Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But you have to out-draft other teams to improve your roster relatively.
Sure. Not seeing how that is relevant however, as that is going to be true with every facet of being a team in any league.

The draft has its drawbacks, particularly at TE, but if you hit on the position you'll get some productivity year one most likely and year two and beyond boom you got yourself a really nice element for your offense.

Btw the room certainly is better already by adding Long. Higs & Long are definitely a solid TE1&2 as a combo. But I'd like to see us get one of those TEs who can shine when you're facing an elite defense deep in the winter and need that win in the playoffs or you go home. Big target, tough physically and mentally, great hands, etc. There's some guys in this draft who have a chance to develop into that type of weapon for us.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Regardless of one's opinion in Higbee, it seems probable that the Rams are not looking to him as their starter in 2024. He'll be 31 by then and looking for a new FA contract.

So yeah, I'd guess the Rams will be looking to draft his replacement real soon, probably this year. Depends on how much confidence that have in Hopkins and Long.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Higbee IS underrated. When he and Havs were in their prime, they were about the best OT/TE blocking tandem in the league. That’s what propelled the Rams to their first SB appearance.

Fast forward to 2021 and we see a battered and worn Higbee playing on fumes and heart, doing his part to get the Rams to SB #2. Man, you just can’t teach that. He has been a warrior and great TE who is just wearing out. I know I can see him “looking out for his knees” now when he runs after the catch.

He deserves a lofty place when recognizing guys who played through adversity and helped the team win.
…but his time is nearing the end. THIS is the year the FO has to get serious about our next TE. I fully expect the FO to grab one this draft and would be greatly disappointed if they don’t. After all, don’t they usually draft for the NEXT year? That would be when Higbee’s contract is up.

I know I am partial because he’s actually one player I really wanted the Rams to draft—and they did! I will risk refutation and disagreement in saying this, but I think Higbee is the best TE the Rams have ever had.
…and it’s not even close.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Although often injured Goedert has to be in the top 10 , maybe top 5 or 6
Id be lyin if I tried to put Higbee ahead of him. Yup he’s been injured but he’s a darned good player.
I think that makes 5 hands down better.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Weird stat... Higbee with by far the most receiving yards by a TE in Rams' history, by almost a thousand yards.

Higbee first with 3107, Billy Truax from the 60's in 2nd at 2177.

Pretty good for a guy who, while in college, got wasted on his ass and tried to hide from the cops by standing behind a tree

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm not opposed to any trade that will improve the roster for 2023. Perhaps the Lions acquired Sutton, Moseley and Gardiner-Johnson because Okudah has had injury issues? Missed week 1 of his rookie season in 2020, then injured his shoulder in week 11, put on IR and missed 6 more games. Blew out his achilles in week 1 of 2021 and missed 16 games. Had a concussion in week 11 last year and missed a week. Then missed the final week of the season, perhaps to keep him healthy for an eventual trade.

And while I'm not opposed to a trade for Okudah, I think based on his performance and health record, a 3rd is waaay too much. A 3rd round pick based on what? He was evaluated as a 1st round pick and so far hasn't lived up to 4th round status? Brockers was healthy and also a 1st round pick and Detroit gave us a 6th? Furthermore, there is all kinds of angst among Ram fans about depending on Noteboom, a 3rd round pick with an achilles injury and we're going to give up a 3rd for a CB with a previous achilles injury, shoulder injury and most recently a concussion?

Offer them a 5th and let them decide.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No chance we give up a third rounder for a young corner who has not lived up to that high draft status, plus blowing out that achilles. I am sure the Rams are considering an offer for him but in this draft you might find a day one starter in round 3 at corner so you're talking something considerably later like a 5th or a 6th.

Now maybe if there's somebody the Rams want to dish, like let's say they're particularly motivated to trade Robinson, then maybe it forms the basis of some sort of package deal. But I'd pass on Okudah. And that's beside the fact that I don't like the Lions' DC so there's a chance our secondary coach can do better. Thing is the value involved would have to make sense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rather use our 3rd on Brents but would trade a later pick like Merlin said for Okudah.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious if anybody else read more into this. SI is quoting somebody on a site called CluthPoints. No clue who these guys are but the whole basis for this SI article is somebody speculating that Detroit could/should trade him to us for a 3rd rounder and multiple day 3 picks. Can I get a go fuck yourself :) (not you Elm haha)

That's the guy who created this fictional trade rumor.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just curious if anybody else read more into this. SI is quoting somebody on a site called CluthPoints. No clue who these guys are but the whole basis for this SI article is somebody speculating that Detroit could/should trade him to us for a 3rd rounder and multiple day 3 picks. Can I get a go fuck yourself :) (not you Elm haha)

Yeah, I just shared it to get a reaction. If Ramsey only netted a third round pick, then there is no way I'd advocate trading a third for Okudah.

I could see a sixth possibly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just curious if anybody else read more into this. SI is quoting somebody on a site called CluthPoints. No clue who these guys are but the whole basis for this SI article is somebody speculating that Detroit could/should trade him to us for a 3rd rounder and multiple day 3 picks.
We are seeing this more and more, and it’s not cool.

A lot of these tier two websites quote each other and end up creating stories from those quotes. If they can get the story semi viral all the better. In the end it’s all fluff.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

100% Agree. The Source of information really needs to be considered.

Several times in the past, I have tried to make this Exact Same Point by providing an author's Bio/Background to show their lack of qualifications. Current Technology allows literally anyone to get their opinions, thoughts and guesses out to the public.

The Source should always be considered.

Last month, after the Lions signed veteran DBs Cam Sutton, Emmanuel Mosley and Courtney Gardner-Johnson, I speculated Jeff Okudah could be a trade target for the Rams. I was a month ahead of Guilherme Hiray-Leal!

Here's My Bio ... so you all can consider the source of My Jeff Okudah Prediction:
Allen2McVay From NYC.
Die-hard NFL and Rams' fan for 52 years. Played High School Football (was not that good). Retired tax attorney (kind of average at that too). Loves the NFL. Watches and reads everything about the NFL. Has absolutely NO connections or inside information. Huge fan of the Boobie and Booty threads. Eats too much dairy.
Unlike Guilherme, no photo to attach but just imagine a young Brad Pitt.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Here's My Bio ... so you all can consider the source of My Jeff Okudah Prediction:
Allen2McVay From NYC.
Die-hard NFL and Rams' fan for 52 years. Played High School Football (was not that good). Retired tax attorney (kind of average at that too). Loves the NFL. Watches and reads everything about the NFL. Has absolutely NO connections or inside information. Huge fan of the Boobie and Booty threads. Eats too much dairy.
Unlike Guilherme, no photo to attach but just imagine a young Brad Pitt.
I was in favor of giving up a 5th or 6th for him. But it might be better to wait and pick him up once Detroit releases him. Of course my qualifications might not be as good as yours. :biggrin:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was in favor of giving up a 5th or 6th for him. But it might be better to wait and pick him up once Detroit releases him. Of course my qualifications might not be as good as yours. :biggrin:

Who the hell do you think you are!?! What do you know!?!

You think you're Guilherme Hiray-Leal!!!?

He graduated from high school in Brazil, and has lived in Orlando for 5 years!

Have you done that?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
20230419_132037.jpg

The tweet has since then been deleted.

Last edited: