Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You’re all going to feel pretty silly when Hunter Long goes to the HOF and thanks Les Snead for seeing his great potential when nobody else did.

I think Hunter Long may actually turn out just fine, but I'm still hoping the Rams pick another TE or 2 in this draft. Either way, it still doesn't make the Ramsey compensation any easier to go down.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well we got our new TE so now we can draft some receivers.
~ McVay

dang

Legend
Rams had 5 suitors, and this is the deal Snead took... dunno....

EDIT - even if you think Ramsey is washed, such that the deal looks like moving on nicely timed in hindsight and "fair value" for what we sent the other way, the return could have been much better, so I can't see defending this trade.
I want names and numbers of the other 4 suitors. CFL and XFL teams don’t count.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good lord the amount of drama from you people is fucking astounding.

YWtlci00My5naWY.gif

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The guy that wrote Fuck Utah and got blown out?
One childish quote does not a career define. This guy is special special. The SC defense is and has been bad bad.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
One childish quote does not a career define. This guy is special special. The SC defense is and has been bad bad.
I know he's solid. But I don't want to tank for one player.

Also, I can't wait to see how that USC offense does against B1G Defenses.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hey, i don't want to tank either. I like watching a winning team. But, I can't control what the Rams do, clearly as I would have shipped Ramsey to the highest bidder NOT the team he wanted. I would have definitely kept him if that was the best offer. We have a ton of holes and a childs allowance to replace them with.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is really funny is the overall completion percentage by our secondary. So terrible. No matter who we played it was pitch 'n catch.

Then the one guy who can fucking play back there (aside from Ramsey) it took them a long time to install because they wanted to work their way through the shitters they missed on prior. Durant is going to be great for us, kid led the team in INTs in limited looks which is ridiculous. I think he's a gem. Time to build around him.

They need to hit on at least one corner in this draft. Two is what we need, but if they can hit on one minimum and improve the safeties then we might have a defense that can make QBs hold the ball a beat longer.

Your kidding right?

Their dc had them playing off 10 yards in 3rd and short. Those completion percentages are on the scheme.

Ram65

Legend
Here is my take.

1. Rams need to cut cap hits.

2. Rams are going rebuild mode with AD, Kupp, and I guess Stafford is safe.

3. Snead got what he could for Ramsey. Anyone who thinks he is taking less to keep Ramsey happy is way off.

I wanted the Rams to go into remodeling mode. While Ramsey may be slowing down he brought a physicality to the Rams defense that had been lacking before he got here. The Rams may miss that. The young players have to step up. Remodeling while keeping all the high top-end cap-hit players was probably a bad idea and could set the Rams back for longer than a year or two.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
While Ramsey may be slowing down he brought a physicality to the Rams defense that had been lacking before he got here. The Rams may miss that.
This is true. His physicality will be missed. But it still comes down to the fact if the Rams hit on a corner and restack the safeties they can improve the defense and have a respectable unit vice a unit that lets QBs do whatever the F they want.