Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I liked it because they say things Rams fans aren't happy to hear. There's a lot of brutal honesty and tough love in there that a lot of people won't ever accept.
Personally, it's not that I disagreed with the negative tone.

It's tough to be positive about the Rams given how things have gone since the start of the 2022 season.

Negativity does not necessarily bother me. However, opinions and analysis should be well thought-out, objective and clearly explained. I expect professional sports journalists to communicate more clearly. On that episode, they were unfocused, rambling and generally all-over-the-place. I listened twice ... 24 hours apart ... wanting to be objective.

I came to the same opinion. Totally unimpressed.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah but don't they have to make sure they get listeners? There's a certain amount of baiting involved.

"There may be something in Stafford's contract that would save the Rams some cap damage." In other words, keep tuning in for the latest!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel bitch slapped by the Dolphins after seeing the Raiders got a 3rd for Waller. Sorry but this is absurd. It’s like @dieterbrock reached through his laptop and pimped slapped me for my smart ass comments. AUGH!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yes, they used more words than typical fans would, but I thought this episode was one of the better ones.

I was especially riveted (literally didn't get out of my car until it ended) by the behind the scenes details of when she pulled McVay aside after the KC game to discuss why he gave up calling plays that game. And she noticed it while the PR team denied it, and only confirmed it when an OC from another NFL team messaged her as he noticed it on the same broadcast. And then didn't report it and decided to pull him aside and not bring it up in front of her colleagues?

This is fascinating stuff as she juggles "scooping" that comes with her job, along with being a good human. These decisions and her approach is what makes her reporting special. Take the insight into McVay's thinking/processing of grandpa McVay's death and the impact it had on him and his locker room?

Ain't gonna get that sort of detail from reading/listening to anyone else but the lurker Jourdan.
Agreed, Jourdan is a rare talent. Insightful, dedicated, a great writer and a good human being.

Personally I don't care much for the 11 Personnel podcasts simply because I don't care for the 45-minutes-long format. In just 5 minutes I can read one of her terrific articles.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sure I was hoping for more for Ramsey but at least we got something while we could I guess. Gilmore and Slay showing how soft market is for CB trades especially those over 30.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ramsey is only 28
I know, Ramsey will be 29 this season... worded it weird probably. Just meant at least we got something for him now instead of waiting another year or two when he might not be worth anything. Either way, doesn't really matter just interesting how soft the trade market has been so far this offseason.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes - Sly cut is an example. How much is he worth on the open market?
Right now it’s like Draft Kings. You need to make the most of your value.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We could have literally cut Ramsey and got a third round comp for him next season.
Very terrible compensation.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We could have literally cut Ramsey and got a third round comp for him next season.
Very terrible compensation.
No you don't get comps for cutting guys or they would have cut Bobby Evans years ago!!! And if they could, they probably would have had to cut him 3 times to get a 7th!

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I know, Ramsey will be 29 this season... worded it weird probably. Just meant at least we got something for him now instead of waiting another year or two when he might not be worth anything. Either way, doesn't really matter just interesting how soft the trade market has been so far this offseason.
Could have possibly gotten more if we were patient as we didn't have to make the trade until Wednesday. Getting it done on Monday wasn't necessary at all.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Could have possibly gotten more if we were patient as we didn't have to make the trade until Wednesday. Getting it done on Monday wasn't necessary at all.
Okay.

So what happens if we waited until Wednesday (or Tuesday) and Miami said, "no deal"......we try and find a last minute trade partner who would guarantee his last 2 years? Isn't that why 3 teams dropped out? Release him and take a 24.6 mil dead cap hit with 740,000 cap relief? Instead of 19 and 5.6?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Okay.

So what happens if we waited until Wednesday (or Tuesday) and Miami said, "no deal"......we try and find a last minute trade partner who wouldn't guarantee his last 2 years? Release him and take a 24 mil dead cap hit with 740,000 cap relief? Instead of 19 and 5.6?
Still think we were too quick as it would have given the opportunity for more desperate teams to bid against each other. No way every team that missed on a CB in FA doesn't target him. No matter what it went down the way it did, but I believe it could have been played better, but that's my opinion whether any agrees with it or not.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Still think we were too quick as it would have given the opportunity for more desperate teams to bid against each other. No way every team that missed on a CB in FA doesn't target him.
WE were the desperate team!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Sure it could have been played better. We should have traded him prior to the trade deadline last year!! Floyd too. Coulda got some great picks in April.