercials. The commercials weren't too long nor all that many.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 8.5 -10 (IMO)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqQe3OrsMKI

It’s peculiar that this movie was made in 2009 starring Michael Nyquist and Noomi Repace. Then this version was made in 2011 starting Daniel Craig. Both got the same 7.8 rating in IMDb.

The 2001 version is on Netflix and the 2009 version is on Prime.

I wonder why they’d make the same successful movie only two years apart.

Edit: I looked it up. The first version is Swedish and has English subtitles. It didn’t gross as much in the U.S. but it was good enough to make an English version.

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s peculiar that this movie was made in 2009 starring Michael Nyquist and Noomi Repace. Then this version was made in 2011 starting Daniel Craig. Both got the same 7.8 rating in IMDb.

The 2001 version is on Netflix and the 2009 version is on Prime.

I wonder why they’d make the same successful movie only two years apart.

Edit: I looked it up. The first version is Swedish and has English subtitles. It didn’t gross as much in the U.S. but it was good enough to make an English version.
Both are good. Noomi RePace made a few more in the series but, all in Swedish. If I had just a little spare time to learn Swedish @Loyal

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Both are good. Noomi RePace made a few more in the series but, all in Swedish. If I had just a little spare time to learn Swedish @Loyal
Americans are looked down upon because they don’t like subtitled movies. I have watched them but it does take away from the imagery and experience

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 8.5 -10 (IMO)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqQe3OrsMKI

Rooney Mara should have won the Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal in this film, ... thought for sure they'd complete the entire trilogy with her.
If you want to watch the complete trilogy you'll have to watch the Swedish version with English sub-titles where Noomi Rapace is the lead. I read the excellent books so had little choice but to watch both versions, and they are all worth viewing.

edit:
I see the followup posts already allude to the Swedish version, and they are definitely worth the effort.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Best movie I've seen in awhile is the 'Tender Bar', now streaming on Amazon.

8.5/9 out of 10.

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rooney Mara should have won the Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal in this film, ... thought for sure they'd complete the entire trilogy with her.
If you want to watch the complete trilogy you'll have to watch the Swedish version with English sub-titles where Noomi Rapace is the lead. I read the excellent books so had little choice but to watch both versions, and they are all worth viewing.

edit:
I see the followup posts already allude to the Swedish version, and they are definitely worth the effort.
When she gets her revenge and leaves her tattoo, Justice & amazingly scary all in one scene.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
When she gets her revenge and leaves her tattoo, Justice & amazingly scary all in one scene.

That was a great scene, she was fearless.
Rooney went thru quite a physical transformation for the role as well, already a pretty thin girl, she lost a bunch of weight for the part, and she nailed it imo. The movie has been out for a few years now, but if you ever want the steroid edition, get all 3 books.
jmo.