Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Literally yes.

cDV1YS5qcGc

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Still think we were too quick as it would have given the opportunity for more desperate teams to bid against each other. No way every team that missed on a CB in FA doesn't target him. No matter what it went down the way it did, but I believe it could have been played better, but that's my opinion whether any agrees with it or not.
Obviously, no one was desperate. A strong draft class hurt their leverage. And it seems CBs may not be as highly valued as they once were.

They talked about this on Philly radio today. The Eagles played a lot of zone. Their fans complained about their DC as much as we complained about Raheem. So knowing that not only they play a lot of zone, but so does the league overall, it seems the vet CB market was soft.

They expected to lose Bradbury thinking he was in line for $16M-$18M apy... he ended up coming back to Philly for less than $13M apy.

Now, Gardner-Johnson might also be back. They expected to lose him as well, but these guys are not getting the huge offers that they expected.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Obviously, no one was desperate. A strong draft class hurt their leverage. And it seems CBs may not be as highly valued as they once were.

They talked about this on Philly radio today. The Eagles played a lot of zone. Their fans complained about their DC as much as we complained about Raheem. So knowing that not only they play a lot of zone, but so does the league overall, it seems the vet CB market was soft.

They expected to lose Bradbury thinking he was in line for $16M-$18M apy... he ended up coming back to Philly for less than $13M apy.

Now, Gardner-Johnson might also be back. They expected to lose him as well, but these guys are not getting the huge offers that they expected.
Except those 2 aren't viewed as good as Ramsey if you compare the contracts they have. Only takes one team to value a player enough to trade fair compensation. Saying no one is desperate when 5 teams were offering picks is funny to me, but hey, believe what you want, I see the facts say otherwise. What's to say one of those 5 doesn't get more desperate to get Ramsey by offering just a bit more if we played just a little more hardball? However, we'll never know though so technically we could debate this all day til we are old and grey :laugh2:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the heavy quarters shift from the Cover 3 that used to be the standard has been hard on QBs. It definitely makes life tougher on them because the two safeties as a base kills crossers and can lend well to pre-snap mind games with that extra man back there. The top QBs can deal of course but that scheme feeds pretty hard on the rest.

This is why the 9ers have done so well. So many light boxes they can win up front and force teams to move that safety up. Makes life easy on their QBs. Ratboy knows what he's doing with that run game.

But re: the zone it is possible that teams are thinking with all the money at QB why not play a slowing/limiting system that toughens up in the redzone and save money on not needing to pay top corners. In the vid game I play you can tank your ships with shields, armor, or hull (they are burned through in that order by enemies) and if you choose hull every fight ends up with your ship on fucking fire whether you win or lose. The mentality of that absolutely kills me but I've been beaten by it and it is viable.

In the end though I think top corners will never go out of style. They will always be a key to have because they can win you possessions which are immensely valuable in winning/losing. Far better to have a group that gets off the field quickly or can intercept the ball once or twice a game to put you up in the turnover battle. But of course there's some nerd somewhere building spreadsheets to back up bend but don't break approaches.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Except those 2 aren't viewed as good as Ramsey if you compare the contracts they have. Only takes one team to value a player enough to trade fair compensation. Saying no one is desperate when 5 teams were offering picks is funny to me, but hey, believe what you want, I see the facts say otherwise. What's to say one of those 5 doesn't get more desperate to get Ramsey by offering just a bit more if we played just a little more hardball? However, we'll never know though so technically we could debate this all day til we are old and grey :laugh2:
We do know...the best they could get was a fairly high 3rd rd pick. I doubt they passed up a higher pick.

And yes Ramsey was better.

That's why Slay received no trade offers and even Gilmore was moved for only a late 5th rd comp pick.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We do know...the best they could get was a fairly high 3rd rd pick. I doubt they passed up a higher pick.

And yes Ramsey was better.

That's why Slay received no trade offers and even Gilmore was moved for only a late 5th rd comp pick.
No we don't but keep telling yourself that like I'm telling myself otherwise......told you we could debate this all day didn't I? :laugh2:.....just agree to disagree cuz that's what I'm doing

oldnotdead

Legend
Yeah they said the same shit about Corbett and he played very well. Regardless it shows a lack of class by position coaches. There is no need for that type of low class coach. Most of the time they are covering up their own inadequacies. I will judge Long by how he plays as a Ram not from what some position coach with no class says.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looking at what Philly gave up to get Slay makes the value The Rams got in return wasn’t that bad. Ramsey gave The Rams there money’s worth.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah the heavy quarters shift from the Cover 3 that used to be the standard has been hard on QBs. It definitely makes life tougher on them because the two safeties as a base kills crossers and can lend well to pre-snap mind games with that extra man back there. The top QBs can deal of course but that scheme feeds pretty hard on the rest.

This is why the 9ers have done so well. So many light boxes they can win up front and force teams to move that safety up. Makes life easy on their QBs. Ratboy knows what he's doing with that run game.

But re: the zone it is possible that teams are thinking with all the money at QB why not play a slowing/limiting system that toughens up in the redzone and save money on not needing to pay top corners. In the vid game I play you can tank your ships with shields, armor, or hull (they are burned through in that order by enemies) and if you choose hull every fight ends up with your ship on fucking fire whether you win or lose. The mentality of that absolutely kills me but I've been beaten by it and it is viable.

In the end though I think top corners will never go out of style. They will always be a key to have because they can win you possessions which are immensely valuable in winning/losing. Far better to have a group that gets off the field quickly or can intercept the ball once or twice a game to put you up in the turnover battle. But of course there's some nerd somewhere building spreadsheets to back up bend but don't break approaches.

The game is so cyclical and running game is having a bit of a resurgence. Other than having a dominant #1 receiver it's the closest to spamming an easy button these days. Rams could really benefit from an overhauled run game.

A huge part of what got us to the superbowl was leaning on Sony Michel when the passing game was stalling.

More needs to be asked of Stafford too in being under center and using more play-action. Of which, he prefers neither.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice of him to leave with class. I will miss the guy's hard play on the field, and I wish the Rams could have gotten more for him, but this is how the game works now. Best of luck to Jalen Ramsey and thanks for the memories.