Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
If it was so clean, we should have gotten much more.

That doesn't make sense. Teams knew we were desperate to offload his contract to get under the cap. That's part of the reason why he has no guaranteed money left on his contract.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not sure what to expect in the draft at CB and Safety, but I no longer feel they'll near the top of our board for acquisition. What the Rams do need is a pass rush which can take some of the pressure off our young DB's, so I'm still all in on trading for Brian Burns or another elite level Edge.
Snead mentioned an emphasis on offensive improvements as what might be more in store for us, so I suspect the OL, TE, RB & WR positions to see some real intensive activity, maybe even a QB. Keeping Stafford upright should be goal #1. Re-sign Gaines, get us a proper Edge (1 by trade and 1 from later in the draft) and we should be able to present a decent gameplan.
jmo.
One thing I hate about this team is I have no idea wtf is up with Fuller. Maybe it's me and I haven't been paying attention. That's possible because I have avoided the big sites through last season so might have missed out on the info.

But if he can be expected to return that's a boost. Then you add one good safety next to him in FA, which might be affordable, and all of a sudden a good CB draft pick changes how we look. That is best case but at this point it's pretty clear we require a big time draft to get back in things. They need to hit on probably 3-4 players as instant contributors in the draft, have a couple cheap FAs come in and fill holes, on top of returning young players taking big steps forward.

It's a big ask. I agree finding an edge changes the equation a lot. But man those types are hard to find. Burns feels unlikely due to we're not close roster-wise plus they're trying to unfuck the cap. Who knows though, I'd certainly welcome his addition but I expect we're going to take a couple midround edges who have high motors and rotate the fuck out of that front with Henderson maximizing them. So this is why it feels like adding to the back end would be wise.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Did they actually pass it through with a vote? UCLA and USC? I stopped following after the announcement stating that both schools internally needed to confirm it. Is the first year this year?
All Cleared through School, conference and the UC system. UCLA announced a couple weeks ago.
Much easier for USC due to being a private school and not part of the UC system.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Obviously if we could have gotten more, we would have. Hate to see JR go, but we got a ring.

There are some good CBs on this list of free agents we can get for less than we were paying JR

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
This obviously isn't a trade to help the team now, it's all about 2024. We'll have all our draft picks and the money available to field a competitive team again. Sure this makes the Dolphins better this year, but it doesn't guarantee them a championship or that Ramsey doesn't fall completely off the cliff the following year. He already helped us get to the promised land, it's time to move on and build for the future.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
One thing I hate about this team is I have no idea wtf is up with Fuller. Maybe it's me and I haven't been paying attention. That's possible because I have avoided the big sites through last season so might have missed out on the info.

But if he can be expected to return that's a boost. Then you add one good safety next to him in FA, which might be affordable, and all of a sudden a good CB draft pick changes how we look. That is best case but at this point it's pretty clear we require a big time draft to get back in things. They need to hit on probably 3-4 players as instant contributors in the draft, have a couple cheap FAs come in and fill holes, on top of returning young players taking big steps forward.

It's a big ask. I agree finding an edge changes the equation a lot. But man those types are hard to find. Burns feels unlikely due to we're not close roster-wise plus they're trying to unfuck the cap. Who knows though, I'd certainly welcome his addition but I expect we're going to take a couple midround edges who have high motors and rotate the fuck out of that front with Henderson maximizing them. So this is why it feels like adding to the back end would be wise.

Adding to the DB's is likely, although I believe it may become more of a reality by using the back-end of our draft.
The Rams still have those 2024/2025 1'st round draft picks available for trade, Carolina just spent their 2024 1'st rounder during their trade with Chicago, so they may have a renewed appetite. jmo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You would definitely know more than a front office with two superbowl appearances and one championship in the last six years.
It's not about knowing more but this move is being universally be called a steal by the Dolphins by everyone out there. Just watch how we get clowned by everyone tomorrow. I'm not mad he got traded, but the compensation is shit and there's no way to explain that away. Playing that organization won a Superbowl card doesn't absolve them from making dumbass moves.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m sure this was posted but for those of us who missed it.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hunter-long/32004c4f-4e31-7078-2c2a-6aecda5dccae

27507C99-9770-4605-9738-86FD9046C237.png

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It's not about knowing more but this move is being universally be called a steal by the Dolphins by everyone out there. Just watch how we get clowned by everyone tomorrow. I'm not mad he got traded, but the compensation is shit and there's no way to explain that away.

