Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Such bullshit

I am sorry - this is a business and you get what is best for the team

I like Ramsey but this was a crap trade
Yeah, in my business he'd be arguing with the state about the breach of his fiduciary duty.

Psycho_X

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1637834776823443456?s=20

I get it but you have a responsibility to the organization too. You took Ford money for a Cadillac...

Yeah it sucks but one thing drove this and that was Ramsey only wanting to go to Dolphins. He didn't ask for a trade but given the options this is what he chose and everyone knew Ramsey would not play for other teams. So hands were kind of tied. Also sounds like McVay and Snead like Hunter Long... hopefully that plays out how they see it because we desperately need help at TE. If Long grows into a decent TE for us the trade will be worth it... time will tell.

Tano

Legend
Yeah it sucks but one thing drove this and that was Ramsey only wanting to go to Dolphins. He didn't ask for a trade but given the options this is what he chose and everyone knew Ramsey would not play for other teams. So hands were kind of tied. Also sounds like McVay and Snead like Hunter Long... hopefully that plays out how they see it because we desperately need help at TE. If Long grows into a decent TE for us the trade will be worth it... time will tell.
I don't have high hopes for Long. 1 reception in two years sounds like another Hopkins.

I could be wrong. I never saw him play so I can't give a good analysis of what I see in him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't have high hopes for Long. 1 reception in two years sounds like another Hopkins.

I could be wrong. I never saw him play so I can't give a good analysis of what I see in him.

Yeah, but this could easily be the fault of our old TE's coach & Offensive Coordinator, same with Miami's. 12 regular season targets for Hopkins in 2 years was sacrilege, and 3 for Long in 2 years is just plain embarrassing. Here's hoping with new coaching leadership from the Rams they turn out more like Cleveland's rarely used OG Austin Corbett did for us. jmo.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
DaSilva quotes Breer.

Breer provides NO details and NO sources regarding alleged other offers.

“Sports Journalism.” :eyeroll:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I said this at the time. His history of not playing "the good soldier", scared teams off who knew he didn't want to play for them or preferred to play elsewhere.

They were in a tough spot.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think there's a lot of confusion on here... people are conveniently ignoring the part where teams wouldn't trade for Ramsey without his approval..

"but the Rams wanted to do right by Ramsey, and they also knew what Ramsey himself did—that no one would trade for the corner without knowing Ramsey would sign off on the deal."

If you're arguing they didn't get enough value.. you need to understand that aspect of the asset. It's not that Ramsey had to be happy... it's that other teams only would make a trade for Ramsey if he was happy.

Lots of hand-wringing and blaming without acknowledging this part.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Well, journalists often do not disclose their sources.
We’re not talking about a story about an ongoing investigation prompted by a pharmaceutical company whistleblower. This is about a football trade.

If Breer had provided details about these supposed other offers, then stated that his source asked not to be revealed, that would be one thing.

Instead, all we get is a vague statement in the middle of an article that some blogger then uses as a basis for a “story.”

I’m going to need more than that before I criticize the team for allegedly not taking the best offer.

oldnotdead

Legend
Why do you think FA want to come to LA? Because they know they won't get screwed. How do you think they have attracted so many FAs? It's called doing good business. I made less profits because I went out of my way to treat my employees right. Because of it I had very low turnover, which meant increased efficiency and saved me money in the long run. I didn't constantly raise my prices every year so I kept customers. My very first customer was still with me after 33 years. My biggest client I had for 26 years. Sure I could have raised prices every year, but I didn't so I gave them no reason to move on. Office managers told me that they constantly got solicitations from my competitors but appreciated how I treated them.

You treat people as human beings and not chattel and it pays off in the long run.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They were probably pretty close in value. Otherwise the Rams would have taken one of those other offers. This type of thing only goes so far.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Except those 2 aren't viewed as good as Ramsey if you compare the contracts they have. Only takes one team to value a player enough to trade fair compensation. Saying no one is desperate when 5 teams were offering picks is funny to me, but hey, believe what you want, I see the facts say otherwise. What's to say one of those 5 doesn't get more desperate to get Ramsey by offering just a bit more if we played just a little more hardball? However, we'll never know though so technically we could debate this all day til we are old and grey :laugh2:

You know, there could have been another angle in play.
Maybe 4 of those 5 teams thought THE RAMS might be desperate to shed some payroll and tried to lowball them. So they took a shot, no harm no foul. There has got to be a lot of that going on too, this time of year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You know, there could have been another angle in play.
Maybe 4 of those 5 teams thought THE RAMS might be desperate to shed some payroll and tried to lowball them. So they took a shot, no harm no foul. There has got to be a lot of that going on too, this time of year.
Yeah I imagine the offers were low to begin with which is smart on the other teams, but we could have played a lil hard ball and I believe gotten a bit more. Unfortunately, all this is moot anyways since he's gone. Hopefully we make good use of that 3rd round pick and cap space for next year.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
They were probably pretty close in value. Otherwise the Rams would have taken one of those other offers. This type of thing only goes so far.
Who knows? But the word was Ramsey demanded his final two years guaranteed wherever he was traded and that allegedly narrowed it to Miami......who knew the Rams were desperate. I recall somebody saying, "the Rams should have waited......they did the deal on Monday and had till Wednesday to be under the cap".

So what happens if they make the trade with say, Detroit and Ramsey tells the Lions "not gonna report unless my money is guaranteed". Detroit says, "no deal, trade off" and now the Rams have a day to find somebody or be over the cap and have to release him outright! They were between a rock and a hardass so they got what they could get.