Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bullshit, show me a quote from him saying anything like this.
He got paid and has showed up every day, every game, never complained
He watched guys like Donald and Kupp sign big extensions, and then take half the season off while he tried to win games. And again, he didnt complain.
I swear, its like folks hold a grudge from his Jacksonville days and that silly brinks truck gag and will just make up shit
Not true, I’m just saying he just loves to play football. The Rams try to do the best for the player.

I was asking if you saw that interview.Not saying anything bad about him.He was never a Forever Ram though.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
UGH. I thought this was a very weak 11 Personnel podcast. I've heard some good ones but not this one.

Sometimes when people have very little to say, they take a really long time to say it.

This podcast is an example.

Rodrigue and Hammond had very little to say so they filled-in-the-gaps with a lot of words. Many were the same words over-and over. Rodrigue alone said the words 'maximize value' fifteen times. Several times, she said ... 'it's very simple but very complicated.'

Hammond sounded like a total blithering idiot on this podcast.

They provided No Information ... and took a ton of words to say absolutely nothing.

I don't think they fully understand what's going on. I don't fully understand what's going on but I didn't have to do a podcast.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I work at the VA in Albuquerque and this guy came up behind me in the line at the Canteen all in Whiner gear and he saw my Rams lanyard I wear so we started going at it

“ Hey how did the 49ers do in the SB this year?”

“ Better than you guys, your dismantling your team right now”

“ Hey it was worth that ring all I got to say”

“ well we have 5”

The one thing I know gets under their skin…

“ you’re sounding worse than a Cowboys fan right now!”

Lol always good bantering with Whiners fans.
They are so angry and jealous because we won one and they haven't since videotapes were a thing.

I love telling young whiner fans who use that tired "we have 5" line... "We? They have 5. You weren't even born yet when they won those 5 to enjoy 'em. You're actually 0-2 with the whiners, you can't inherit titles." Shuts them the fuck up. Fucking bandwagoners.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
They are so angry and jealous because we won one and they haven't since videotapes were a thing.

I love telling young whiner fans who use that tired "we have 5" line... "We? They have 5. You weren't even born yet when they won those 5 to enjoy 'em. You're actually 0-2 with the whiners, you can't inherit titles." Shuts them the fuck up. Fucking bandwagoners.
Tell them to suck a dick.....they like that

WestCoastRam

Legend
UGH. I thought this was a very weak 11 Personnel podcast. I've heard some good ones but not this one.

Sometimes when people have very little to say, they take a really long time to say it.

Rodrigue and Hammond had very little to say so they filled-in-the-gaps with a lot of words. Many were the same words over-and over. Rodrigue alone said the words 'maximize value' fifteen times. Several times, she said ... 'it's very simple but very complicated.'

They provided No Information ... and took a ton of words to say absolutely nothing.

I don't think they fully understand what's going on. I don't fully understand what's going on but I didn't have to do a podcast.

Umm... she basically speculated that the Jets make a run at Stafford if Rodgers doesn't work out. Granted it was speculation but yowzers. That the Rams aren't looking to trade him but, if a team got desperate they could sell at a premium.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Umm... she basically speculated that the Jets make a run at Stafford if Rodgers doesn't work out. Granted it was speculation but yowzers. That the Rams aren't looking to trade him but, if a team got desperate they could sell at a premium.
They cant sell him at a premium because they cant cover the 50 mill dead cap hit. Thats why the reporting is so lousy

PARAM

Hall of Fame
They realistically can't trade him until after 2024. I'm fine with 2 more years of Stafford. Anybody else?

WestCoastRam

Legend
They cant sell him at a premium because they cant cover the 50 mill dead cap hit. Thats why the reporting is so lousy
She's reported before - and did so again today - that Over The Cap is not accurate and these (Stafford, Donald and Kupp) are complex contracts with definite outs that we are not aware of. Perhaps it's great reporting? ;)

Why not listen to the podcast and then decide?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here is a report he wanted more money. He talked about that as well on that show.
Bullshit, show me a quote from him saying anything like this.
He got paid and has showed up every day, every game, never complained
He watched guys like Donald and Kupp sign big extensions, and then take half the season off while he tried to win games. And again, he didnt complain.
I swear, its like folks hold a grudge from his Jacksonville days and that silly brinks truck gag and will just make up shit

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They realistically can't trade him until after 2024. I'm fine with 2 more years of Stafford. Anybody else?

Agree, because The report of how much Dead Money The Rams are with Jalen Ramsey sort of sucks ? Unless dead money comes from Stan’s bank account & does nothing to salary cap.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Long catches with his hands and is good on runs after the catch and screens. Good fit

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We're all pretty much bandwagoners too, but we don't suck the big, wet willy wonker.

oldnotdead

Legend
What I find interesting is immediately after the trade, Long's position coaches were bad mouthing him. That is low class BS why bad mouth a guy leaving the team? Makes me think that there were personal animosities in that position room. I've seen it where, players bad mouth by coaches on one team blossom on another. If the coaches don't like you then you aren't going to perform well. It will be interesting to see if he performs better in LA. When you look at the production of the starting TEs in Carolina they all seem to be underperforming. Just another thing to watch this season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What I find interesting is immediately after the trade, Long's position coaches were bad mouthing him. That is low class BS why bad mouth a guy leaving the team? Makes me think that there were personal animosities in that position room. I've seen it where, players bad mouth by coaches on one team blossom on another. If the coaches don't like you then you aren't going to perform well. It will be interesting to see if he performs better in LA. When you look at the production of the starting TEs in Carolina they all seem to be underperforming. Just another thing to watch this season.

Or maybe they're badmouthing Long because, maybe - just maybe - he failed to live up to their standards? The tight end position was wide open. Gesecki had been benched, and Schultz's grasp on the starting tight end job wasn't that tight. Long could've easily broken out that year as a receiving tight end to complement the guys living on the deep routes or short routes to get YAC.

Long proved that he wasn't ready, that he may never be ready. It doesn't matter if the coaches supposedly didn't like him or not; they're still coaches in the NFL, and their job is to find the best players to help win a championship. Long obviously didn't work his ass off to prove himself; one catch in two seasons says it all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I recall hearing negative shit about Corbs when we scooped him on the cheap. Maybe he learned something in the failure there and we benefit who knows.

Either way he gets a clean slate far as I'm concerned.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

I love Rodrigue as a reporter, and her articles are great. But every time I try to listen to the 11 Personnel podcast I'm bored to tears. So many words and so little substance. And yeah, Hammond takes even more words to say even less...