Average football fans don't understand the intricacies of NFL front offices, more at 11.

We've won a shit ton of games and a championship with Snead and McVay. I didn't like the Gurley or Goff moves, but they turned out fine in the end. This FO has earned my trust. I couldn't give a damn what fans of a franchise who haven't won shit since the 70s think.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay definitely has a "type" at TE and it's called "go get that passcatchy sumbish!" Just like with RB.

But he's got two new positional leaders in there now at those positions. Hopefully they will lead him to water re: the physicality side that we tend to miss with our selections of those positions.

The New England tree at TE is very demanding. They require good run blocking. Praying that even if they draft the passcatchy sumbish type we see improvement in the run blocking due to that.

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
It's not about knowing more but this move is being universally be called a steal by the Dolphins by everyone out there. Just watch how we get clowned by everyone tomorrow. I'm not mad he got traded, but the compensation is shit and there's no way to explain that away.
No offense, but no matter what we got in a trade the talking heads would use that as an excuse to hate on the Rams. We won the championship last year and they got no where near the credit other teams get

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No offense, but no matter what we got in a trade the talking heads would use that as an excuse to hate on the Rams. We won the championship last year and they got no where near the credit other teams get
No worries but I agree with you on the past stuff, we won the Superbowl, and the trades were worth it. I don't regret that part but the compensation we got for Ramsey is grade A crap. I'll keep saying it, no way I can be convinced we didn't get royally fleeced.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Ok so it happened. Whatever...I bet Jalen Ramsey lasts a couple years then gets cut in Miami.

He WAS a stud. He also started to get cooked by other WRs more often. I'm gonna miss him, but I'm also not gonna be "woe is me" either.
Seems to me this is the beginning of Ramsay shifting to the #2 CB, matching him up with receivers he can cover better, or maybe later to safety. Dolphins already have a pro bowl cornerback. Ramsay can still be a real asset in a talented defense and secondary, but probably could not continue as the "star" or a lock down CB for the Rams.

Seems clear also Ramsay did not relish continuing with the Rams in a diminished role on a non contending team, and the Rams didn't want him around just to be disgruntled. Miami is a perfect fit for Ramsay on a young contending team and the Rams accommodated him.

Of course the Rams need to clear cap and, ready or not, give their young CBs a chance to show what they can do.

Be interesting to see what is reported on other offers, but not sure there was all that much more trade value available.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Average football fans don't understand the intricacies of NFL front offices, more at 11.

We've won a shit ton of games and a championship with Snead and McVay. I didn't like the Gurley or Goff moves, but they turned out fine in the end. This FO has earned my trust. I couldn't give a damn what fans of a franchise who haven't won shit since the 70s think.
Yes we won a shit ton of games, but no franchise makes all the right moves so that also happens during winning. If anything, we want to limit big mistakes if possible and trading Ramsey for shit compensation like we got is a huge fuck up. When we trade someone of that caliber for so little, no wonder we couldn't trade Floyd and good luck trying to trade Robinson for laundry lint. Can't compare Goff and Gurley deals as Goff had much more clearly regressed and Gurleys knees were shot. Ramsey was durable and still considering top tier talent by many around the league. Don't get me wrong, I'm still praying the Rams can make this right by making some moves we didn't anticipate, but this move doesn't inspire much confidence.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Better hope Durant steps in and plays decent. I think he has some talent , but a far cry from Ramseys talent. Certainly hope Kendrick isn’t their plan. He was exposed all last year.
The Rams have a lot of work to do.
Better mail this draft.